Senior A Hurling 2019

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Senior A County Champions 2019

St. Rynaghs
29%
Coolderry
13%
KK
13%
Kinnitty
No votes
Belmont
13%
Ballinamere/Durrow
3%
Shinrone
No votes
Birr
29%

Total votes: 31

Tar Man
Junior A

Re: Senior A Hurling 2019

Post by Tar Man »

Plain of the Herbs wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:31 pm Tight margins. Had Belmont beaten Birr by 3 points or more (and Belmont did lead by 3 late in the game) then they would have qualified for the semi-final at Kilcormac's expense.
Didn't the head to head apply? As KK had beaten Belmont earlier in the group then Belmont needed to better their result. With KK winning then Belmont had nothing to play for.

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

When 3 teams are tied, scoring difference is used and head to head results do not apply.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

head to head might have come into it if they finished level on points, as it ended, Belmont (and Shinrone finished on 10 points) one behind Kilcormac and Rynaghs, scoring differnce I think then would be looked at first, and then head to head results...as it ended up it didnt come down to it..I think!!

Tar Man
Junior A

Post by Tar Man »

chimbonda wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:34 pm When 3 teams are tied, scoring difference is used and head to head results do not apply.
Correct - I had forgotten about Rynagh's losing and staying on 11 points

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I see fixtures are out for the quarter finals and relegation. All roads to OCP.

For me it looks like Belmont will strong favorites come through, shinrone should slightly be favorites against birr but i think it is a 50/50. To come back and win against Rynaghs might stand to Shinrone. Ballinamere to come through the relegation.

Saturday 21st Sep 2019
Shinrone(---)v(---)Birr
Senior A Hurling Championship 1/4 Final
Bord Na Mona O Connor Park, 5:00 PM
Referee: Kieran Dooley

Sunday 22nd Sep 2019
Belmont GAA(---)v(---)Coolderry GAA
Senior A Hurling Championship 1/4 Final
Birr 4:15 PM
Referee: Adam Kinahan

Kinnitty(---)v(---)Ballinamere
Senior A Hurling Championship Relegration Final
Bord Na Mona O Connor Park, 5:00 PM
Referee: TBC

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I think you might have the times abit out for the Sunday games, Belmont/Coolderry at 4.15 and relegation between Kinnitty and Ballinamere at 5pm all in O'Connor park??

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Belmont v Coolderry is in Birr.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

are the semi finals predetermined or are they drawn after the QFs?

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Nice little double header of Senior Football Quarter Finals in O'Connor Park this Sunday for any football supporters.

Pity the same can't be said about the senior hurling quarter finals. One in O'Connor Park on the Saturday and one in St Brendan's Park on the Sunday.

Bit of a disaster really that this is the case.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:06 pm Nice little double header of Senior Football Quarter Finals in O'Connor Park this Sunday for any football supporters.

Pity the same can't be said about the senior hurling quarter finals. One in O'Connor Park on the Saturday and one in St Brendan's Park on the Sunday.

Bit of a disaster really that this is the case.
Don’t forget the Junior B final. Fair play to Kinnitty for putting in a team. Pity that other hurling dominant clubs don’t. Most in Leix do, with the exception of Clough Ballacolla I think. Rarhdowney and Errill compete separately at football, as do Boris-in-Ossory and Kilcotton. Continuity of existence for the original clubs. Erill won the junior b there last month, with Paddy Purcell starring, as well as a couple of other Leix hurlers.

Rant over!
Good Luck

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

LooseCannon wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 pm get the Junior B final. Fair play to Kinnitty for putting in a team. Pity that other hurling dominant clubs don’t. Most in Leix do, with the exception of Clough Ballacolla I think. Rarhdowney and Errill compete separately at football, as do Boris-in-Ossory and Kilcotton. Continuity of existence for the original clubs. Erill won the junior b there last month, with Paddy Purcell starring, as well as a couple of other Leix hurlers.

Rant over!
The 2016 Junior B final between Lusmagh and Rhode was one of the most enjoyable games I can remember in the last 20 years. Lusmagh just said fuck it and had a go at them right from the start......there was no sweepers or handpassing that evening and it was a joy to behold!!

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

getting back to the Senior thread, pity both QFs should be on in the same place same day...Shinrone would love to play Birr in Birr Ide imagine..dragging two clubs from same general area to over to Tullamore...not rehashing the OCP debate again but all QF teams are from South Offaly..

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Shinrone would not hurl in Birr I have been told..we will just have to beat them in OCP so.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

I seen them hurl there this year and from I see of Shinrone they are hurling well enough to hurl anywhere, having said that, they would be guaranteed a good home support (which they will have anyway I suppose) and alot of neutral support if it was in Birr..Ime neither club but dont think I will head to Tullamore to see the game which should be a good game and will tell us exactly where Shinrone are at upto this juncture..

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Fairplayalways wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 am I seen them hurl there this year and from I see of Shinrone they are hurling well enough to hurl anywhere, having said that, they would be guaranteed a good home support (which they will have anyway I suppose) and alot of neutral support if it was in Birr..Ime neither club but dont think I will head to Tullamore to see the game which should be a good game and will tell us exactly where Shinrone are at upto this juncture..
I would have thought both q/ finals should be in Birr, it would be central for the 4 teams. The relegation match is fixed for OCP, as a double header with the Shinrone v Birr game. That might be the reasoning behind having the matches spread over 2 days. I still think Birr is the ideal venue for the quarter finals.