Byrne v Duignan

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Next County Board Chairman?

Tommy Byrne
54%
Michael Duignan
46%

Total votes: 41

offalys future2
Junior B

Re: Byrne v Duignan

Post by offalys future2 »

Lone Shark wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:13 pm That would be a career of covering local and national GAA. Ongoing involvement in GAA administration. Involvement in two large sponsorship deals, dealing directly with county boards from the other side.

If you disagree, disagree, but it's hardly a controversial view to say that different ways of working, different ways of thinking and a diversity of skills and strengths is a positive thing.
so no concrete evidence just your opinion.
for the past month you have slated people on this forum for sharing their opinion and wanting to endorse Michael Duignan without evidence and proof.

Tmacmahon
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Tmacmahon »

In the end the desire for change won out. Thank you Tommy for your effort over the years, and a very big congrats to Michael.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

offalys future2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:31 pm
Lone Shark wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:13 pm That would be a career of covering local and national GAA. Ongoing involvement in GAA administration. Involvement in two large sponsorship deals, dealing directly with county boards from the other side.

If you disagree, disagree, but it's hardly a controversial view to say that different ways of working, different ways of thinking and a diversity of skills and strengths is a positive thing.
for the past month you have slated people on this forum for sharing their opinion and wanting to endorse Michael Duignan without evidence and proof.
You will not find a single post from me slating anyone for being in Michael Duignan's corner. When people got abusive and personal, I called them on it - but that's just a flat out lie. So I'm going to stop engaging with you now.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

offalys future2
Junior B

honestly it must hurt you to see something productive happening in the county. and the first post you put up afterwards is negative!
Go off and do some research on the topics you want to talk about instead of spouting the same shite you have been for the past 10 years here.

offalys future2
Junior B

Lone Shark wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:52 pm I know first hand that the roles of PRO and Fixtures secretary are incredibly busy, where you might have anything up to 200 calls/texts/emails to deal with on a busy week.
this is the sort of stupidity that exists in the GAA. If there right procedures and processes were put in place very little of this would be required.
go talk to other counties that are running their affairs correctly and see how this can be adapted in Offaly.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

It's important to have a diversity of views, within reason, on any board and the worst thing is to have a load of yes men and noddies.
A good County board will have a balance of good people from different clubs from different backgrounds age and experience who are committed and able to doing a good job.

It will be interesting to see who the present executive source to fill the other positions and if they still just bring in people from their own clubs. Ie more Rynaghs and Clara lads.

Rynaghs have two positions on the board now and duignan himself a third if you count Rynaghs as his first club.

Clara two as well at the moment.

A key role will be fixtures secretary. That is a thankless job. Mary did a great job when she was at it, and I thought so did Padraig. In 2017 three people did it and it
was absolute chaos. They were sending out two different fixtures lists and they couldn't manage it or organise it.

It will be interesting to see if Colm Cummins will step up to the plate and take that role on. He has been vocal enough about how fixtures should be organised, but will he commit to doing the daily almost 24 /7 work of Fixtures secretary or argue how it should be done from the sidelines. It's easy to be critical of another persons work but will he be prepared to go and put in the hours himself.

Will he step forward and see how the fixtures works at first hand.

Duignan and the county has a great opportunity here. People seem re engerised and aspirational about what our county can achieve. Can he do it only time will tell.
Last edited by Hasselhoff on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

offalys future2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:47 pm

honestly it must hurt you to see something productive happening in the county. and the first post you put up afterwards is negative!
Go off and do some research on the topics you want to talk about instead of spouting the same shite you have been for the past 10 years here.
And 10 years later all you offer is abuse towards anyone who doesn't view the world through your own narrow prism.

offalys future2
Junior B

another one!
actually i haven't posted much on my opinions if you read back. but i will call out people on stating facts with no research only their opinion. and when we actually wanted their opinion they copped out and refused to give it! Hilarious

The county is on an upward curve and for the first time ever their is real leaders leading the county board with very clear plans. Embrace it!

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

offalys future2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:50 pm
Lone Shark wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:52 pm I know first hand that the roles of PRO and Fixtures secretary are incredibly busy, where you might have anything up to 200 calls/texts/emails to deal with on a busy week.
this is the sort of stupidity that exists in the GAA. If there right procedures and processes were put in place very little of this would be required.
go talk to other counties that are running their affairs correctly and see how this can be adapted in Offaly.
Tell us so how it should be done. Please elaborate. Show us the solutions and how it can be organised better.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

offalys future2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm another one!
actually i haven't posted much on my opinions if you read back. but i will call out people on stating facts with no research only their opinion. and when we actually wanted their opinion they copped out and refused to give it! Hilarious

The county is on an upward curve and for the first time ever their is real leaders leading the county board with very clear plans. Embrace it!
1. Slates people for supposedly stating opinions as facts.
2. Finishes by stating an opinion as fact.

You couldn't make it up! :mrgreen:

offalys future2
Junior B

That's my opinion based on listening to Michael Duignan and what he hopes to achieve.

Seriously what are ye guys going to write about when things start to improve. No doubt ye will find something!

offalys future2
Junior B

ye are hilarious. For years when anybody criticized the county board on here ye came back with that nobody else will put themselves forward. Then when somebody does ye do everything in your power to discredit them. Then when they do get elected ye still look for the negatives.
The county Board positions are voluntary, people should come and go all the time - just because a few people have left it shouldn't leave a void. It's up to Michael Duignan to get more people in to support what he plans to achieve. From what he has done and said so far there is no reason not to believe him and i have no doubt he will achieve it.
Stop your nit picking ffs.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Hasselhoff wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:07 pm
offalys future2 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:50 pm
Tell us so how it should be done. Please elaborate. Show us the solutions and how it can be organised better.
Any update on the solutions?

Tmacmahon
All Star

Post by Tmacmahon »

The trap we can fall into here is not listening to anybodys view piont, and just mad eager to post to get our own speak/views in. Its great to see so much energy focused towards this election, and if that energy can brought into different areas within everyones club, we will be all the better for it,
at this stage the time for talking is well and truly over. its time to start doing.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Offlays future finally someone is speaking sense here!
Be positive embrace change - change is good.