Shane Lowry - Official topic

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Shane Lowry

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Read Karl MacGinty in todays Irish Independent - the offaly lads are making their presence felt in St. Andrews . . .

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/lo ... 62648.html
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

A decent showing in Lowry's first major - tied for 37th.
Soon he'll have to defend the Irish Open title!

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Best of luck to Shane as he begins the defence of his Irish Open title in Kilarney tomorrow.

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Lowry ready for seconds in Killarney

"When I stand up on the first tee on Thursday morning I firmly believe that I can win it. If I didn't believe, I wouldn't be there"

BY looking at his swagger and his confident demeanour you would think Shane Lowry was a seasoned pro of 13 years and not just the 13 months that he has actually been playing golf at the highest level.

A hugely confident man even while in the amateur ranks, Lowry finds himself firmly in the spotlight this week as he tees up to defend his '3' Irish Open title which he won so majestically last year in wet and windy conditions Baltray.

It's been a topsy turvy 13 months for the Esker Hills' clubman but since the start of the 2010 season, Lowry has looked the real deal with numerous top 20 finishes.

He played in his first major at the British Open two weeks ago and his strong showing has guaranteed his entry in to the USPGA in Wisconsin next month in the last major of the year.

Speaking about his first major experience, the 23 year old commented, "It was a good week. I had a great chance on the Sunday to move right up the world rankings and up the order of merit but I played the last six holes poorly and that cost me quite a bit in world ranking points. I played three and a half good rounds and I felt like I handled myself pretty well.

"I fancied myself around there with the conditions been a bit tougher. I played very sensible golf at St Andrew's which is actually very unlike me. I normally will go for pretty much everything but I played par golf and it worked for three and a half rounds. The few bogies and double bogey on 17 on the Sunday cost me".

His attention is now firmly switched to the '3' Irish Open in Killarney which gets underway tomorrow and Lowry admits it will be hard to try and keep preparations normal.
"It will be hard but I'm not going to spend too much time around the golf course. I have a house rented a good bit outside the town. I'll have a few people staying with me. I'll keep a low profile next week.

"I'm trying my best to stay away from it. I have to treat it as any other week or else I won't do well. I have a routine before tournaments and I'll be sticking to it.

"Whatever happens I'll be on the first tee on Thursday ready for action and as prepared as I can be. I'll be standing on the first tee on Thursday morning and once it's just me inside the ropes; it's just me and the golf course like any other week. I know there will be a big crowd down there and it will be different to what I'm used to".

(taken from Offaly Express site)

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Lowry

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Maybe we should just all give up the football for a few years , and just take up a few rounds of golf.
Well done to Shane on finishing 4th today in the BMW in Wentworth - One good result for Uibh Fhaili this weekend!
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

turk
All Star

Re: Lowry

Post by turk »

Superb stuff, Shane Lowry is going brilliantly of late putting his injury torment behind him. Near 300K prizemoney for the year now.

john locke
Junior A

Post by john locke »

Thereorthereabouts , have you fallen off the skype map ??
Sometimes you meet your destiny on the road you took to avoid it

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

yeah there is somethin fucked up with it .. Ill get it fixed tomorrow
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

uibhfaillian
Junior A

Post by uibhfaillian »

Lowry is 1 over after the first round in the US Open. Puts him in with a good chance of making the cut by the looks of it.

Superted
Intermediate

Post by Superted »

Superb performance from Lowry on probably the tougest Major Championship! Great birdie on the last. Hopefully same again tomorrow!

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

I entered this thread titled 'Lowry' falsely believing it was in relation to my good friend Mike Lowry, Mike Lowwwwry, MIke Lowwwry.

Clearly it isn't. I'm very disappointed. I haven't seen him in years.

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Well he's Shane's uncle so maybe you might pick up some info on his whereabouts here.
The night is darkest before the dawn

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

I never saw the family resemblance to be perfectly honest.....

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2009/08 ... hoto33.jpg

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

That was him after a hard days work on the bog, you might recognise this better, far right.

http://www.fbgaamc.com/2006_under12A_fo ... final2.jpg
The night is darkest before the dawn

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Great win in Portugal today for Shane Lowry. An eagle two at 11 really kickstarted his final day challenge, and from there in he played some very good golf to win by one shot from Ross Fisher
This win will put him into the worlds top 100 which will help him in his quest for a lucrative US tour card
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean