Newspaper Articles and other media bits

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Newspaper Articles

Post by LooseCannon »

Lone Shark wrote:The basic premise of the piece is flawed anyway. Of course the Offaly county board has form for taking odd decisions, and any democratic process can never be presumed to be a guaranteed win, but I would be genuinely stunned if the same management team wasn't asked to return en masse.

It's far more likely that Paul Rouse himself looks at the situation and decides that he's not in a position to do it to the very high standards he would set for himself. After all, he has a lecturing job in UCD, and while it's not as simple as saying that he has very little to do when the undergrads are away in the summer, it's fair to say he's a lot quieter than he would be in October or November, when he'd be getting preparations for 2019 underway. This came up at the perfect time for him.

Like most Offaly supporters, I truly hope he does stay on for another year at the very least. It would be a huge boost to everyone - but if it doesn't happen, I'll be amazed if it's the county board that say no.
Ah feck it, can’t he take a career break? :?: :| :cry:
Good Luck

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

LooseCannon wrote: Ah feck it, can’t he take a career break? :?: :| :cry:
Says a lot about the way he'd approach the job that I'd say that he'd nearly have to consider it. That won't put food on the table for his family though.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Lone Shark wrote:
LooseCannon wrote: Ah feck it, can’t he take a career break? :?: :| :cry:
Says a lot about the way he'd approach the job that I'd say that he'd nearly have to consider it. That won't put food on the table for his family though.
Word has it that he, as well as the rest of the management team asked for nothing with regard to €. Thus enabling a Strength and Conditioning coach to be put in place.

Also, Colm Quinn, Cathal Daly and more helped out for nothing as well.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

http://www.midlands103.com/sport-centre ... appointed/

If true, yeeaaaaaaaaaasssssss, with a John Mullane fist pump. :D
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Good Luck

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

It’s all lies about Paul Rouse apparently. Pat Nolan said on twitter that Tommy Byrne hasn’t spoken to him yet about taking over full time

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Killeighman wrote:It’s all lies about Paul Rouse apparently. Pat Nolan said on twitter that Tommy Byrne hasn’t spoken to him yet about taking over full time
:cry: :(
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-g ... 88008.html

More detail on the questions on the back of the Tribune.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Tis a bit hard to read, but there it is.
Good Luck

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

"That's a big job. I don't think there's any such thing as an application form in the GAA for jobs like that. That's something that a chairman, a secretary and their committee will sit down and probably pinpoint somebody that they want to give that job to. You can only make a decision like that or answer a question like that if you happen to be some guy who's asked to do it."

All-Ireland winning Kerry minor boss Peter Keane's name has been strongly linked with the senior vacancy in the Kingdom.

Taken from Hoganstand.com

Ahhh but there is here in Offaly......
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

This questionnaire looks good to me. Remember the candidates going for these intercounty jobs are getting outlandish sums of tax free cash in "expenses" if they are successful in filling the role. It's a disgrace and they shouldn't be receiving 1 bloody cent outside fuel costs but that's not the way is.
So before these large sums of cash are handed over I think the county board are well within their rights to grill candidates any way they see fit.
Verney in his rubbish article headline calls them "crazy demands" on managers. Such utter nonsense.
There are crazy demands on nurses, paramedics, home carers, people working with the disabled etc. who after paying their tax receive maybe 1/3 of what some of these intercounty managers get. The boys would want to look long and hard at themselves for complaining about a questionnaire.
The one good thing in all of this is that Pascal didn't get the job because if he did nobody would bother to turn up to watch games that would 0-2 to 0-3 at half time.
Every cloud I guess.........

Tipp72
Junior C
Club: tipp

Post by Tipp72 »

bracknaghboy wrote:This questionnaire looks good to me. Remember the candidates going for these intercounty jobs are getting outlandish sums of tax free cash in "expenses" if they are successful in filling the role. It's a disgrace and they shouldn't be receiving 1 bloody cent outside fuel costs but that's not the way is.
So before these large sums of cash are handed over I think the county board are well within their rights to grill candidates any way they see fit.
Verney in his rubbish article headline calls them "crazy demands" on managers. Such utter nonsense.
There are crazy demands on nurses, paramedics, home carers, people working with the disabled etc. who after paying their tax receive maybe 1/3 of what some of these intercounty managers get. The boys would want to look long and hard at themselves for complaining about a questionnaire.
The one good thing in all of this is that Pascal didn't get the job because if he did nobody would bother to turn up to watch games that would 0-2 to 0-3 at half time.
So managing Teams to win finals doesn't count because of the display christ bracknaghboy move out of the bloody dark ages :lol:

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

bracknaghboy wrote:This questionnaire looks good to me. Remember the candidates going for these intercounty jobs are getting outlandish sums of tax free cash in "expenses" if they are successful in filling the role. It's a disgrace and they shouldn't be receiving 1 bloody cent outside fuel costs but that's not the way is.
I’d agree here, the way the game is gone now it’s just like hiring a manager of a store or a business your going to interview candidates before you hand over large amounts of money. CV’s are great but a face to face interview and information on what way things will be run by a potential manager is vital info for financial planning for the year ahead.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

We'll be turning up to watch Paddy's weekend!!!

Tipp72
Junior C
Club: tipp

Post by Tipp72 »