Senior A hurling 2018

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Sean Robbins winners 2018

Kilcormac Killoughey
27%
St.Rynaghs
36%
Ferbane
12%
Clareen
6%
Birr
3%
Shinrone
9%
Kinnitty
3%
Coolderry
3%

Total votes: 33

shannonbanks14
County player

Re: Senior A hurling 2018

Post by shannonbanks14 »

Just like your own tripe frankthewank. Stick out puberty you'll get through it gud lad :)

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Take K/K out of ocp and results start going the wrong way

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Was at Sunday’s games.
St Rynaghs v Shinrone - a very harsh sending off for St Rynaghs. Conor Doughan should have got the line for a dirty pull across Pat Camon’s thigh. I thought that Niall Wynne played well for the Shannonsiders, who will be happy with the point, having had 14 men for 45 minutes. They could have won had they not missed a couple of frees, and had Camon kept his rifled effort below the crossbar. But yet again Shinrone had their chance to win and blew it.

KK v Belmont
Probably the biggest result in the Brosnasiders’ history. They thoroughly deserved their win, perhaps by more than the final margin suggests. I thought that Ciarán Kenny played very well until his withdrawal (from injury methinks) for Belmont. They should enjoy the victory, however as poor as KK were, Ciarán Slevin missed 4 frees. They were also without their best forward, Currams. Enda Grogan has also yet to return to the fold. Killian Leonard mustn’t have been fully fit if he was restricted to a place on the bench. In saying all that, Belmont’s margin of victory could have been greater on the day.

Who would’ve thought that last year’s county finalists would lie with 1 point each at 6th and 7th on the table. I still feel that one of the two teams will be in this year’s county final, and I believe that both will make it to the semi final stage.
Good Luck

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

greenairfield wrote:Take K/K out of ocp and results start going the wrong way
Bullshite statement! It’s only April, they’ve a load of injuries and had a long campaign last year. But that shouldn’t take away from Belmonts win, they fully deserved it and with two wins under their belt they can seriously think about pushing on to claim one of the automatic semi final places.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

A load of injuries ? How many were missing the last day ?

I am just stating facts there record outside of OCP is not hectic at the minute!!

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Bullshite statement is right. Kilcormac-Killoughey have played this year's two form teams. When they went 28 matches unbeaten from 2012 to 2015, 15 of those were played outside of OCP. Premature to be getting excited.
allstar2010 wrote:
greenairfield wrote:Take K/K out of ocp and results start going the wrong way
Bullshite statement! It’s only April, they’ve a load of injuries and had a long campaign last year. But that shouldn’t take away from Belmonts win, they fully deserved it and with two wins under their belt they can seriously think about pushing on to claim one of the automatic semi final places.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

2015 is 3 years ago How many of there games have been played in OCP in the last 3 years ?

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

greenairfield wrote:2015 is 3 years ago How many of there games have been played in OCP in the last 3 years ?
You are the one making the claim about their performances outside on OCP. Why don't you back up your claims with some data, rather than rely on others to do the work for you?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Beat me to it, LL Kool J!
llkj wrote:
greenairfield wrote:2015 is 3 years ago How many of there games have been played in OCP in the last 3 years ?
You are the one making the claim about their performances outside on OCP. Why don't you back up your claims with some data, rather than rely on others to do the work for you?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I have my homework done that's why I said it...ye are some shower I tell ye.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

greenairfield wrote:I have my homework done that's why I said it...ye are some shower I tell ye.
Nice, would you mind sharing with the rest of us? Genuinely interested in seeing it. Thank you.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

greenairfield wrote:I have my homework done that's why I said it...ye are some shower I tell ye.
Did your parents sign it off?

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Oh they did how's Rynaghs going ?

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

greenairfield wrote:Oh they did how's Rynaghs going ?
They’ve the same amount of points as the champions, KK(1). Don’t worry, it’ll even out when they play Birr.
They still managed a draw while playing with (a) a man less, and (b) they played terrible with a man less.
That’s why I feel they’ll be there on county final day.

How are Birr’s footballers doing. For a town of 4.5 thousand people, and that’s not including the people that ye poach from Crinkill. Ye’re an absolute disgrace. Rynaghs have about 80% of Birr legitimate pick, i.e. not Crinkill, and can manage their first hurling team in the first tier, and a football team in the second tier.

Birr have their first hurling team in the first tier, with their footballers in the fourth tier.
Can’t field their own team at u21 level in hurling.

By the way, where’s the “homework” that you’ve done?
Good Luck

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

What is the storey with birr been allowed to join with CRC gaels at 21? Surely that's not fair to other clubs?