Senior A hurling 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Sean Robbins winners 2018

Kilcormac Killoughey
27%
St.Rynaghs
36%
Ferbane
12%
Clareen
6%
Birr
3%
Shinrone
9%
Kinnitty
3%
Coolderry
3%

Total votes: 33

LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Senior A hurling 2018

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:That is actually an absolutley disgraceful tackle. And as a previous poster stated he’d have previous for that sort of stuff. He should get 3 months for that. And then he had the audacity to pretend he was hurt after Kiely gave him a tiny dig. Says a lot about him. I dont know how Kiely didnt take his head off after it.
Well Kiely certainly tried to take the head off of him. Kiely didn’t get the line for nothing
Good Luck

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

That video doesn’t show Kiely doing too much. Clancy on the other hand....

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Behaving in a way which is dangerous to an opponent is a Category III offence and carries a one match suspension.
greenairfield wrote:He is constantly doing that tackle....
How long can you get for dangerous play?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

I have to say a 1 match ban doesn’t seem to fit this particular crime.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Behaving in a way which is dangerous to an opponent is a Category III offence and carries a one match suspension.
Disgraceful cowardly act. He deserves a lot more than just a one match suspension.
That was terrible, he could have seriously injured Kiely.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

frankthetank wrote:That video doesn’t show Kiely doing too much. Clancy on the other hand....
Apart from the fact that he fired the hurl at Clancy, striking his faceguard.
I was at the match. THAT video ends before Kiely struck Clancy with his fists, and before the shemozzle broke out.
I firmly believe that Clancy should serve the punishment that was given to him. A one match ban. He ultimately, as a goalkeeper, did his job. Stopping a certain goal. Who in that situation wouldn’t have taken out Kiely, or whoever it may have been? I know that I would’ve. Probably not like Clancy did, but I would’ve.

As for Clancy feigning injury. I thought that he had a broken leg looking at the way he landed.
Also, against Shinrone, he dragged the Shinrone player down. Not like he did on Kiely.

Also on dirty teams. KK are a dirty team. Toxicity123… obviously didn’t see their corner forward hit Simon Óg Lyons with the but of the hurl through the faceguard.
They’re fairly fond of verbal abuse as well as hitting lads clips off the ball. Ger Healion was clipping Aidan Treacy. Treacy put a stop to it, and hit 6 points, setting up a few more.
Various other clips off the ball also.
Shinrone are another team fond of the verbals.
I missed most of the Shinrone Coolderry game due to the fact that I was attending a relative’s mass.
I arrived after half time for that game, so I don’t think that I should really comment not having seen the full game.
Anyhow, from what I’ve heard from players that have played against Shinrone in this year’s championship, the abuse players are getting is appalling. I’ve spoken to Birr lads, Rynagh’s lads, a Clareen lad, and they’ve told me of the abuse that and their team mates have received, some about girlfriends, wives, family members, etc. One lowlife said something about a player’s deceased family member. Just sad.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

allstar2010 wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:Behaving in a way which is dangerous to an opponent is a Category III offence and carries a one match suspension.
Disgraceful cowardly act. He deserves a lot more than just a one match suspension.
That was terrible, he could have seriously injured Kiely.
Let’s be honest, it’s not as if Kiely never pulled a dirty stroke…
Good Luck

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Loose cannon.... Doesn’t matter if he has or hasn’t that was a shocking tackle by Clancy and the punishment doesn’t fit the crime. He should get 3 months at least. He’s a poor keeper anyway if that’s all he can do to stop a lad running through.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Here are what comprises a Category III offence (carries a one match ban) and a Category IV offence (category IV ban). Take your pick.
Category III
(i) Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand or knee.
(ii) Striking or attempting to strike with a hurley, with minimal force.
(iii) Kicking or attempting to kick, with minimal force.
(iv) Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent, including deliberately pulling on or taking hold of a faceguard or any part of an opponent’s helmet (in hurling).
(v) Spitting at an opponent.
(vi) Contributing to a melee
(vii) Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline Official.
(vii) Minor physical interference (e.g. laying a hand on, pushing, pulling or jostling) with an Opposing Team Official either on or off the Field of Play.

