Offaly Hurlers 2022

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
JimBwobb
Senior

Offaly Hurlers 2022

Post by JimBwobb » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am

Hi Folks, with the new season just weeks away with the Walsh Cup might aswell get the thread up and running..

Walsh cup against Galway on 9th January, the start of King Henry's reign in the tribes county.

Massive massive increase of opposition this year in the league in terms of skill, physically, player pick and general hurling awareness.

Be interesting to see if we have many new men called in or old faces returning .

Fairplayalways
All Star

Re: Offaly Hurlers 2022

Post by Fairplayalways » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 pm

It sure will be interesting, interesting too to see will the new faces last year be settled and pressing for first team this year, Oisin Kelly of course gone, and his presence will be a huge loss, but as they say, its an opportunity for someone else to get chance and probably have to tweek the system abit..even the Walsh cup is interting these times for us...hopefully we will get a few more on board or one or two back, I wonder will Cillian Kiely come back, love him or loathe him he gives 200% every time for club and county..a great warrior if he does come back..

Dodge83
Junior A

Post by Dodge83 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:11 pm

I can see Offaly taking some heavy beatings in the league this year , but in the long run I think it will stand to us in the Championship. It certainly did for Westmeath this year. Hopefully we see a few new faces on the panel too. Also can someone tell me why is Oisin Kelly not hurling ?

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:02 pm

Dodge83 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:11 pm
I can see Offaly taking some heavy beatings in the league this year , but in the long run I think it will stand to us in the Championship. It certainly did for Westmeath this year. Hopefully we see a few new faces on the panel too. Also can someone tell me why is Oisin Kelly not hurling ?
Oisin Kelly was injured during the club championships. He missed part of both the football and hurling season with Ferbane and Belmont. I believe he will miss Offaly’s league campaign.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:14 pm

Just seen on Midland Tribune a few lads not returning to Offaly hurling panel for various reasons and few new lads coming in. A few surprise withdrawals in ways, but a few didnt feature much last season so I suppose that will happen. A few interesting names coming in, we probably could have done with some of the withdrawals giving it another shot but such is sport. Cillian Kiely not back and while I know it was never flagged he might be, I would say most hurling people were hoping he would but again, so be it.