League & Championship hurling 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Fairplayalways
All Star

Re: League & Championship hurling 2022

Post by Fairplayalways »

exactly, and all I am saying is ask him (encourage him really) and see if he can, alot knock him, but if I were going into battle in the morning and he was willing and available he would be with me. Problem now is he has been away and knows there is another life out there other than the inter county commitment, and if so, fair enough, we could badly do with him but the man is human and has his personal priorities now too which I was aware of. Lets hope he is asked at least by the new regime, personally, I think he might come back. Best of luck to him whatever he does, he owes club or county nothing.

aigne
Junior B

Post by aigne »

JHC semi final draw during the week, scheduled for Oct 1st:
Kilcormac/Killoughey vs. Ballinamere
Clodiagh Gaels vs. Edenderry

DannyBoyCane
Junior C

Post by DannyBoyCane »

any predictions for junior?
i reckon clodiagh geals v ballinamere final,

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

DannyBoyCane wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:07 pm any predictions for junior?
i reckon clodiagh geals v ballinamere final,
I think so too. Although it’s hard to call between Kk & Ballinamere. I’ve seen both Clodiagh Gaels & Edenderry hurl this year. I think Clodiagh Gaels will be too strong for them.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Cillian, please comeback and hurl for Offaly.

There, I've done my bit Fairplay.

But seriously, how many guys come back in to play intercounty in Offaly after being away for more than a year?
Very few, and thats the way it is I guess in most counties that are not that successful, you give it a shot for a few years and some more than that but ultimately it is a tough task in hurling at the moment.

I admire those that commit but stop going on each year about those that don't.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

No need for the "slam dunk" reply, we are all on here entitled to our opinion no mire than yourself but telling us what we should or should not be discussing is uncalled for or necessary.. so I'll put it politely go and have a happy Christmas😉

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Well, I'll put it another way, not much point discussing Cillian Kiely each year as not fair on the lad himself, and only discussion worth having now is between Johnny Kelly and him.

My plea to Cillian was genuine by the way, and I'm sure carries no weight whatsoever :(

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Crinkill Gaa flying the flag for Offaly in the jersey World Cup. Down to the final 9. Give them a vote !!
https://instagram.com/stories/loafofbre ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:17 pm Well, I'll put it another way, not much point discussing Cillian Kiely each year as not fair on the lad himself, and only discussion worth having now is between Johnny Kelly and him.

My plea to Cillian was genuine by the way, and I'm sure carries no weight whatsoever :(
This is only a discussion forum so probably no need wasting our time discussing results of game either as we know the results and us talking about them isn't going to change them either when one thinks about it so what on earth can we discuss then.. Seriously I doubt any player will be reading on here to be swayed on whether to play/rejoin Offaly but sure what harm is it to discuss such things..its only discussing what I think would improve Offaly inter County team, hence the topic, anything we say here isn't going to be of relevance to these decisions but no harm to anticipate them either.. Who knows.. Tks for reply all the same..

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

The Senior Hurling Final is on next Sunday. Will Kilcormac/ Killoughey be the winners, or can Shinrone claim their historic first County Title, in their first Senior decider since 1960?

Onionbag
All Star
Club: Durrow

Post by Onionbag »

I'm going for a one point win for Shinrone.

In the final after beating Coolderry, St Rynagh's and Belmont.

Just get the feeling their name is on the cup.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Winner Play naas in 1st round of leinster. That will be an interesting match.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I think this match could well go either way.

While the winner will deserved to be named County champions I think we can all agree no team has lit up the championship this year and there is plenty of teams around the same level.

I am going to go with K/K with some of there experienced players to be the winners on the day.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

greenairfield wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:00 am I think this match could well go either way.

While the winner will deserved to be named County champions I think we can all agree no team has lit up the championship this year and there is plenty of teams around the same level.

I am going to go with K/K with some of there experienced players to be the winners on the day.
I think KK will just have too much experience on the day for Shinrone. I hope it will be a good game.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Shinrone V KK - alot are saying they "can only see one winner" and thats understandable, alot are also saying KK are hurling not too well, fair enough by their standards, but they are unbeaten all championship, some close calls fair enough, but they did get over those games and came out the other side. They have a good functioning team, where the Kielys are more than capable of dictating their respective lines and will get scores, this is familiar territory for them at this stage, and experience will count for sure.
Shinrone are in their first final since 1960, yes, they had their "scares" along the way, but this year they got over these bumps on the road, other years they imploded, yes they were very luck indeed in the semifinal V Belmont, Belmont will be still wondering how the lost that game and it will leave scars there I think. Shinrone had luck this year they hadnt in other years where they were expected to deliver. The will relish the open spaces of O'Connor park in partiular, and will have massive support both from local and neutrals alike (I actually like KK too) So this will be a close game I think, closer than some think. KK will be probably deserving favourites, but Shinrone will righly counter that by saying they knocked out both last years finalists (Coolderry in the group and Rynaghs in QF), and knocked out Belmont whom many thought this was their year with Rynaghs going back a little and KK not playing particularly well either. My head is saying KK will win by 3 or four points, my heart is saying Shinrone, I wil go for Shinrone to win 1-20 to Kilcormacs 2-16...