Offaly Senior Football Manager

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Next Offaly Senior Football Manager?

Paschal Kellaghan
8%
Peter Brady
15%
Stephen Darby
15%
John Rouse
15%
Pat Flanagan
No votes
Declan Kelly
No votes
Tom Coffey
15%
Tom Cribbin
No votes
James Stewart
No votes
Emmet McDonnell
No votes
A.N. Other (specify below)
31%

Total votes: 13

LooseCannon
All Star

Offaly Senior Football Manager

Post by LooseCannon »

Well folks?
Good Luck

SearingDrive
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Football Manager

Post by SearingDrive »

LooseCannon wrote:Well folks?
Have any of the people listed expressed any interest in the Offaly post. There are 3 former managers on the list, excluding Paul Rouse who has ruled himself out last week. I would not take Pascal Kellaghan, too devenaive, football would be boring rubbish.
We will not get a high profile candidate, more likely a local, or an unknown outsider.
I do not see any standout name on the list, maybe Stephen Darby if interested, did himself and Alan McNamee, with John Rouse resign last week?

It is the Co. Board's call on the next manager, good luck to them. Hope they get one soon.

Geansai Gorm
Senior
Club: Ballycommon

Post by Geansai Gorm »

It's hard to see if any on those listed could 'inspire' any more that what has gone before.

The system they have to work in is the real problem!

Alloutbarthegoalie
Junior B
Club: Edenderry

Post by Alloutbarthegoalie »

One of these maybe, Peter Brady, Phil Reilly, Stephen Darby. If we went for an outsider Paul “ pillar” Caffrey could be worth a punt. Paul Rouse should be on the selection committee.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/sport ... s-job.html
A couple of left field candidates to say the least.
Good Luck

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

LooseCannon wrote:https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/sport ... s-job.html
Left of left indeed! I would choose Stephen Darby if it were my decision, and Stephen was interested.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Would be surprised if Kellaghan wasnt in the mix for this though his style of football is far from good on the eye. I wouldnt see much to look forward to if he was involved unless that changed.

Other potential contenders or people out there that might become involved would include likes of Jack Cooney from Kinnegad (though he would be known for negative style), Steven Darby, Phil Reilly, Pat Daly, John Rouse, Martin Murphy, Johnny Doyle or maybe even Benny O Brien who had good experience and success with St Brigids in Roscommon while a Clara contender could also fall into the mix while likes of a Roy Malone, Cathal Daly or Colm Quinn could also become involved. Another name thrown out as a contender is Declan Kelly but he would probably be better served staying on with u20s! I think it will be a man from inside the county either way. Lets hope they get it right and back the team up with strong backroom team!
jimbob

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

jimbob17 wrote:Would be surprised if Kellaghan wasnt in the mix for this though his style of football is far from good on the eye. I wouldnt see much to look forward to if he was involved unless that changed.

Other potential contenders or people out there that might become involved would include likes of Jack Cooney from Kinnegad (though he would be known for negative style), Steven Darby, Phil Reilly, Pat Daly, John Rouse, Martin Murphy, Johnny Doyle or maybe even Benny O Brien who had good experience and success with St Brigids in Roscommon while a Clara contender could also fall into the mix while likes of a Roy Malone, Cathal Daly or Colm Quinn could also become involved. Another name thrown out as a contender is Declan Kelly but he would probably be better served staying on with u20s! I think it will be a man from inside the county either way. Lets hope they get it right and back the team up with strong backroom team!
I agree about Pasacal's negative football. Can't see much progress with that option. Think it will be a local choice, Stephen Darby ideally if he is interested.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

LooseCannon wrote:https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/sport ... s-job.html
There is no suggestion that the names are candidates at all.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Fact some of the articles in that paper are like reading Joe.ie horrific.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

It is reported in today's Irish Independent that Pascal Kellaghan is favourite for Offaly SF manager.
I can't see much progress if that is the case.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Heard two local people (ex players) incl Paschal are in for the job. Not from fully reliable source so can take it with pinch of salt! Didnt hear of any outsiders!

Is there anyone else out there worth going after - inside or outside county?

Who are the local people that you would want involved in terms of selectors coaches etc?
jimbob

feirmeoir
Intermediate

Post by feirmeoir »

I heard Shane Curran, not from a reliable source though

Alloutbarthegoalie
Junior B
Club: Edenderry

Post by Alloutbarthegoalie »

feirmeoir wrote:I heard Shane Curran, not from a reliable source though
FFS,!!!

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

That would be some pantomime. Was he involved with a club managing or coaching in Offaly or Westmeath of late? Heard his name thrown around alright!
jimbob