Senior B Hurling 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Senior B winners 2018?

Durrow
17%
Brosna Gaels
4%
Lusmagh
38%
Drumcullen
No votes
Tullamore
13%
Clodiagh Gaels
8%
Shamrocks
17%
Carrig
4%

Total votes: 24

Killeighman
All Star

Re: Senior B Hurling 2018

Post by Killeighman »

Was at the Clodiagh Gaels game myself. Great game for excitement but lacked that bit of quality. Carrig missing Conor Freeman who has gone to America for the summer I’m hearing and I’m not sure if they were missing more. Clodiagh Gaels were missing 7 players who would have been involved either starting or used off the bench.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Killeighman wrote:Was at the Clodiagh Gaels game myself. Great game for excitement but lacked that bit of quality. Carrig missing Conor Freeman who has gone to America for the summer I’m hearing and I’m not sure if they were missing more. Clodiagh Gaels were missing 7 players who would have been involved either starting or used off the bench.
7 players is a lot to be missing for Clodiagh Gaels. I think that is their third loss, can they turn it around in the remaining games?

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Clodiagh Gaels won this game 0-18 to 1-14. Offaly Gaa website have it down wrong.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Killeighman wrote:Clodiagh Gaels won this game 0-18 to 1-14. Offaly Gaa website have it down wrong.
Thanks for that important correction. How can you get a result wrong, when the referee includes it in his report?

Gaels find second wind?

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

No idea how it was gotten wrong but for anyone not at it they wouldn’t have known any different only looking at the result. Gaels never really got going and we’re 9-2 down at one time in the first half. Got a few frees to drag them back within 3 at the break. Joey Keenaghan went sweeper in the second half and picked up a lot of loose ball and his distribution to forwards was good. Dwayne Dunne and Liam Langton never fired at all. Conor Langton got some important scores including the winner with a minute to go. Worth mentioning Gaels were 4 points down with maybe 5-10 left and dragged it back. Missing Ryan Casey, Peter Walsh, Killian O’Brien, Daryl Kilroe, Nigel Cunningham, Sean Beatty, Shane Dolan, Colm Gleeson and winning the game was great for them and a huge relief I’d imagine considering the pressure they are under.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

what a huge F**K up.. i for one was someone who taught carraig had won and had them in a better position than they actually.. also put a different reflection on the table and gives clodiagh gaels a chance of qualifying.. like senior A its goin to be very tight in qualifying for a qf or being in relegation final..

the excuse of missing lads will be used all summer.. championship is every two weeks and with 6 of 8 teams being dual there is going to be lads missing through suspension, injuries, weddings, holidays, etc..

just looked at the table and a tullamore win Wednesday night will push them and shamrocks out ahead of the pack..

any word on when the brosna gaels and drumcullen fixture will be shoved into an already packed fixture list?

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

kaiserchief wrote:what a huge F**K up.. i for one was someone who taught carraig had won and had them in a better position than they actually.. also put a different reflection on the table and gives clodiagh gaels a chance of qualifying.. like senior A its goin to be very tight in qualifying for a qf or being in relegation final..

the excuse of missing lads will be used all summer.. championship is every two weeks and with 6 of 8 teams being dual there is going to be lads missing through suspension, injuries, weddings, holidays, etc..

just looked at the table and a tullamore win Wednesday night will push them and shamrocks out ahead of the pack..

any word on when the brosna gaels and drumcullen fixture will be shoved into an already packed fixture list?
I’d imagine it will be hurling one week and football the next from here on in so that outstanding fixture may have to be played at the end of championship now. It has all the indications that it will be Tullamore and Shamrocks top two but the chasing pack will be interesting as there is nothing between the other 6 teams in the group.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I think what happened was that the C&R twitter account announced the final score the wrong way around, something I can understand in the excitement of a one point game. The board seems to have gone on the incorrect result initially.
kaiserchief wrote:what a huge F**K up.. i for one was someone who taught carraig had won and had them in a better position than they actually.. also put a different reflection on the table and gives clodiagh gaels a chance of qualifying.. like senior A its goin to be very tight in qualifying for a qf or being in relegation final..
Anyone at the Shamrocks v Drumcullen game? Seems to have been a bit of timber used.

