Byrne v Duignan

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Next County Board Chairman?

Tommy Byrne
54%
Michael Duignan
46%

Total votes: 41

allstar2010
All Star

Re: Byrne v Duignan

Post by allstar2010 »

Looks like Duignan is going to get in if twitter and media reports are to be believed. I think before Duignans Dictatorship takes over we should thank so many hardworking individuals that have gone about their business in the background in difficult circumstances when it would have been so easy to walk away when certain individuals were quick to run to the media and slate them.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

allstar2010 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:50 am Looks like Duignan is going to get in if twitter and media reports are to be believed. I think before Duignans Dictatorship takes over we should thank so many hardworking individuals that have gone about their business in the background in difficult circumstances when it would have been so easy to walk away when certain individuals were quick to run to the media and slate them.
Only one dictatorship in town and that is the current and hopefully to be ex chairman.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

This doesn’t sound like it’s going to end well, whatever the outcome, from what I’ve seen and heard.
Good Luck

This Year's Model
Junior B

Post by This Year's Model »

I agree with the Cannon, from what I myself have seen and heard ...

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

LooseCannon wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:31 pm This doesn’t sound like it’s going to end well, whatever the outcome, from what I’ve seen and heard.
Do elaborate

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

It ends well it Duignan gets in..it has to happen

anonymous123
Junior C

Post by anonymous123 »

The one word that keeps popping up on this thread is "change", so how about instead of slating people you lot change your attitudes. Regardless of tonight's outcome, support your county, your clubs, and most importantly the people in charge. Social media is either going to be full of positive comments or negative comments going by the opinion's that have been voiced over the last couple of months after tonight's vote. So scrap your negative comments now and just get behind your county.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

I’ve been trying to gauge the noise and I suspect If it was a straight ballot of all club members Michael Duignan would win.
How delegates vote is an entirely different matter.

To some extent the vote is a referendum on Tommy Byrne’s leadership. People who have worked with him on committees or dealt with him on administrative matters will judge him on that basis.
They’ll have a good insight into what the Chairman’s role involves and will have built up their own sense of how Michael Duignan would or wouldn’t fit the role.
One thing for sure, it’s a time consuming job – pick up a local paper any week and you’ll see the ceremonial part involves attendance at lot of events. There will also be a big learning curve when it comes to the rules and procedures. I was a club delegate years ago and the first few meetings felt like they were being conducted in a foreign language with endless mentions of rules, procedures, bye-laws, committees etc.

By what Brian Flynn has indicated I suspect that some people running matters in the county don’t appreciate the view that a high powered group need to be drafted in to show them what’s what.
Whoever wins, it is important that everyone gets behind them. We can do without a divided county.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

LooseCannon wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:31 pm This doesn’t sound like it’s going to end well, whatever the outcome, from what I’ve seen and heard.
Please elaborate on what you mean

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Hasselhoff wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 pm
Please elaborate on what you mean
BnM man refers to a part of it above. I won’t spoil it on you. Time will tell, 3 hours time maybe.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Michael Duignan is the chairman of the Offaly County Board.
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

The times, they are a changin.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

This is what I was referring to: “Mary Dunne has stepped down as Offaly PRO and John Moloney as cultural officer”

Niall Gleeson gone too. Flynn as expected has stood down too.
Last edited by LooseCannon on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Serious case of throwing the toys out of the pram.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

If they want to walk let them walk they will be easy replace with new people in.

Huge result for the future of Offaly change was needed!