Penalties:
(1) Minimum - A One Match Suspension in the same Code and at the same Level, applicable to the next game in the same Competition, even if that game occurs in the following year’s competition.
(2) Minimum on Repeat Infraction - A Two Match Suspension in the same Code and at the same Level, applicable to the next games in the same Competition in which the
Repeat Infraction occurred, even if one or both game(s) occur(s) in the following year’s competition.

Category IV
(i) Striking or attempting to strike with the head.
(ii) Striking with hurley, either with force or causing injury.
(iii) Attempting to strike with hurley, with force.
(iv) Kicking, either with force or causing injury.
(v) Attempting to kick, with force.
(vi) Stamping.
(vii) Inflicting injury recklessly by means other than those stated above.
(viii) Any type of assault on an Opposing Team Official.
(ix) An act by Deed, Word or Gesture of a Racist, Sectarian or Anti-Inclusion/Diversity nature.

Penalties:
For Infractions (i) to (viii) inclusive-
(1) Minimum: A Two Match Suspension in the same Code and at the same Level, applicable to the next games in the same Competition, even if one or both game(s) occur(s) in the following year’s competition;
(2) Minimum on Repeat Infraction: A Three Match Suspension in the same Code and at the same Level, applicable to the next games in the same Competition in which the Repeat Infraction occurred, even if one or more of the game(s) occur(s) in the following year’s competition.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

This is interesting. Offaly GAA TV doesn't begin until tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. So, who leaked the footage to the Joe site. And in whose interest is it that it should be leaked?

I'll take your word that the afters you mention occurred. On that basis, is there an agenda that only one side of the incident be shown? And is there an agenda that it be shown at all, and who is pursuing that agenda?
LooseCannon wrote:Apart from the fact that he fired the hurl at Clancy, striking his faceguard.
I was at the match. THAT video ends before Kiely struck Clancy with his fists, and before the shemozzle broke out.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

What happened after the tackle is not the first port of call. That kind of tackle first of foremost was highly dangerous. The goalie is way out of line. It was a deliberate attempt to hurt the player. How would anyone react to that kind of thuggery?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:This is interesting. Offaly GAA TV doesn't begin until tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. So, who leaked the footage to the Joe site. And in whose interest is it that it should be leaked?

I'll take your word that the afters you mention occurred. On that basis, is there an agenda that only one side of the incident be shown? And is there an agenda that it be shown at all, and who is pursuing that agenda?
LooseCannon wrote:Apart from the fact that he fired the hurl at Clancy, striking his faceguard.
That’s what I’m annoyed about. It’s almost certainly sent in by someone from KK.
I believe that clubs get access on YouTube privately, I think I heard someone say, so if someone from KK copied the private link and sent it around, that scenario was likely.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

private joker wrote:What happened after the tackle is not the first port of call. That kind of tackle first of foremost was highly dangerous. The goalie is way out of line. It was a deliberate attempt to hurt the player. How would anyone react to that kind of thuggery?
I think that Clancy meant to take him out, absolutely. Do I believe that he meant to hurt him intentionally, no. He’s not that sort of player, or person for that matter.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Also, KK didn’t get the penalty for that. It was overturned to a throw in, due to Kiely’s actions. They got the penalty later on in the game. Young Ciarán Flynn, straight outta minor pulled off a great save from a Ciarán Slevin penalty.
Good Luck

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Further to this, I've just been told that anyone can obtain the OY GAA TV camera footage, therefore anyone could have leaked it. I just want to clarify this, in case anyone draws any conclusions from my post. All I've done is to raise the query, which I think is fair enough in the circumstances.
Plain of the Herbs wrote:This is interesting. Offaly GAA TV doesn't begin until tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. So, who leaked the footage to the Joe site. And in whose interest is it that it should be leaked?