Senior B Hurling 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Senior B County Champions 2019

Clareen
72%
Tullamore
11%
Shamrocks
11%
KK
No votes
Lusmagh
6%
Carrig
No votes
Drumcullen
No votes
Clodiagh Gaels
No votes

Total votes: 18

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Senior B Hurling 2019

Post by greenairfield »

The gulf in class really showed today.

After 3 minutes you knew there was only going to be one winner. Cliodagh Gaels are well off senior A standard, well done to Clareen they can only beat what is in front of them.

suckindiesel
Senior

Post by suckindiesel »

a routine win for clareen. the gaels have had a good year and can build upon it and I dare say that Kinnity in 2020 will not be as daunting in Sen B as Clareen were in 2019, and that may open up this championship.

my first time in Birr in 2019....I don't mind Birr, but I do think it is completely laughable that adult county finals are played at such a facility when a top class one in Tullamore is available. All Laois Adult finals are played in O Moore Park and there is no whinging from clubs at the outer extremes of the county.
Anyone who thinks Birr should supplant Tullamore for the premier club hurling games in Offaly needs their head examined.

Can I ask, what percentage of the gate do Birr receive for hosting games?...I would guess 10-20%....if they were so keen to host, would they accept 2%?.

In this day and age, spectators should not have to put up with the stench from the loos "perfuming" the stadium. You don't get that at Tullamore or Portlaoise!...Birr wins on that count.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Sukcingdiesel Birr toilets are perfect no better or worse than any other stadium.

The gate is 10% but I do know Birr have offered not to take the gate for matches so what you are trying to get at is pointless.

Tullamore would not hold 4 matches over a weekend in mid October you have to be fair to the players.

The argument will still go on but you must remember people from south of the county want hurling in St.Brendans Park.

No point going around in circles just accept it.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Best of luck to Seir Kieran today in Trim. They could win Leinster yet!
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Tullaroan will win Leinster.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

They may well do, but Clareen v Tullaroan would be the dream final. Beware Naas who could well have a say too.
frankthetank wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:47 pm Tullaroan will win Leinster.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

oneshot
County player

Post by oneshot »

frankthetank wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:47 pm Tullaroan will win Leinster.

i think Joe Bergin and co will have something to say about that .

summerindublin
All Star
Club: New York

Post by summerindublin »

Tullaroan v Naas, Bray Emmets v Clareen, on paper its looks like a Tullaroan v Clareen final, but don't underestimate Naas, they have a lot of inter county players, a young team, will not fear Tullaroan even in Nolan Park,

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Bray emmets are very good. They play league in Dublin.
Hammered the Dublin champions. Wicklow teams tend to be very good at this level. Don't rule out a Emmets victory here. Especially on a heavy pitch. Naas are also an up and coming team. Totally dominate in kildare think they won all grades from minor, junior and senior this year. Play in Kk leagues.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Best of luck to Seir Kieran at the weekend.
Good Luck

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Clareen have a great chance to reach a Leinster final, but they will have to be on top of their game to do so.
In recent years in this competition, the Wicklow champions’ record has been:

Last year, Glenealy ran Portlaoise to three points (1-10 to 0-16).
In 2017, Glenealy beat the Wexford Intermediate winners (this year’s Senior finalists St Anne’s) 1-14 to 2-8 in the semi-final and lost the Final to a good Ballyragget team by a point (1-15 to 0-19).
In 2017, Bray Emmets beat Castletown (the Laois one) 1-15 to 1-12 and lost the semi-final to Celbridge 0-13 to 0-15.
In 2016 Bray Emmets (again) lost to a superb Bennettsbridge team 1-6 to 0-18, s no shame in that.
In 2015, Bray Emmets lost the first round to Ballinakill 0-15 to 0-18.

So Bray Emmets are no strangers to Leinster competition. Joseph Bergin will be a marked man, so there will be an onus on the other forwards to do well. Still, given their age profile and physical strength, Clareen should be well able to compete.

As a venue, Aughrim has a bad name, and it shouldn’t. A neat venue, nestled among the Wicklow hills, nice stand with room for everyone on Saturday, there’ll be enough parking in the ground. The only drawback will be the 5 hour round trip for the people of Clareen.

Here’s hoping Offaly’s Stripy men can reach the final against either Tullaroan (who I believe are the second smallest parish in Ossory Diocese (after Clareen themselves)) or one of Leinster’s largest conurbations in Naas.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

suckindiesel
Senior

Post by suckindiesel »

good luck to Seir Kieran, I think they can manage to defeat Bray as they may have too much craft. Alas reaching the final may be their limit.

I attended an excellent Kilkenny Intermediate final, a game vastly superior to the senior final which followed that day, and again watched Tullaroan hammer Rosenallis 6 days later in Portlaoise.

In my view, Tullaroan will easily hammer Naas tomorrow, then take the measure of Clareen in the Leinster final and then comfortably win the all Ireland, they have 3 outstanding Walshs on the team and are a cut above this grade in all honesty.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Clareen won 1 13 to 13. Very close game.

Hasselhoff
All Star

Post by Hasselhoff »

Was anyone at this?

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Joe Bergin got player of the year. No complaints with this I'd say.