Overall, Senior B seems to be made up of a 'top 4' and 'bottom 4', with Shamrocks, Tullamore, Drumcullen and Ballinamere in the top four positions and Carrig, Brosna Gaels, Clodiagh Gaels and Lusmagh batling for the remaining two quarter-final places.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:I think what happened was that the C&R twitter account announced the final score the wrong way around, something I can understand in the excitement of a one point game. The board seems to have gone on the incorrect result initially.
Anyone at the Shamrocks v Drumcullen game? Seems to have been a bit of timber used.

Overall, Senior B seems to be made up of a 'top 4' and 'bottom 4', with Shamrocks, Tullamore, Drumcullen and Ballinamere in the top four positions and Carrig, Brosna Gaels, Clodiagh Gaels and Lusmagh batling for the remaining two quarter-final places.
I was speaking to a fella in work who was at the Drumcullen vs Shamrocks game and he said the ash wasn’t spared. Straights for Conor Condron and Paddy Kelly on the Shamrocks side and Padraig Cashen for Drumcullen. David O’Toole wasn’t involved for Shamrocks. Seemingly it was all Drumcullen in the first half and Shamrocks took over in the second half with Johnny O’Toole dominating.

Superstar
Junior B
Club: Shamrocks

Post by Superstar »

Was at the Shamrocks Drumcullen game! Shamrocks were very poor in the first half with some very poor shooting whilst Drumxullen were much more efficient in possession! Shamrocks really only got going after they went down to 13 men, trailing 8 points to 6 at the time scored scored the last 7 points of the game and went on to win the win game 13 points to 8. Don’t think there could be any complaint with any of the 3 red cards! A side incident in the game occurred when a Drumcullen water boy got into an altercation with the Shamrocks umpire at one end of field!

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

I heard from a Drumcullen man that the referee was poor and didn't need to send 3 lads off. He didn't bring his own umpires and didn't see the incidents. How can you send three lads off based on information from non neutral umpires. Surely Ballinamere if hosting the game should have provided umpires for the referee.. Although would Ballinamere be neutral either, being in the Senior B and so close to Shamrocks!! :roll: :roll:

Also heard about the "waterboy" incident.. It's the talk of the county.. Won't name and shame but he should be a little embarrassed with his actions..

I seen shamrocks earlier in the year against clodiagh gaels and was very impressed. Themselves and Tullamore will be hard to stop..

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

Predictions for weekend:

Brosna Gales(---)v(---)Tullamore/An Tulach Mhór.. Tullamore by 5 or 6 points

Ballinamere(---)v(---)Clodiagh Gaels.. Clodiagh Gaels by 3 or 4 points

Drumcullen(---)v(---)Lusmagh GAA.. Lusmagh by 3 or 4 points

Carrig Riverstown(---)v(---)Shamrocks.. Shamrocks by 3 or 4 points

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Clodiagh Gaels drew with Ballinamere, 3-19 each. Lots of scores, Clodiagh Gaels needed a last minute free to level game.
They led by 3-15 to 2-9 after 10 minutes of second half, only added 4 further points.
Sides level 2-9 all at half time.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Just on this, the guideline (don't ask me if it's a bye-law or what it is) is that the referee brings his own umpires while the host club provides the linesmen. Of course, if the referee lands without an umpire, that just further stretches the resources of the host club.
kaiserchief wrote:. . . Surely Ballinamere if hosting the game should have provided umpires for the referee.. .
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Just on this, the guideline (don't ask me if it's a bye-law or what it is) is that the referee brings his own umpires while the host club provides the linesmen. Of course, if the referee lands without an umpire, that just further stretches the resources of the host club.
kaiserchief wrote:. . . Surely Ballinamere if hosting the game should have provided umpires for the referee.. .
In this case the club didn't provide lines men neither, so their resources weren't used at all.

Surely the referee if without umpires would know 1 or 2 hours before the game and should have to alert the host venue.

Umpires from the opposing team, calling ref's attention for an incident he didn't see is and worse again, the ref using that information to give a straight red card.

Wasn't at game but heard from a Drumcullen man that is twas pure madness from Noel Flynn.