NFL Division 3 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Re: NFL Division 3 2019

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:With a tiny bit of luck we would be sitting comfortable at the top...Is promotion still achievable?
Jaysus, I’d take survival. Beat Sligo, and pick up a point or two from the Leix and Down games.
5 points will be enough to survive mereckons.
Good Luck

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Yeah Eoin Carroll was substituted. He was wearing no 8. Great win by the lads, finished strong..

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Great result. If every a team needed a break it was this one.

Down away looks one of the more difficult assignments.
With a bit of luck Sligo will already be relegated by the time we face them in round 7.

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

This year has been so unlucky we could of easily been topping the table but we still have hope providing results go our way:
R5
Carlow v louth- carlow win
Down v offaly- this will show what their made of
Laois v longfart- draw
Sligo v westmeath- Sligo( pulled off stranger results)
R6:
Longford v sligo- Sligo
Louth v westmeath-westmeath
Offaly v laois - Kingston has to be stopped
Carlow v down- Down
R7:
Down v louth-DOWN
Laois v carlow-either depending
Westmeath v longford- Longford
Sligo v offaly- celebrating promotion, Gatorade being thrown over Maughan during after match interview

That would leave the table:
Down 10
Offaly 9
Longford 8
Westmeath 7
Laois 7
carlow 5
Sligo 4

Can't see it happening but we can hope a miracle happens

suckindiesel
Senior

Post by suckindiesel »

as I expected OY beat Carlow who are becoming exposed as limited and very one dimensional. offaly will beat Sligo and those will be the only other points ye will get.
will 5 points be enough for survival?
...I guess the Louth Carlow game will be crucial in the relegation picture, if Carlow fail to win that, then they will drop and OY survive.

I think laois messed up in the game against Louth, the bus arriving late etc, and I do believe we will win our last three games, I fear 10 points may be insufficient for promotion, unless the likes of the Westmeath/Longford or Westmeath/Louth games ends up a draw.

I think the final table will see Down on 12 or 13 points, Westmeath 10 or 11 points, Louth and Laois on 10 and Longford on 7.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

suckindiesel..are you guys not in division 4 the last time we met we put ye down there :lol:

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

I give us a good chance v Leix. McConway on Kingston. Eoin Rigney on Evan O’Carroll. Stop those two and we’d be looking good for the win. Can we do it? Of course we can. Will we do it? Sin scéal eile. Easier said than done, mind you.
Good Luck

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Nigel Dunne has left football panel for 2019. Apparent differences between himself and Maugham.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Good Luck

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

private joker wrote:Nigel Dunne has left football panel for 2019. Apparent differences between himself and Maugham.
Fantastic. Maughan has previous for this sort of thing in Mayo. It unravelling at the seams.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

pigeon house biffo wrote:
private joker wrote:Nigel Dunne has left football panel for 2019. Apparent differences between himself and Maugham.
Fantastic. Maughan has previous for this sort of thing in Mayo. It unravelling at the seams.
Roscommon was his main screw up, so I’m led to believe.
It’ll be interesting to see if there’ll be any additions to the panel. By all accounts, it’s closed since before Christmas,, except maybe for Dunican returning. They currently have about 30, and are now potentially faced with the possibility of not being able to play 15 on 15 in training.

I’ll reserve judgment as of yet, after all, it may not have been Maughan’s fault, despite his previous history with this sort of thing.
Good Luck

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

A team gets a win and ye guys on here just love to bring the negativity and spread it.

Through out my hurling career various players on teams myself included have fell out with managers...but at the end of the day 9/10 it's the player who is making the mistake leaving. You are the one losing out all he should of done is shut his mouth work hard and an opening would appear For him to force his way back in the team.. its very easy to blame a manager!

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

wouldn't be totally upto speed with who is right and wrong, Nigel Dunne a massive loss from panel, I agree, maybe he should have just kept the head down, I think he would have got back into the team sooner rather than later, and better coming in late and proving that maybe he should have been in a bit earlier, but that's another story. Everyone is saying the panel was closed, yet it was opened for Niall McNamee..brilliant and gifted footballer worth his weight double on the panel, BUT you cannot have one rule for one player not being allowed back on and another for a player wanting to come back in..I know there is a lot of other issues going on regarding some players not being brought back on, BUT if a rule is made it must be applied fairly...either all or none...pity Dunne left, I think this is his second departing, I really think he made a mistake this time, but look it is how it is...

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Fairplayalways wrote:wouldn't be totally upto speed with who is right and wrong, Nigel Dunne a massive loss from panel, I agree, maybe he should have just kept the head down, I think he would have got back into the team sooner rather than later, and better coming in late and proving that maybe he should have been in a bit earlier, but that's another story. Everyone is saying the panel was closed, yet it was opened for Niall McNamee..brilliant and gifted footballer worth his weight double on the panel, BUT you cannot have one rule for one player not being allowed back on and another for a player wanting to come back in..I know there is a lot of other issues going on regarding some players not being brought back on, BUT if a rule is made it must be applied fairly...either all or none...pity Dunne left, I think this is his second departing, I really think he made a mistake this time, but look it is how it is...
I’m not on either side of this, but just playing devils advocate here. I think that McNamee was asked before Christmas and agreed to return, but was recovering from an injury, so he didn’t join up til after Christmas. As I said, I’m on neither side of this, and I don’t know the full facts, but I think that I heard Maughan say it in one of his interviews.
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

So Nigel Dunne walked off the panel? The same Nigel Dunne who walked out of a championship dressing room at Half - Time last year?

Just sayin'!!