Page 1 of 1

Football Leagues 2019

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:02 am
by Geansai Gorm
Division 1 Football League - One Group of 8, Top 2 teams to the final, Bottom team relegated for 2020.
1. Rhode
2. Ferbane
3. Cappincur
4. Clara
5. Edenderry
6. Gracefield
7. Tullamore
8. Shamrocks

Division 2 Football League - One Group of 8, Top 2 teams to the final, Bottom team relegated for 2020.
1. Durrow
2. Ballycommon
3. Ballycumber
4. Erin Rovers
5. Raheen
6. Tubber
7. Walsh Island
8. Bracknagh

Division 3 Football League - Two groups of 5,Semi finals : Winners of group 1 play runners up in group 2 and 2nd place group 1 play winners of group 2. Bottom team in each group play relegation final.

1. Clonbullogue
2. Clodiagh Gaels
3. Daingean
4. Edenderry
5. Ferbane
6. St. Rynaghs Football
7. Tullamore
8. Rhode
9. Shannonbridge
10. St. Bridgids

Division 4 Football League - One group of 6, Top 2 teams to Final.
1. Ballinagar
2. Clara
3. Doon
4. Kilclonfert
5. Shamrocks
6. Erin Rovers

Division 5 Football League - Two groups of 4 teams, Top team of each group play final.
1. Ballycommon
2. Ballycumber
3. Bracknagh
4. Daingean
5. Gracefield
6. Raheen
7. Tubber
8. Ballyfore

Re: Football Leagues 2019

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:17 am
by DoreenHampton
1. Clonbullogue
2. Clodiagh Gaels
3. Gracefield
4. Tullamore
5. Shamrocks
6. Erin Rovers
7. Raheen
8. Tubber

Re: Football Leagues 2019

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:46 pm
by ryot
The Divisons of 8 teams, 2 groups of 4:::::::::Does that mean that club footballers get a guaranteed total of 3 games for the year ?

In other sports lads get 18-20 League games (in soccer or rugby)so we want them to play GAA for 3 League (and is it 3 championship) games.

Little surprise then that more and more are opting the other sports.................

Anything less than 20 games for club footballers is crazy. and what aboutery is just that..

Re: Football Leagues 2019

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:09 pm
by Plain of the Herbs
I believe there is a directive that club players in a single code county should get at least 16 games per annum, with club players in a dual code county (such as Offaly) getting 12 games in each code.

Therefore, in football this year there will be seven league games, with five championship games (four group games, plus a knockout game or a relegation play-off.

In hurling this year, there will be five league games, seven group games in the championship, followed by a knockout game.
ryot wrote:The Divisons of 8 teams, 2 groups of 4:::::::::Does that mean that club footballers get a guaranteed total of 3 games for the year ?

In other sports lads get 18-20 League games (in soccer or rugby)so we want them to play GAA for 3 League (and is it 3 championship) games.

Little surprise then that more and more are opting the other sports.................

Anything less than 20 games for club footballers is crazy. and what aboutery is just that..

Re: Football Leagues 2019

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:10 pm
by frankthetank
Plain of the Herbs wrote:I believe there is a directive that club players in a single code county should get at least 16 games per annum, with club players in a dual code county (such as Offaly) getting 12 games in each code.

Therefore, in football this year there will be seven league games, with five championship games (four group games, plus a knockout game or a relegation play-off.

In hurling this year, there will be five league games, seven group games in the championship, followed by a knockout game.
ryot wrote:The Divisons of 8 teams, 2 groups of 4:::::::::Does that mean that club footballers get a guaranteed total of 3 games for the year ?

In other sports lads get 18-20 League games (in soccer or rugby)so we want them to play GAA for 3 League (and is it 3 championship) games.

Little surprise then that more and more are opting the other sports.................

Anything less than 20 games for club footballers is crazy. and what aboutery is just that..
If that is the case for the hurling league (I'm just talking Division 1 here) that means you won't play the teams in your group a la the Senior Football championship. It will be done on a criss-cross basis. However if you just played the 4 other teams in your group (there's 5 teams in the 2 Division 1 groups) and your 8 championship games that still leaves you with the 12 games.

Also is the hurling league slated to start on the weekend of March 8th to 10th?

Re: Football Leagues 2019

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:19 pm
by LooseCannon
DoreenHampton wrote:1. Clonbullogue
2. Clodiagh Gaels
3. Gracefield
4. Tullamore
5. Shamrocks
6. Erin Rovers
7. Raheen
8. Tubber
Division 6??

Re: Football Leagues 2019

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am
by NewEra
Nice of the county board to arrange league fixtures on a week day at 7pm for two weeks in succession.

Not everybody lives or works within the confines of the county.