Under Age Championship Structures

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hyper
All Star

Under Age Championship Structures

Post by Hyper »

Looking through the various under age championship/league results, one sees various types of colour coding, gold,green,white and black. Does anyone know what the difference between each are. Also how are the championships structured after completion of group stages. Looking inwards its like a minefield.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Re: Under Age Championship Structures

Post by greenairfield »

would have to agree with you on this one...I am not sure about the colour of each group and what it means , I know some of them there seems to be one weak group while the other two groups seem stronger.

Just a couple of notes on the underage...why is it taking so long to play out certain championships..I see some team played a group game about 6 weeks ago and haven't played since...I know you have leaving cert and certain thing to take into account but it seems very dragged out. Its now September and we are not near any quarter finals...its not like our county teams are doing well most have been out of the championship since June or early July.

Also one more note I see we played in the B all Ireland championship at under 14 last week in Waterford is there nay reason why we are not in the A seen as huge work is been done underage over the last few years..apparently!!!

Slugger
Junior C

Re: Under Age Championship Structures

Post by Slugger »

Even though U18 has gone to U17 and U16 to U15, there was still a big big break for exams despite the fact that very few U15 players would be doing Junior Cert (too young) and very few U17 players would be doing Leaving Cert.