Senior A Hurling 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Senior A County Champions 2019

St. Rynaghs
29%
Coolderry
13%
KK
13%
Kinnitty
No votes
Belmont
13%
Ballinamere/Durrow
3%
Shinrone
No votes
Birr
29%

Total votes: 31

LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Senior A Hurling 2019

Post by LooseCannon »

I see that Birr had a ten point win over Shinrone last night. Anyone in attendance? Full strength teams?
Good Luck

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

Wasn't in attendance but both teams missing a number of regulars from what I heard.
KK also beat Belmont by 7 points.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Kinnitty beat Coolderry 1-15 to 1-14 with a last second goal.

Coolderry were missing at least, David King, Trevor Corcoran, Eoghan Parlon, Kevin Connolly and Barry Teehan. Joe Brady started full forward and was sent off after about 13 minutes for a wild pull at Aodan Kealey's head.

Kinnitty were missing at least Shane Kinsella, Paddy Rigney, Eoghan Callaghan, Aaron Flaherty, Liam Bergin and JAmes Dempsey.

Coolderry will surely be worried about their scoring in the game. Out of the 1-14 Brian Carroll scored 0-13 (0-10 from frees), no Coolderry forward scored from play in the second half and no Coolderry forward outside of Carroll scored a point in the entire game.

Kinnitty on the other hand will be very worried that it took a lucky last second goal to beat a team who had 14 men for at least 45 minutes.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Last edited by frankthetank on Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robyn
Junior C

Post by Robyn »

frankthetank wrote:Arien Delaney is gone from the Shinrone job. Not sure if he jumped or was pushed but he did seem to be the embodiment of the "outsider" coach who did not give two flying fcuks if he could benefit Offaly and was in it solely for his own personal gain.

Somebody from Tipperary has replaced him. Didn't get the name.
Not Sure where you are getting your information here but totally inaccurate. Like a lot of stuff being said on this and other forums regarding Shinrone
and Arien Delaney. Nothing short of defamation and a bullying mentality. I would have more respect if posters did not hide behind usernames.
Let hurling be done on the pitch. Let players enjoy their game, remember they're all playing club and county for the love of the game so why should a player or coach for that matter have to see crap like this every week. Stop spreading lies. Just because you may have heard something does not make it
true.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

frankthetank wrote:Arien Delaney is gone from the Shinrone job. Not sure if he jumped or was pushed but he did seem to be the embodiment of the "outsider" coach who did not give two flying fcuks if he could benefit Offaly and was in it solely for his own personal gain.

Somebody from Tipperary has replaced him. Didn't get the name.
Right I had to pick up on the above post - I considered deleting it, but I'm aware that this rumour is doing the rounds, so I felt it was best to leave it up, and to have a reply here confirming that it is all untrue.

As most of ye know, I work for a local paper so I did what reporters do - contact was made with the Shinrone executive, and I was told that Arien Delaney is still the club's manager, that they are very happy to have him in the role. There is no substance whatsoever to this story.

There have been a lot of posts regarding the Shinrone club this year and many of them have been plainly incorrect. This is as good a time as any to remind posters that you are individually responsible for what you put up here - this doesn't work like a newspaper, where the publication is legally liable for any defamation or slander. This is a public forum, and you are responsible for what you post. Shinrone GAA club are aware of the posts here and while I have no idea if they are considering anything in this regard, they would be entitled to pursue it if they wish, as would Arien Delaney.

We encourage discussion, we encourage debate, sport is about opinions and you are welcome to share yours. But if you present something as fact, make sure it is fact.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

As I’ve been willing to delete my post I would appreciate it if both the posters who quoted it would do the same.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

If you put up false information, without checking if true or false you don't need to be willing. You need to be apologetic.

GAHMAD
County player
Club: Over 50's club

Post by GAHMAD »

Pretty pathetic stuff lads! An apology would be due Frank

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

Looking forward to championship recommencing this weekend. My predictions are:

Shinrone v Coolderry
Coolderry to win by 5 points - Coolderry 1-19 Shinrone 1-14

Kinnity v K/K
K/K to win by 7 points - K/K 1-20 Kinnity 0-16

Birr v Ballinamere
Birr to win by 6 points - Birr 3-17 Ballinamere 2-14

St Rynaghs v Belmont
St Rynaghs to win by 2 points - St Rynaghs 2-18 Belmont 2-16

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

Ime going as follows: Coolderry by 8 -Coolderry 2-20 Shinrone 1-15, K/K by 8 -Kilcormac/K 2-16 Kinnity 0-14, Birr by 11 - Birr 4-17 Ballinamere 2-12, Belmont by 2 IF they haven't lost scoring form from this "break" in our c'ship -St. Rynanghs 1-16 Belmont 1-18..some good games in there potentially, hard to know though how teams are after break..

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Shinrone v Coolderry
Coolderry to win by 6 points - Coolderry 2-17 Shinrone 1-14

Kinnity v K/K
K/K to win by 5 points - K/K 2-18 Kinnity 0-19

Birr v Ballinamere
Birr to win by 8 points - Birr 3-18 Ballinamere 2-13

St Rynaghs v Belmont
St Rynaghs to win by 5 points - St Rynaghs 1-20 Belmont 0-18 Belmont are without Oisín Kelly, who’s playing over in San Francisco with the Tipp club for the summer.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

*****Weekend Ticket*****
Good Luck

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

LooseCannon wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 am Shinrone v Coolderry

Kinnity v K/K

Birr v Ballinamere

St Rynaghs v Belmont
St Rynaghs to win by 5 points - St Rynaghs 1-20 Belmont 0-18 Belmont are without Oisín Kelly, who’s playing over in San Francisco with the Tipp club for the summer.
Rynaghs seemingly down 5 or 6 since last game, injuries and lads away so seems the 5pts lookin like other way around.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

shannonbanks14 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:16 pm
LooseCannon wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 am Shinrone v Coolderry

Kinnity v K/K

Birr v Ballinamere

St Rynaghs v Belmont
Rynaghs seemingly down 5 or 6 since last game, injuries and lads away so seems the 5pts lookin like other way around.
Colin Egan is out as well though, isn’t he?
I just presumed that that was a given, after injuring himself for Offaly. It should be tight enough, tighter than the 5 points that I predicted initially. Will probably be scrappy and low on quality, being a derby game, so to speak.
Good Luck