Leinster SFC 2018 Venue Nonsense

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
bracknaghboy
All Star

Leinster SFC 2018 Venue Nonsense

Post by bracknaghboy »

Ok so the Offaly v Wicklow game is 6 months away and I'm already pissed off. So for this first round match neither team got home advantage. Why not flick a coin and give home advantage to someone. If they are trying to promote the game in Wicklow wouldn't a home game benefit them. Equally we would take home advantage it we got it. No its off to Portlaoise for a double header with Carlow and Louth. Again explain that to me. Why aren't Carlow or Louth at home? I don't care if there is no home and away agreement in place between these counties surely its just common sense to play it in one or the other teams home venue? Yet Longford have home advantage against Meath, why not say bring that to somewhere like Tullamore for the craic?

And it gets feckin worse. Here we go word for word from the Leinster GAA website "A decision on all other quarter final venues was deferred until after the first round games are played".
Let me interpret that for you, in other words "Wicklow even if you beat Offaly there isn't a hope in hell we are bringing Dublin to Aughrim and Offaly if you win we'll probably play it Portlaoise or Kilkenny because we can fit more Dubs in for financial reasons".
I suppose at the end of the day the money has to come from somewhere to finance that Dermot Earley and his merry band of GPA officials astronomical wage bill and their 1.2 million Euro worth of protein shakes.

LooseCannon
All Star

Re: Leinster SFC 2018 Venue Nonsense

Post by LooseCannon »

bracknaghboy wrote:Ok so the Offaly v Wicklow game is 6 months away and I'm already pissed off. So for this first round match neither team got home advantage. Why not flick a coin and give home advantage to someone. If they are trying to promote the game in Wicklow wouldn't a home game benefit them. Equally we would take home advantage it we got it. No its off to Portlaoise for a double header with Carlow and Louth. Again explain that to me. Why aren't Carlow or Louth at home? I don't care if there is no home and away agreement in place between these counties surely its just common sense to play it in one or the other teams home venue? Yet Longford have home advantage against Meath, why not say bring that to somewhere like Tullamore for the craic?

And it gets feckin worse. Here we go word for word from the Leinster GAA website "A decision on all other quarter final venues was deferred until after the first round games are played".
Let me interpret that for you, in other words "Wicklow even if you beat Offaly there isn't a hope in hell we are bringing Dublin to Aughrim and Offaly if you win we'll probably play it Portlaoise or Kilkenny because we can fit more Dubs in for financial reasons".
I suppose at the end of the day the money has to come from somewhere to finance that Dermot Earley and his merry band of GPA officials astronomical wage bill and their 1.2 million Euro worth of protein shakes.
Agreed

I suppose it’ll be the same if we beat Wicklow, who’ll be hard beat, with Rathnew and all. Potentially having home advantage stripped from us. Pure Bullsh*t.

GPA should be abolished, and incorporate the initiatives for players through the GAA itself.
Good Luck