Jersey Colour clash?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Geansai Gorm
Senior
Club: Ballycommon

Jersey Colour clash?

Post by Geansai Gorm »

Just like to get feedback from the board on this topic.
We have just played 4 league games in the League and in three of those games there has been a jersey colour clash.
The current rule is both teams change in the event of a colour clash, and we have done so on each occasion meaning we have played just one of our games in our main jersey. BUT..in all 3 other games the opposition did not change.
For some this is not an issue, for others there is a matter of principle and pride involved.

One club said they didn't have a change, one club said they were the 'home' team? and the other have probably worn their change jersey once or twice in the last probably 10 meetings against us.

I can't see the winning or losing of games on this, but for some it is an issue.

Comments?

frankthetank
All Star

Re: Jersey Colour clash?

Post by frankthetank »

1. Both clubs should change if the changed jersey doesnt clash.

2. If changed jerseys clash home team should change only.

3. For championship there should be a toss of coin and winners wears “home” jersey and then teams should alternate in each subsequent game.

That would be an ideal scenario I feel.

Geansai Gorm
Senior
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Geansai Gorm »

Frank, these seem reasonable options, but still would teams stick to them.
Probably the next time we meet a team with the same colour, we will just wear our blues and see what happens.

TerraceTalk
Intermediate

Post by TerraceTalk »

Agree with this. Major bug bearer of mine. Some clubs very good at using alternate jerseys, some not so good… You might go as far to say one or two clubs think they are too good to change colours?