Senior B Football 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Who will win the Senior B football championship?

Bracknagh
22%
Shamrocks
39%
Ballycumber
11%
Tubber
17%
Erin Rovers
11%
Walsh Island
No votes
St Rynaghs
No votes
Raheen
No votes

Total votes: 18

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Re: Senior B Football 2018

Post by ryot »

I dont see much (none really) Club games but was at the WI V Rtnaghs game, by accident really.

Rynaghs much the better in the first half and should have been much more than just 3 points up at HT.

WI started the second better and got back level but Rynaghs woke up and restored the 3 lead.

WI then switched wings backs and took out the dangerous wing forward and won the last quarter handy.

Two lads Red Carded, first a WI and then a Rynaghs, both for at most Black offences while a lad who used boot & fist liberly was not even cautioned.

Ref was only terrible and its easy to see why he was retired from county duty and he might do himself a favour now before he causes even more trouble.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

ryot wrote:I dont see much (none really) Club games but was at the WI V Rtnaghs game, by accident really.

Rynaghs much the better in the first half and should have been much more than just 3 points up at HT.

WI started the second better and got back level but Rynaghs woke up and restored the 3 lead.

WI then switched wings backs and took out the dangerous wing forward and won the last quarter handy.

Two lads Red Carded, first a WI and then a Rynaghs, both for at most Black offences while a lad who used boot & fist liberly was not even cautioned.

Ref was only terrible and its easy to see why he was retired from county duty and he might do himself a favour now before he causes even more trouble.
I see that he spoke to a national paper talking about an incident in Donegal and referees being abused. It’s funny because didn’t he get a 6 week ban for abuse a couple of years ago? I believe that the referee on the receiving end of his abuse stopped referreeing on that very day.

He appears to think that he’s more important than the games that he’s referreeing.
I note that while enquiring about matches that I couldn’t attend via PM to some users, games that he was referreeing have tended to have his name mentioned a bit, which doesn’t paint his performances in a good light.

Cheers for that. What players were sent off?
Was there any glimmer of hope of a prospect on either side?
Good Luck

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

One of the names I dont know so hardly fair to name the other....

Was disappointed with Joey O'C display..... Did not shine.......

Willie Mul got motoring late on after being very quiet for most of the game but good to see him in action. I was told he had been out injured for some time.

WI had a hardy number 4 who made a number of forays into attack but nobody else on that side.

Conroy was dangerous for Rynaghs but looks very slight.. Lad switched over on him in second half and took him out, twice, with Brian Gavin's nod of approval !!!!