Under 13 Final.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Toxicity234
All Star

Under 13 Final.

Post by Toxicity234 »

I haven't been to many games this year but made the 13 hurling final in the County Training Grounds.

Great crowd and well run. I only got to watch a bit of the Drumcullen/Seir Keiran vs Clara game and the a bit Kilcormac/Killoughey vs SBK.

I saw a good bit of Drumcullen/Seir Keiran vs Clara in the Sheild Final. Drumcullen/Seir Keiran won well in the end. a few stand out players from the Drumcullen/Seir Keiran, The two Hollywoods in the forwards and Hennessy at Wing back are outstanding young hurlers. I think it was Dylan Hollywood at wing forward is the most skilful hurler i've seen at the club at this age. Its easy been able to hit the ball but at 13 having the ability to fight for the ball, Win it, then step into space is a great sign. These 3 lads were the differance between the teams apart from them the teams were evenly matched. final score was 3-6 to 0-5.

The Kilcormac/Killoughey vs SBK games was a difference Level. Both teams were outstanding in different part of the game. Kilcormac/Killoughey let in some soft goals and SBK missed some easy frees. At this level your looking at the basic and both had the basic and so much more. The games look dead and buired after half time when SBK went 8 points up. But Kilcormac/Killoughey fought back to get a last min goal to get a draw.
At one point Kilcormac/Killoughey got back to one point and SBK scored two unbelievable points to go 3 in front again. Picking out the best players would be almost impossible. But the one that cauaght my eye was from SBK was the Full back, the Half back line and the two corner forwards and one of the subs no. 17(I think). for Kilcormac/Killoughey the half back line, One of the midfielder, The Centre forward (who took a nasty band to the Head and i was disappinted that the ref didn't have him check for concussion, Really Really should have been done.) Final Score was Kilcormac/Killoughey 2-17 SBK 5-8. man of match would have to be split between the SBK Full Back and The KK Centre Back.
They was some talk of extra time been played but a replay is the correct call.
“Common sense is not so common.”

frankthetank
All Star

Re: Under 13 Final.

Post by frankthetank »

Kilcormac / Killoughey keep churning out amazing underage teams. Huge pick obviously helps (Is it 5 primary schools?) but still.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:31 pm Kilcormac / Killoughey keep churning out amazing underage teams. Huge pick obviously helps (Is it 5 primary schools?) but still.
SCOIL MHUIRE AGUS CHORMAIC-Kilcormac

SCOIL NAOMH BHRÍDE-Ballyboy

SCOIL NAISIÚNTA CHIARÁIN NAOFA-Broughall

MOUNT BOLUS NS-Mount Bolus

SCOIL NAOMH SEOSAMH-Blue Ball

SCOIL NAOMH MHUIRE-Coolanarney

6 primary schools and CNC in Kilcormac, which I’d imagine take in a lot from the aforementioned schools. Fair dues to KK.
Senior A: semi final at a minimum
Senior B: survival
Junior A: Final
Junior B: Final
Their footballers got to an intermediate semi final. That’s fair going for any club.

They’re doing consistently well at underage in hurling, while not as consistent in football, are putting in massive effort that will more than come good. Cathal Donoghue with the 20s is one such player that has come through at underage.

Watch this space, that’s all I’ve to say.

Also, just on this, it’s fantastic to hear of underage games. Hopefully SBK will see BK come stronger in the next few years.

Source for the above info: https://www.education.ie/en/Find-a-Scho ... &gender=-1
Good Luck

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

KK going very well at most grades underage as well . Hurling is like a religion out there. Same lads in the field every night. They are setting the standard in most grades.

Some very good hurlers on that Drumcullen team with a lot of them underage again next year. In fairness to them ,they have put in massive effort into developing those teams and developing the basic skills and attitude. With the indoor hurling facility they have in Rath , that should bring them on further.

Im looking forward to that KK Vs Shinrone replay and fair play to the teams and the county board for having the sense to play a replay instead of extra time. Another day out for the young hurlers and extra time would have meant over 80 minutes of hurling for under 13s which is a long time. Hopefully it might be under lights in the Faithful fields which would draw a big crowd or wouldnt it be great for them to play ( depending on weather )before the county minor and senior hurling final on Sunday week.

Should be a good game the next day as well and well worth attending!