Meeting In Tullamore

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hasselhoff
All Star

Re: Meeting In Tullamore

Post by Hasselhoff »

Whats the feeling in the clubs at the moment. Will duignan get the vote. How many votes does he need to get elected.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Hasselhoff wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:56 pm Whats the feeling in the clubs at the moment. Will duignan get the vote. How many votes does he need to get elected.
Not being smart here, more than Tommy.
Will he get them? Personally, I don’t think he will.
Good Luck

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

I was thinking of actual numbers :roll:

I looked it up there. There is a total valid poll of 141 of which 14 is the top table, plus 1 each from refs admin, handball, primary and post primary so leaves 123 votes from clubs.
Thats if everyone turns up. So a poll of 71 to get elected.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Was counting up the clubs there. Got 42, but there’s only 41. It’s either Brosna Gaels or either St Rynagh’s club that should or shouldn’t be there. The 2 clubs are independent in Rynagh’s, aren’t they?
The 123 is evenly divisible by 41, so feel free to enlighten me folks.
Good Luck

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Rynaghs football and Rynaghs hurling are definitely two clubs, so I'm guessing Brosna Gaels are only a combination team, as opposed to a club that affiliates as a separate entity. By my reckoning it's:

Football Only

Tubber
Rynaghs (F)
Durrow
Ballycumber
Doon
Erin Rovers
Ferbane
Shannonbridge
Rhode
Edenderry
Cappincur
Ballycommon
Kilclonfert
Daingean
Walsh Island
Bracknagh
Clonbullogue
St. Brigid's
Clonmore Harps
Ballyfore
Raheen
Ballinagar

Hurling Only

Seir Kieran
Belmont
Rynaghs (H)
Shinrone
BSK-Kill
Ballinamere
Coolderry
Drumcullen
Carrig & Riverstown
Crinkill

Dual

Clara
Tullamore
Shamrocks
Birr
Kilcormac-Killoughey
Gracefield
Clodiagh Gaels
Kinnitty
Lusmagh

Of those, you can probably take it that Duignan will be off to a decent head start in that he'll have four "home" clubs in the two Rynaghs, Durrow and Ballinamere, while you'd have to imagine that if Colm Cummins, Dervill Dolan and Brian Gavin are part of the same "ticket", then he's got Clara and Edenderry in the bag too. Probably reasonable to assume that he'll carry the vast majority of the "hurling only" list there, though there would be three or four clubs in the list that I wouldn't predict with any great degree of confidence. On the other side of it, Tommy Byrne will carry his own club and probably the majority (if not all) of the bottom 12 clubs on the football only list above. That's a sizeable base too.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Rynaghs football and Rynaghs hurling have three votes each

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

To stand the lads have to be nominated first, by a club or clubs.

Have nominations opened and who exactly have been nominated ?

Speculating without knowing the candidates is hardly productive.

A "third" candidate for any of the positions could change the voting pattern.

But then candidates have been a scarce commodity in recent years.

All I hope for is that any candidate is prepared to put in 30 - 40 hours per week including almost every week-end.

There wont be time for TV and Radio work !!!!!

I don't know any of the current officers or the people named here as candidates and only hope whoever gets the jobs gives it 100%...………….

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

Lone Shark wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:45 am Rynaghs football and Rynaghs hurling are definitely two clubs, so I'm guessing Brosna Gaels are only a combination team, as opposed to a club that affiliates as a separate entity. By my reckoning it's:

Football Only

Tubber
Rynaghs (F)
Durrow
Ballycumber
Doon
Erin Rovers
Ferbane
Shannonbridge
Rhode
Edenderry
Cappincur
Ballycommon
Kilclonfert
Daingean
Walsh Island
Bracknagh
Clonbullogue
St. Brigid's
Clonmore Harps
Ballyfore
Raheen
Ballinagar

Hurling Only

Seir Kieran
Belmont
Rynaghs (H)
Shinrone
BSK-Kill
Ballinamere
Coolderry
Drumcullen
Carrig & Riverstown
Crinkill

Dual

Clara
Tullamore
Shamrocks
Birr
Kilcormac-Killoughey
Gracefield
Clodiagh Gaels
Kinnitty
Lusmagh

Of those, you can probably take it that Duignan will be off to a decent head start in that he'll have four "home" clubs in the two Rynaghs, Durrow and Ballinamere, while you'd have to imagine that if Colm Cummins, Dervill Dolan and Brian Gavin are part of the same "ticket", then he's got Clara and Edenderry in the bag too. Probably reasonable to assume that he'll carry the vast majority of the "hurling only" list there, though there would be three or four clubs in the list that I wouldn't predict with any great degree of confidence. On the other side of it, Tommy Byrne will carry his own club and probably the majority (if not all) of the bottom 12 clubs on the football only list above. That's a sizeable base too.
Would shamrocks(rahan and mucklagh) and clodiagh gaels ( killiegh killuirn) not be the same as st rynaghs(cloghan banagher) if that's the case?. how does st rynaghs get two chances to vote if there under the one banner

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

hamstrings wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:42 pm Would shamrocks(rahan and mucklagh) and clodiagh gaels ( killiegh killuirn) not be the same as st rynaghs(cloghan banagher) if that's the case?. how does st rynaghs get two chances to vote if there under the one banner
They're not under the same banner though - they're effectively the same as Ferbane and Belmont, or Ballinamere and Durrow. Two clubs, different colours, different home venues, and crucially, different committees and paying separate affiliation fees. The name is the same and they choose from the same parish, but they're completely different otherwise.

Killeigh and Killurin would have had two sets of votes when they were separate clubs, but that all goes when you amalgamate into one entity.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.