Minor Hurlers 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kevin
All Star
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:00 pm
Location: New Jersey

Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by Kevin » Sun May 20, 2018 2:02 am

Congrats to the Minors on their win over Kildare today!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

offalylovely
Junior C
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by offalylovely » Sun May 20, 2018 10:23 pm

They are holding their own with 2 from 2 games won so far. Antrim next weekend.

private joker
All Star
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by private joker » Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Two big wins for the minors but sadly it's against vastly inferior oppostion, Meath and Kildare? They're avoiding the big three and more importantly what are they learning playing poor position?

offalylovely
Junior C
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by offalylovely » Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 am

They can only play what’s put in front of them and had many many practice matches against the best in Munster

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by greenairfield » Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Heard they are very poor this year

offalylovely
Junior C
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by offalylovely » Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 pm

greenairfield wrote:Heard they are very poor this year
Maybe make an effort to go and watch them and come to your own conclusion. They are far from "very poor".

User avatar
ditchhurler
Intermediate
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:40 am

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by ditchhurler » Thu May 24, 2018 3:07 pm

If I read correctly on the Leinster website, If they beat Antrim at the weekend they will have a home quarter final against the bottom team of the strong group. Which will presumably be Laois. Great chance to get to a semi final. Would be great for the county to even get to a Leinster final. Haven’t been in 1 since 03.

offalylovely
Junior C
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by offalylovely » Sun May 27, 2018 10:12 pm

ditchhurler wrote:If I read correctly on the Leinster website, If they beat Antrim at the weekend they will have a home quarter final against the bottom team of the strong group. Which will presumably be Laois. Great chance to get to a semi final. Would be great for the county to even get to a Leinster final. Haven’t been in 1 since 03.
Yes that's right - they won today and now face Laois at a home venue on June 16th in the Quarter Final - harsh sending off today for one of the forwards, terrible ref.

allstar2010
All Star
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by allstar2010 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:19 pm

greenairfield wrote:Heard they are very poor this year
Jesus that’s some statement!!

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by LooseCannon » Sun May 27, 2018 11:11 pm

allstar2010 wrote:
greenairfield wrote:Heard they are very poor this year
Jesus that’s some statement!!
Maybe it’s because there are more players from Shannonbridge on the panel than from Birr!
And Shannonbridge are a football club tight on numbers that don’t hurl! :lol: 8) :wink:
Attachments
DAF029B5-6EBD-4E99-8421-C671E58CBE97.jpeg
DAF029B5-6EBD-4E99-8421-C671E58CBE97.jpeg (705.04 KiB) Viewed 4526 times
"The greatest one in a row in history."

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by greenairfield » Thu May 31, 2018 1:07 am

Well they must hurl if they are in with the Offaly minors loose cannon...whether they are any good or not not that remains to be seen.

I think we have one starter on the minors and 4 on the Celtic League team thats not bad at all :lol:

offalylovely
Junior C
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by offalylovely » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:06 am

greenairfield wrote:Well they must hurl if they are in with the Offaly minors loose cannon...whether they are any good or not not that remains to be seen.

I think we have one starter on the minors and 4 on the Celtic League team thats not bad at all :lol:
Loose Cannon?

LooseCannon
All Star
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Club: Coppers

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by LooseCannon » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:13 am

offalylovely wrote:
greenairfield wrote:Well they must hurl if they are in with the Offaly minors loose cannon...whether they are any good or not not that remains to be seen.

I think we have one starter on the minors and 4 on the Celtic League team thats not bad at all :lol:
Loose Cannon?
A bit of slagging that’s all.
Is the airfield not in Crinkill territory? :lol: :wink:
"The greatest one in a row in history."

greenairfield
All Star
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Club: birr

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by greenairfield » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:34 am

Ah sure it's the one parish they wouldn't have a team only for us

offalylovely
Junior C
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: Minor Hurlers 2018

Post by offalylovely » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:31 pm

This is the Offaly team to face Laois on Saturday afternoon:

1 Stephen Loughnane (Shinrone)
2 Aaron Brazil (Shannonbridge)
3 Aaron Flanagan (Clodiagh Gaels)
4 Shane Mulrooney (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
5 Bill Egan (Shannonbridge)
6 Dara Maher (Shinrone)
7 Luke Egan (Tullamore)
8 Evan Houlihan (St Rynagh’s)
9 Luke Nolan (Birr)
10 Cathal Kiely (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
11 Cillian Sampson (Shinrone)
12 Cathal Donoghue (Kilcormac/Killoughey)
13 Ciaran Teehan (Coolderry)
14 DJ McLoughlin (Shinrone)
15 Andrew Walsh (Ballinamere)

Post Reply