Offaly U20s

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
feirmeoir
Intermediate

Offaly U20s

Post by feirmeoir »

Anyone know the team that played yesterday - I didn't see it on social media

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: Offaly U20s

Post by ryot »

Like feirmeoir I would like to see the U20 lineout or even Panel.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Was hoping to see a piece in the Tullamore/Midland Tribune. Unfortunately, there’s nothing on the game or the 20s. A pity that they couldn’t put the team on social media. I know that there’s currently no PRO, but still. Also, subs could be announced when the team is. It’s not as if there’s any advantage being really gained by not putting them up. They’re all given at the same time for a programme, so why can’t they be put up on social media. Someone on here made the point last year, if I recall correctly.
Good Luck

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Lost by one point to Kildare, by reading the accounts online this game should not have been played with a lot of water sitting on the pitch. Good effort from the lads , kildare robbing the game at the end! This would have been a boost if we could have beaten Kildare who in recent years are strong at this grade, on the plus side a few lads might contribute to senior set up now.

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

was at the game, Maurice Deegan (referee)was the only person in St Conleths who thought that this match should go ahead, conditions were awful, Offaly played well, the goal was a killer, added time point won it for Kildare

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Couple of lads in this team capable of going on to play at co senior level. It is a young team and a few (even the best of them) are underage again next year. Off top of my head Jack Bryant, Cathal O Donoghue and Aidan Bracken among others have potential to step up in coming years. Surprised the young lad from Edenderry (Farrell lad - forget 1st name) who had AFL trials wasn't on this team. Is he injured or what?

Nonetheless, augurs well that we are really competing with likes of Kildare at underage level now - we have some good talent coming and with right dev steps put in place, more will come through to benefit senior team in years to come.
jimbob

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

jimbob17 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:42 am Couple of lads in this team capable of going on to play at co senior level. It is a young team and a few (even the best of them) are underage again next year. Off top of my head Jack Bryant, Cathal O Donoghue and Aidan Bracken among others have potential to step up in coming years. Surprised the young lad from Edenderry (Farrell lad - forget 1st name) who had AFL trials wasn't on this team. Is he injured or what?

Nonetheless, augurs well that we are really competing with likes of Kildare at underage level now - we have some good talent coming and with right dev steps put in place, more will come through to benefit senior team in years to come.
Farrell lad stood on glass out for few weeks

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

kingscounty wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:08 am
jimbob17 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:42 am Couple of lads in this team capable of going on to play at co senior level. It is a young team and a few (even the best of them) are underage again next year. Off top of my head Jack Bryant, Cathal O Donoghue and Aidan Bracken among others have potential to step up in coming years. Surprised the young lad from Edenderry (Farrell lad - forget 1st name) who had AFL trials wasn't on this team. Is he injured or what?

Cian Farrell is the Edenderry player who is out with a foot injury.

oneshot
County player

Post by oneshot »

i wasnt at the game so can’t commment on it, but was talking to a few who were and they said maurice deegan rode offaly and gave kildare any free that was going . also some were saying the sideline men should have made a few subs as a few were not having the best of days and should have been called ashore .

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

SearingDrive wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 am
kingscounty wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:08 am

Cian Farrell is the Edenderry player who is out with a foot injury.
No not Cian Farrell - lad I am talking about is a middle third player - an outstandingly athletic player who played U20s last year and is underage again this year........ also a county senior prospect - not sure he is any relation to Cian Farrell.......
jimbob

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Ruari Egan
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

BiffoInThurso
Intermediate
Club: St Rynaghs

Post by BiffoInThurso »

Is there any sign of the young Egan chap from Edenderry in with any of the offaly panels this year? I didn't see his name on the write up for the u20's game against Kildare. The boy is obviously a phenomenal talent, hopefully he's still involved in some level of the county setup.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

True Red wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:40 amRuari Egan
Yea thats the fella (Egan). A right good prospect. Hugely impressive when I saw him last year...... Deffo didnt play u20s this year as far as I know at least?..... I was getting mixed up with young Farrell lad that also played or plays a bit of Rugby......... who is also a good prospect - at club level at least.......
jimbob