League & Championship hurling 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Dodge83
All Star

Re: League & Championship hurling 2022

Post by Dodge83 »

I know for a fact that Birr didn’t inform neither crinkill or Carrig & Riverstown of their decision to go alone. The county board notified both clubs. Birr are well entitled to go out by themselves at that grade. As for protecting their future ? That doesn’t seem to bother them about the future of crinkill & Carrig/Riverstown by objecting. And they are certainly not bothered about Crinkill’s future as they continue to play young lads who should be with Crc Gaels. The way I see it , Birr want to have the pick of the best young players in the area and fuck the rest!! Excuse my language. Hopefully the county board see sense and throw out this objection

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Also from what I heard the U20 team won’t be called Crc Gaels. It would be Carrig/Riverstown & Crinkill

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Dodge there is two sides to every story.
If you want to come on here and give misinformation to posters who are not informed that is fine but at least try be honest and give a fair opinion on the matter rather than your one sided bull.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

That’s not bull. That’s facts.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

greenairfield wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:49 pm Dodge there is two sides to every story.
If you want to come on here and give misinformation to posters who are not informed that is fine but at least try be honest and give a fair opinion on the matter rather than your one sided bull.
Had no idea what the storey was so did some research.
1. Birr have withdrawn the objection.
2. Birr did not inform CRC gaels that they were not coming together as St Brendans. County board informed CRC gaels very late on when Birr made their application.
3. It was decided at Birr agm not to go in with CRC gaels as it was stopping Birr lads from playing. ( which is fair enough). Previous st brendans team had 7 starters from CRC.
4. Did not inform CRC gaels what the objection was.
5. CRC gaels are going alone ( don't know under what name) also and will be very reluctant to go back in with Birr again if ever.
6. Has gone down very badly with a lot of people.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

The research you done seems to be very one sided.
Ask Birr people their version and they will tell you a reason why they done it which will cover each point you made above.
I am unwilling to state it here on a public forum as it could affect the discussions when clubs meet during the year.

Your point of CRC having 7 clearly shows why Birr should go on there own look after their own.
its only an u20 championship one that has 2 or 3 games a year for any one club Birr have bigger and more important things to be looking after mainly providing hurling for there own young players success at u20 is certainly not a key factor for any club nice to win it yes but it's not the end of the world if you don't.
Remember it's not that long ago when Birr had 13 or 14 players and C+R might have one representative.
They won't he going back to Crinkle or Carrig either the feeling is mutual.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Come off it now. Are you disputing anything I said?
Birr looking after themselves and their players is one thing, but putting an objection to stop a team from playing, unless you can explain or expand on is Petty and does not serve the interest of people wishing to play a sport.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

According to the Offaly express they withdrew their objection so they could hurl. They done it for a valid reason why would a parish team leave the local parish to play with another team if it happened anywhere else there would be mayhem.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

So members of the carrig club, and the crinkle club shoulld play for who?

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

They both play under Carrig or Carrig + Crinkle this year after that who knows what will happen.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Birr are well entitled to go by themselves at U20 level and more luck to them. But to object to a Carrig/Riverstown & Crinkill team was petty. They have burnt a bridge there and who knows if that will come back to haunt them in the future. Crc have been far more successful at underage in recent years than Birr have and if they amalgamate at adult level who knows how successful that will be too. I’m sure it’s not the last we will hear on this matter.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Terrific people involved in Birr club now it's not like before.
This was a decision based on alot more than what we know and once common sense comes from it all every party should be happy.
I think some posters here commenting on the matter are trying to jump on something and paint Birr in a bad light when really they don't know the ins and outs of it. Leave it to the clubs to come together and county board which is a fair for all three clubs.

Dodge83
All Star

Post by Dodge83 »

Look I’m not trying to paint anyone in a good or bad light. I’m not originally from the area, living here a long time now but I am friendly with some people in the know. I think what’s most important is that all young kids are provided the opportunity to play Gaa. And as long as the 3 clubs in the area play by the rules there should be no issues.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I can only go by what I read in th papers, taking the posters points above, the auld adge of "if your going to tell the story tell it all, not part of it"..and to be fair some posters have posted their "facts" and so be it we will take them as that for the discussion, but another poster coming on stating they know the "other side of the story" but wont say here incase it would affect the matter later...now come on, if GAA chiefs are going to be taking into account what was said of uibh Fhailli.com then they are not doing a very good job or doing it properly..I am a bit "amazed" that Birr (whom I have the greatest of respect for are withdrawing the objection as they are promised it will be discussed in a meeting later in the year...that is a strange thing to say...how do they (Birr) know that that will be sufficient to address their concerns..withdrawing it for that reason was very strange to me..I hope it is resolved to suit all..does sound like Birr are minding their pick..but thats not a slur against them..