Offaly Senior Footballers Championship Thread

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Offaly Senior Footballers Championship Thread

Post by LooseCannon »

Good Luck

Kevin
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Footballers Championship Thread

Post by Kevin »

Bad news, but thx for posting. If it does not get overturned - clearly he can't be in the sideline, but is he supposed to be able to train the team as normal?

Other than his ability to be on the sideline, is there anything else we need to know?
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

When you take over an intercounty team you'd imagine that all your focus would be solely on that job and that job only. So why is he on the sideline with an intermediate club team in Kerry? He mustn't be fully focused on the Offaly job? It's not a great example to be setting for a bunch of players whose discipline is very questionable at the best of times. Ah there's always something!

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

I have to give it to you bracknagh boy you are the most negative man on this thread but doesn't really surprise me given your name.

Maybe he was helping his own club team out on his day off from Offaly duty...and maybe he made a mistake so be it.

Bring your negativity somewhere else

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:I have to give it to you bracknagh boy you are the most negative man on this thread but doesn't really surprise me given your name.

Maybe he was helping his own club team out on his day off from Offaly duty...and maybe he made a mistake so be it.

Jaysus, what’s with the anti-Bracknagh agenda :wink:.
Good Luck

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

LooseCannon wrote:
greenairfield wrote:I have to give it to you bracknagh boy you are the most negative man on this thread but doesn't really surprise me given your name.

Jaysus, what’s with the anti-Bracknagh agenda :wink:.
I'd say that's the first time the phrase "anti-Bracknagh agenda" has been uttered anywhere outside Clonbullogue.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Ah shur Greeairman doesn't like anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of St. Brendans Park.
Anyways, I'll let him away with it this time as we are all getting a bit giddy and excited with the county hurlers two big home games coming up in May :mrgreen:

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

https://t.co/9I7pNICYBe

Video of the incident.
Good Luck

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

LooseCannon wrote:https://t.co/9I7pNICYBe

Video of the incident.
Thx for posting.

Funny comment in the article - 'Unidentified man appears to throw a punch at 24 seconds'.

That clears up everything!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

Not really relevant to this thread but I heard a great podcast interview with Eamon Fitzmaurice. He was talking about club month and releasing players to the clubs. A selection of Kerry players wear GPS trackers during their club games in April so Kerry management can monitor how they are performing. I thought it was a very good idea and something different to help keep county players focused and motoring well while county training takes a back step.

Alloutbarthegoalie
Junior B
Club: Edenderry

Post by Alloutbarthegoalie »

What is the latest news on Stephen Wallace being banned/suspended?

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 83873.html
I didn’t actually realise this was a rule brought in through our own county board and not nationally like I first thought. I can see the point the county board are trying to make but with a county of our small talent pool we need everyone that is good enough to line out. He is an exciting prospect and it’s a shame to not see him line out for the seniors this year in championship.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Killeighman wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 83873.html
I didn’t actually realise this was a rule brought in through our own county board and not nationally like I first thought. I can see the point the county board are trying to make but with a county of our small talent pool we need everyone that is good enough to line out. He is an exciting prospect and it’s a shame to not see him line out for the seniors this year in championship.
Ridiculous absolutely ridiculous, they need to reverse this decision now

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

He won't be able to play next year either, only in Offaly could this happen.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Must say I was unaware that the county board dreamed up this rule....I thought it was country wide blanket ban by GAA. Right is there a solution.....can Johnson just 'declare' for the seniors and inform them he will not be playing U20 this year or ever again.