Walsh Cup 2019…ish

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by LooseCannon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Match on Sunday v Leix in Birr @2. ‘Twill be interesting. Won’t have full strength teams but it’ll be interesting nonetheless.
"The greatest one in a row in history."

jimbob17
All Star
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:40 am

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by jimbob17 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 pm

Would Offaly not be in Keogh / Kehoe cup seen as they are in Joe McDonagh cup. Think Walsh Cup is just for Liam McCarthy teams?
jimbob

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by LooseCannon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:49 pm

"The greatest one in a row in history."

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by LooseCannon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm

Kevin Martin and his management team have named the Offaly starting fifteen to play Laois in the Bord na Mona Series Walsh Cup commencing on Sunday 9th December. Game throws in at 2pm in St Brendan’s Park, Birr. The Offaly team lines out as follows:

1. Eoghan Cahill (Birr)
2. Thomas Spain (Brosna Gaels)
3. Ben Conneely (St Rynagh’s)
4. Paddy Rigney (Kinnitty)
5. Enda Grogan (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
6. Mark Egan (Belmont)
7. Craig Taylor (Birr)
8. David Nally (Belmont)
9. Shane Kinsella (Kinnitty)
10. Aidan Treacy (St Rynagh’s)
11. Sean Dolan (St Rynagh’s)
12. Padraic Guinan (Drumcullen)
13. Liam Langton (Clodiagh Gaels)
14. James Gorman (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
15. Kevin Dunne (Seir Kieran)

I doubt that Langton will play. I presume he played all of today’s game. Interesting line up.
Mark Egan returns to the county fold, as does Aidan Treacy. Was Seán Dolan involved before?
Debuts for Craig Taylor and David Nally.
Best of luck to them. Hopefully the start of long and fruitful inter-county careers.
"The greatest one in a row in history."

SearingDrive
All Star
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by SearingDrive » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 pm

LooseCannon wrote:Kevin Martin and his management team have named the Offaly starting fifteen to play Laois in the Bord na Mona Series Walsh Cup commencing on Sunday 9th December. Game throws in at 2pm in St Brendan’s Park, Birr. The Offaly team lines out as follows:

1. Eoghan Cahill (Birr)
2. Thomas Spain (Brosna Gaels)
3. Ben Conneely (St Rynagh’s)
4. Paddy Rigney (Kinnitty)
5. Enda Grogan (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
6. Mark Egan (Belmont)
7. Craig Taylor (Birr)
8. David Nally (Belmont)
9. Shane Kinsella (Kinnitty)
10. Aidan Treacy (St Rynagh’s)
11. Sean Dolan (St Rynagh’s)
12. Padraic Guinan (Drumcullen)
13. Liam Langton (Clodiagh Gaels)
14. James Gorman (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
15. Kevin Dunne (Seir Kieran)

I doubt that Langton will play. I presume he played all of today’s game. Interesting line up.
Mark Egan returns to the county fold, as does Aidan Treacy. Was Seán Dolan involved before?
Debuts for Craig Taylor and David Nally.
Best of luck to them. Hopefully the start of long and fruitful inter-county careers.
Liam Langton played for all of today's game including extra time. He suffered a knee injury in the first period of added time, just after Na Fianna struck home a goal, but resumed play after treatment.

private joker
All Star
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by private joker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:48 pm

2 16 to 1 16 . Laois win

SearingDrive
All Star
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by SearingDrive » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:06 pm

private joker wrote:2 16 to 1 16 . Laois win
Any report on game, how did Offaly play? Listening to Midlands 103, Offaly were a few points ahead in the closing stages, how did Laois pull off a win?

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by LooseCannon » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 am

Conor Clancy (St Rynagh’s)
Tom Spain (Brosna Gaels)
Ben Conneely (St Rynagh’s)
Darren Healy (Lusmagh)
Enda Grogan (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
Paddy Rigney (Kinnitty)
David O’Toole Greene (Shamrocks)
Craig Taylor (Birr)
Kevin Dunne (Seir Kieran)
Padraic Guinan (Drumcullen)
Sean Dolan (St Rynagh’s)
Shane Kinsella (Kinnitty)
Kevin Connolly (Coolderry)
Aidan Treacy (St Rynagh’s)
James Gorman (Kilcormac/Killoughey)

Interesting lineup. Minus Oisín Kelly, Langtons and David Nally anyway with u21 hurling final today (technically yesterday)
"The greatest one in a row in history."

private joker
All Star
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by private joker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:13 pm

27 to 18. Dublin victory. Offaly played well but Dublin are motoring well. Dublin will be a comming force in 2019. Serious mgt team in place. I'll tip them for Leinster final appearance this year.

