Senior A hurling 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Sean Robbins winners 2018

Kilcormac Killoughey
27%
St.Rynaghs
36%
Ferbane
12%
Clareen
6%
Birr
3%
Shinrone
9%
Kinnitty
3%
Coolderry
3%

Total votes: 33

shannonbanks14
County player

Re: Senior A hurling 2018

Post by shannonbanks14 »

private joker wrote:Think all clubs have played in OCP enough for it not to matter.
True

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

private joker wrote:Think all clubs have played in OCP enough for it not to matter.
Then why bring KK and Kinnitty to OCP? Ridiculous.
Out of the way of both clubs.
Good Luck

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

I agree. Bit mad bringing those clubs to tullamore. But I've seen that through all the grades. Brought ballyshneach to plsy clara in kilurin. Lusmagh played ballinnamere in Tullamore. Better and easier to get to venues that can be used.

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

If is Clareen and Kinnitty in relegation playoff, that game should be in Birr, no messing around with dragging them to Tullamore or elsewhere...both have had big days in Birr over the years and for the winner it will be a big day too...who is the fixtures person or can we ask that on here? :?:

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

LooseCannon wrote:It appears that the fixtures secretary is giving his club an unfair advantage over Coolderry, Rynagh’s, Birr, Shinrone and Belmont(possibly Clareen) by fixing KK’s game in O’Connor Park.
I hope that this can be rectified, because quite frankly, bringing KK and Kinnitty to OCP is bullsh*t.

It may also be an unfair advantage for Kinnitty, if the relegation battle is played there.

I think that this may affect a senior B clash as well.
Unfair advantage??? Are you for real? :roll:

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

allstar2010 wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:It appears that the fixtures secretary is giving his club an unfair advantage over Coolderry, Rynagh’s, Birr, Shinrone and Belmont(possibly Clareen) by fixing KK’s game in O’Connor Park.
I hope that this can be rectified, because quite frankly, bringing KK and Kinnitty to OCP is bullsh*t.

It may also be an unfair advantage for Kinnitty, if the relegation battle is played there.

I think that this may affect a senior B clash as well.
Unfair advantage??? Are you for real? :roll:
Well is it fair?
Or is it an unfair disadvantage against the other teams?

I believe that it is an advantage that is not fair, hence it is an unfair advantage.
Good Luck

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

All teams have played in OCP at some point in last couple of years don’t see why you think this is an advantage to KK. I doubt Coolderry and Rynaghs would have wanted their match played in OCP

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

allstar2010 wrote:All teams have played in OCP at some point in last couple of years don’t see why you think this is an advantage to KK. I doubt Coolderry and Rynaghs would have wanted their match played in OCP
Well, I think that all teams would like to play in the venue where you’ll be hurling in the knockout stages.
Such a stupid fixture bringing both KK and Kinnitty to OCP.
Good Luck

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Yeah I agree it’s not a great venue for this fixture but I don’t think it’s an advantage. I suppose with all matches on at same time they were limited to pitch availability.

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

LooseCannon wrote:
Then why bring KK and Kinnitty to OCP? Ridiculous.
Out of the way of both clubs.

Just for the craic I googled Killoughy to Tullamore & Birr, Quicker to Tullamore so then did Kilcormac to Tullamore,

Killoughy to Birr 25 min. Kilcormac to Tullamore 25 min, so hardly a problem whichever place they are fixed for ???

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Predictions for the weekend...?
Who will get the second semi final spot ?
Who will go down to relegation final with Kinnitty?

K/K v Kinnitty
Belmont v Shinrone
Birr v Clareen
St.Rynaghs v Coolderry

I will go with....
KK should beat Kinnitty but I would not be shocked if it went the other way - KK by 4 pts

I think Shinrone will lose out here as they have never really done it when the pressure is on - Belmont by 5

Birr are title contenders but if they are they have to beat Clareen and stop been so unreliable - Birr by 6 +

St.Rynaghs should have had the measure of Coolderry I think they will win this by about 7 or 8

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

KK
Draw
Birr
St Rynagh’s
Good Luck

Fairplayalways
All Star

Post by Fairplayalways »

very hard to see how St. Rynangh's will beat Coolderry by 6/7 points if at all..I know Coolderry are through but its surely about keeping momentum going and not losing which can trigger doubts etc..Rynanghs are either not good enough/consistent enough from what I see...scoring goals is a terrible weakness for them from what I see, and teams that score goals will beat you in normal run of things...Birr should beat Clareen (should being the word)..Shinrone/Belmont: time for one of these to stand up and be counted...I just fear Shinrone might sneak past for some reason...KK v Kinnitty, should be KK handily enough...

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

KK v Kinnity - Kinnity will probably be focusing on the relegation play off so I expect KK to win this by 5-6 points
Belmont v Shinrone - Hard to call, pressure on the Shinrone team to win but i expect Belmont to win by 2-3 points
Birr v Clareen - Massive game for Clareen as i think they will struggle to beat Kinnity in a relegation play off, they havent hurled well this year though so i expect Birr to win by 3-4 points
St Rynaghs v Coolderry - Depends on how Coolderry approach this game, i expect them to target a win to maintain momentum and i can see Coolderry winning by 1-2 points

shannonbanks14
County player

Post by shannonbanks14 »

Kk just about, Shinrone just about, Draw Birr v Clareen, Rynaghs by 8 as expect reaction to really poor performance v Birr.