Senior A and B Hurling Championships 2020

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
SearingDrive
All Star

Re: Senior A and B Hurling Championships 2020

Post by SearingDrive »

Drumcullen could be dark horses this year. I would be hoping that Clodiagh Gaels can beat Kinnitty in the other semi final, but Kinnitty may have too much on the day.
The Brian Carroll incident was covered in todays's TT, whatever transpired it was a bad day for Coolderry.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

TT I assume stands for Tullamore Tribune after some thought...not everyone will be familiar thats all...

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Fairplayalways wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:32 pm TT I assume stands for Tullamore Tribune after some thought...not everyone will be familiar thats all...
It is Tullamore Tribune.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Thought a few more would be on discussing the two senior A semi-finals this comming weekend...hopefully we will get them and the final played and move onto the intercounty...

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

In fairness, most likely no one's here's been to see many matches, if at all. I've been to the three Lusmagh games, plus one other (sshhhh!) and that's it.
I haven't had time to watch any Senior A matches on the computer.
Fairplayalways wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:24 pm Thought a few more would be on discussing the two senior A semi-finals this comming weekend...hopefully we will get them and the final played and move onto the intercounty...
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I have seen Belmont once and K/K once if K/K manage Oisin Kelly they will win with a bit to spare if they dont tie him downs it's a different game. I am going to go with K/K by 6.

Have seen Birr all 3 games and to be honest overall they have been impressive. The owe Banagher one from the final but whether they are good enough to take them seems to be unknown. I am hoping we have moved on and are a better side with a couple of new young players in the team.

I am going to go with Birr by 1.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I cant see how people who are not at games wouldnt watch them on the live stream, I have seen more games this year than any other, and hence on here with various comments etc...

Belmont shot alot of wides early on, which as always can come back to haunt a team, especially some of them were criminal, and at least 2 dropped short...close games these are massive...KK were as I always say about them, able to figure out Belmont..Kelly was quiet by his predicted standards, and I cannot understand this thing of him taking over the free taking and tapping it over the bar??? David Nally was doing ok from his frees, and would point the one or two Kelly tipped over...

Also near the end when Belmont needed a goal, Kelly took one free (put it over deliberately from what I seen)..Leon fox too the next and went for a goal...either one of them is the taker, it looked abit " I dont want it you take it" and no one brought a save from the KK goalie as a result.

Kiely had to go for his check on Kelly after being on a yellow already, could and should have went for the clash on side line a bit earlier but the ref knew it was 6/1 half a dozen of other and gave him the benefit of doubt..Colin Egan was lucky to get away with his third man challenge..
Belmont came back into fair enough, but KK were down to 14 without Cillian Kiely, who was having a good game...best team won.. 4 semis I think Belmont have lost in a row, very hard to take for them, they are just short the one or two other forwards/scorers to get them over the line...David Kelly was a big loss to Belmont today..he is a good player and often doesnt get the recognition he deserves...KK deserved to win this game today.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

As per earlier, I just think Birr will beat Rynaghs, I dont know why, but I just think they are in form at right time...

KeshaWantsTimber
Intermediate

Post by KeshaWantsTimber »

Regards watching online. It can really get quite costly. Double header are normally €10 but counties are charging €8 for each individual game. €50 for year was good value a month ago but not now.

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

KK to win the senior A.
Kinnitty to win the senior B.
Coolderry to win the intermediate.

Liam2020
Senior
Club: Kinnity

Post by Liam2020 »

I see kk won the minor hurling again, is that 18 minor title in 30 years,? they have 6 in this decade. Their u 15 are savage would it be better if they split at underage????

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

This has come up before lads. KK is a huge area! If not split they should have 2 teams in underage at most levels - A&B. They must have 6 feeder primary schools? They compete against some clubs who might have 1 or 2 feeder primarys.

Special note re Ballinamere's emergence at A underage level in last few years. Lot of work going on there - and they (with Durrow) are competing at Senior A in both codes next year with young teams. They have never been stronger in either code....... They were in minor A hurling final today and are in Minor A football final also........It isn't a very big area but they have a lot of good people doing great work out there and the work is bearing fruit.
jimbob

mynamesjeff
Intermediate

Post by mynamesjeff »

jimbob17 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 pm This has come up before lads. KK is a huge area! If not split they should have 2 teams in underage at most levels - A&B. They must have 6 feeder primary schools? They compete against some clubs who might have 1 or 2 feeder primarys.

Special note re Ballinamere's emergence at A underage level in last few years. Lot of work going on there - and they (with Durrow) are competing at Senior A in both codes next year with young teams. They have never been stronger in either code....... They were in minor A hurling final today and are in Minor A football final also........It isn't a very big area but they have a lot of good people doing great work out there and the work is bearing fruit.
Not a very big area, but outside the largest town in the county, and in the same parish. The population sprawls out.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Birr V St. Rynaghs - just a quick line on this game before moving on to county final, Rynaghs I thought hurled probably their best hurling all year here, the were physically stronger than Birr, Birr missed a few wides at crucial times early on and the wide Eoghan Cahill had to put them 5 up was a fierce miss by most free takers standards now adays..the resulting puck out resulted in Oisin Murphy loosing his helmet (it did appear accidental to be fair) he stopped play waiting for a free that he was never going to get and got pulled for over carrying, Rynaghs pointed the free, what should have been a 5 point lead was now 3...Birr protested almost too much and seemed to loose their way after that very much. Rynaghs finished very well, so much so, with Birr now out, I think Rynaghs were impressive enough for me to beat KK in the final,

County Final KK V St. Rynaghs, KKwill not fall away like Birr did, but St. Rynaghs have seemed to click nicely now and are seeing out matches finishing strong especially a semi final, will be a huge boost. KK will stay the course, I just dont see them scoring as easily in this game as in other games against a water tight Rynaghs defence, and I I think Rynaghs will get the scores to win by 2/3 points. (just announced now by GAA all games at all levels are off, so God knows when this will be played)

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Not sure if closing down club activity ahead of official announcement from Government was wise, unless GAA believed that we were going to level 5 immediately. Why have training if club games are off indefinitely.?