Offaly V Westmeath -predict the result/score

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Fairplayalways
All Star

Offaly V Westmeath -predict the result/score

Post by Fairplayalways »

just to see how people are thinking on this game..Ime going for Offaly to win. Offaly 3-18 Westmeath 2-15

chimbonda
County player

Re: Offaly V Westmeath -predict the result/score

Post by chimbonda »

Westmeath 2-20 Offaly 4-14

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Fairplayalways on what grounds do you put Offaly ahead of Westmeath by 6 points.

I cant see us winning this not one bit.
Westmeath 3-18
Offaly 1-19

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Offaly 3-20
Westmeath 2-22
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

greenairfield wrote:Fairplayalways on what grounds do you put Offaly ahead of Westmeath by 6 points.

I cant see us winning this not one bit.
Westmeath 3-18
Offaly 1-19
On what grounds do you put Westmeath ahead of Offaly by 5 points.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Have to agree with greenairfield on this one.

Westmeath are coming in on the back of a league title.
Confidence will be high. They are a decent side, they’re at home. They’ve a chance to knock out Offaly. They’re deserving favourites.

We have no form, defeat after defeat. Conceding too much.
Westmeath to win easily.

Please prove me wrong!

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

All of the above would be correct from allstar

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

What does it say about us that Laois that we scored 3-21 against them and lost by 4 points? It’s only takes a few defensive tweaks to shore the whole thing up. This week I think we will be tighter but can’t see Oisín Kelly being in the same form as last week and Joe Bergin will find it tough on big Tommy Doyle. Sean Dolan and Conor Mahon will be key to this game. Both must chip in with scores as will Dooley and Colin Egan.
I’m going to be optimistic and say Offaly 2-20 Westmeath 1-18

GAHMAD
County player
Club: Over 50's club

Post by GAHMAD »

Good luck to the lads on Sunday.

Given the bounce that Laois have had with Eddie Brennan coming in and also the fact that Carlow put up such a good show against Galway in Pearse Stadium, surely there should not be such a downbeat mood going into the Westmeath game. We should have put Carlow down and were close to beating Laois.

Yes the pressure is on us alright, but Westmeath are coming in cold, and will be under pressure to win here with a trip to either Laois or Antrim (or both?).

Shane Dooley needs to produce, but the key area is our defence, 4-22 is a shocking amount of scores. This would indicate that our forwards are not working hard enough when we don't have the ball and not tracking runners as much as the backs needing to tighten up.

Crucial game.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

If we can get the ball into Kelly/Mahon/Bergin there should be goals for the getting. Kelly in particular was electric last weekend. We were lost in midfield last week and the defense will need to tighten up big time. I’ll go Offaly 3-17 Westmeath 4-12

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

With shortt at full back and the backs line looking bigger. I think we win this.
Egan in midfield would like to see him in the half back line. Not sure about our half back line but still think we out score westmeath. Hopefully.
Through they might have just went for size and put Kiely into the half back line. Camon is nice hurler but nice hurler don't do well at centre back.
It's do or die.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Westmeath did win promotion be it from Division 2A, where we are replacing them next season, we played in 1B against stronger opposition, which yes, we were not able to match and hence got relegated, but I did think our decent showing last week against Laois, would trigger a bit of moral and team play to get us over Westmeath, not by 10/15 points, I think I went for 6 point win..Westmeath obviously had their team ready and well oiled and fair play to them, while they appear to have been excellent, Offaly do appear to have been very very poor, hence the 13 point win, going by Offaly last week against Laois, and how Westmeath played today, probably a 5-6 point Westmeah win would have been a more "expected" result...however, it is how it...I dont know, we can blame county board, and maybe Kevin Martin, but at the end of the day, the county board of Kevin Martin cannot play the game for the team, I wonder is there something else going on inside the team, that maybe KM is afraid to sort out in case he looses the not only the players who might be acting the magot off the field, (rumours have gone around about one or two before) but maybe looses a few more as a result of the fall out, and if he looses 4/5 players, KM will be blamed, so he cant win either way...we are in an awful place, and I think Faithful Fields and what have ya are not going to fix this...I just think there has to be something else a miss, if anyone has any inklings, lets hear them as we on the seabed as it is...