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by greenairfield » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:44 pm

I feel really concerned about what we have in with the county at the minute...I think we are really going to struggle this year.
We lack quality!

I know it's early in the year but I worry for us this season.

Killeighman
All Star
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm
Club: Clodiagh Gaels

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by Killeighman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:06 am

It almost has a Senior B feel to the team. There are a few more senior players to come back in but you couldn’t help but feel somewhat apprehensive about what could happen if Offaly are not properly prepared.

DoingUntold
Intermediate
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 pm
Club: St Rynaghs

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by DoingUntold » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:11 am

Any word on players from last year who is not coming back in or has not been asked back in?

Killeighman
All Star
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm
Club: Clodiagh Gaels

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by Killeighman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:03 pm

DoingUntold wrote:Any word on players from last year who is not coming back in or has not been asked back in?
Not avoiding your question but look back at last years squad and who hasn’t been named in the last two matchday squads this month.

Missing
Sean Gardiner
Dermot Shortt
Pat Camon
David King
Conor Mahon
Cillian Kiely
Shane Dooley
Joe Bergin
Dan Currams
Conor Slevin
Tommy Geraghty
Jordan Quinn
Paddy Delaney
Peter Geraghty
Damien Egan
Dan Doughan
Ciaran Cleary
Ronan Hughes
Colm Gath
Conor Molloy
Brendan Murphy
Paddy Murphy

Added (So far)
Niall Houlihan
Darren Healy
Enda Grogan
Craig Taylor
Sean Dolan
Kevin Connolly
Aidan Treacy
Andy Flynn
Dylan Murray
Eoghan Callaghan
Mark Egan
Eoin Parlon
Stephen Burke
Cathal O’Brien
David Nally
Joey Keenaghan
Conor Langton

Kevin
All Star
Posts: 831
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by Kevin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Killeighman wrote:
DoingUntold wrote:Any word on players from last year who is not coming back in or has not been asked back in?
Not avoiding your question but look back at last years squad and who hasn’t been named in the last two matchday squads this month.

Missing
Sean Gardiner
Dermot Shortt
Pat Camon
David King
Conor Mahon
Cillian Kiely
Shane Dooley
Joe Bergin
Dan Currams
Conor Slevin
Tommy Geraghty
Jordan Quinn
Paddy Delaney
Peter Geraghty
Damien Egan
Dan Doughan
Ciaran Cleary
Ronan Hughes
Colm Gath
Conor Molloy
Brendan Murphy
Paddy Murphy

Added (So far)
Niall Houlihan
Darren Healy
Enda Grogan
Craig Taylor
Sean Dolan
Kevin Connolly
Aidan Treacy
Andy Flynn
Dylan Murray
Eoghan Callaghan
Mark Egan
Eoin Parlon
Stephen Burke
Cathal O’Brien
David Nally
Joey Keenaghan
Conor Langton
I think the above addresses the question in the best way possible at this juncture Killeighman. Thanks for that.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Killeighman
All Star
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:49 pm
Club: Clodiagh Gaels

Re: Walsh Cup 2019…ish

Post by Killeighman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Kevin wrote:
Killeighman wrote:
DoingUntold wrote:Any word on players from last year who is not coming back in or has not been asked back in?
Not avoiding your question but look back at last years squad and who hasn’t been named in the last two matchday squads this month.

Missing
Sean Gardiner
Dermot Shortt
Pat Camon
David King
Conor Mahon
Cillian Kiely
Shane Dooley
Joe Bergin
Dan Currams
Conor Slevin
Tommy Geraghty
Jordan Quinn
Paddy Delaney
Peter Geraghty
Damien Egan
Dan Doughan
Ciaran Cleary
Ronan Hughes
Colm Gath
Conor Molloy
Brendan Murphy
Paddy Murphy

Added (So far)
Niall Houlihan
Darren Healy
Enda Grogan
Craig Taylor
Sean Dolan
Kevin Connolly
Aidan Treacy
Andy Flynn
Dylan Murray
Eoghan Callaghan
Mark Egan
Eoin Parlon
Stephen Burke
Cathal O’Brien
David Nally
Joey Keenaghan
Conor Langton
I think the above addresses the question in the best way possible at this juncture Killeighman. Thanks for that.
I’m sure we’ll see half of the missing list back. From what I have been hearing Joe Bergin, Shane Dooley and Conor Mahon are back in but I suppose word can never be trusted until they are seen on the pitch.

Post Reply