Offaly Hurling 2020

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
DoingUntold
Senior
Club: St Rynaghs

Re: Offaly Hurling 2020

Post by DoingUntold »

Expecting a comfortable win today, no messing about and stamping our authority on the game early

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Big score for offaly, mayo way off this level so little to nothing learnt. Wicklow next where it will be a similar scoreline. Antrim had huge win over meath who offaly only beat by a point. Antrim game will be the big one when they meet.

DoingUntold
Senior
Club: St Rynaghs

Post by DoingUntold »

Need to bear in mind that Meath had two lads sent off in the game V Antrim today early enough so I wouldn't over analyse it

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Job done onwards to next week

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Good result for Offaly. Congrats to all. It's Down in Tullamore on Sunday.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

DoingUntold wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:01 pm Need to bear in mind that Meath had two lads sent off in the game V Antrim today early enough so I wouldn't over analyse it
Thanks for this.

Was occasionally watching the scores while working. Saw Antrim putting up a big score. It really caught my attention.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Antrims big win over Meath is a massive scoring difference advantage now for them, we only got over Meath by a couple of points...Meath had 2 sent off against Antrim I know, still I worry at how we struggled against Meath in second half and Antrim will carry a bit of weight scoring wise with them, we got 5-29 yesterday and no disrespect to Mayo hurlers thats the type of score we should be puttin up against teams like this, worryingly Laois and Carlow are hurling well but still being beate in the divsions above us so that tells you where Offaly are...Wicklow next game, another big score required, I somehow think they will be a tad better than Mayo...Antrim game as we all know is the big one...

Smallball-1
Junior C

Post by Smallball-1 »

Now that we have seen 99% of lads between the matches so far, would anyone like to share what they see as the best 15 that we have in there right now?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Grumbling in Kerry because Offaly v Antrim will be played after Kerry play their final game. But there is NO stipulation that each team play their final round of games simultaneously. (That would never work if there was an odd number of teams in a group.)

That, and Antrim presumably have accommodation and transport booked for their trip to Kerry next weekend. Deferring that trip would be costly, particularly on the back of a previously postponed trip to Tullamore.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:23 pm Grumbling in Kerry because Offaly v Antrim will be played after Kerry play their final game. But there is NO stipulation that each team play their final round of games simultaneously. (That would never work if there was an odd number of teams in a group.)

That, and Antrim presumably have accommodation and transport booked for their trip to Kerry next weekend. Deferring that trip would be costly, particularly on the back of a previously postponed trip to Tullamore.
Kerry host Antrim next weekend, while Offaly host Wicklow. The winners of the first mentioned game will probably reach the group final.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

SearingDrive wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:06 pm Good result for Offaly. Congrats to all. It's Down in Tullamore on Sunday.
Got football mixed up with the hurling!

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Best 15 from the players we have to pick from.

Dempsey
King
Connelley
O Toole/Greene
Murphy
Kiely
Watkins
Fox
P Gerathy
Cahill
Kinsella
kelly
Nally
Cleary
Dooley

Smallball-1
Junior C

Post by Smallball-1 »

greenairfield wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:35 am Best 15 from the players we have to pick from.

Dempsey
King
Connelley
O Toole/Greene
Murphy
Kiely
Watkins
Fox
P Gerathy
Cahill
Kinsella
kelly
Nally
Cleary
Dooley
Have to disagree , I’d have rigney in full back line instead of otoole/greene and dan doughan in half back line instead off Murphy ,both have had very good games last few matches so think they deserve it.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I can honestly say I dont go to enough games to put my hand on my heart and say "this" is the strongest 15 we have, I looked at the team listed just above and that would be close enough to what I would pick out, just wondering, has Cillian Kiely ever been tried in MF or half forward line in recent times??..before I am shot down, he has a bit presence and excellent ball winner and can score too and would be a massive work horse as he always puts in a decent shift, I know, who would you put in defence in his place I hear people ask, thats the question...is it not time now too to expose young Duignan and these O'Toole Greens etc...powerful underage but not getting to much team time yet, but I suppose the team is being picked on training so we cannot fault the starting team most weeks I suppose...

Liam2020
Senior
Club: Kinnity

Post by Liam2020 »

Dempsey
Cleary
Connelley
Rigney
D dougjan
Kiely
Watkins