2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Anyone at the game? Was at the Hurling meself.
A summary if possible please.
What way did we play, etc.
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby SearingDrive » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:17 pm

LooseCannon wrote:Anyone at the game? Was at the Hurling meself.
A summary if possible please.
What way did we play, etc.

A good positive display by Offaly today. Players looked sharp, and supported the player on the ball. We did not have 14 men behind the ball, instead forwards stayed in their positions. Cian Johnson scored 1-2 and Jordan Hayes had 2-0. 3 goals in the first half,when did Offaly last score that,and 3-15 in total,

Wexford were poor enough, but a promising start. Paddy Dunican started in goal,tended to solo up the field,almost caught on one occasion, replaced in second period by u-21 goalkeeper, Rohan. Plenty of subs used, more challenging games ahead in the league against better opposition. Anton Sullivan at 11, was today's captain, and did well. No 11could be his position.
Good decision by Stephen Wallace.
SearingDrive
All Star
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:00 pm

SearingDrive wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:Anyone at the game? Was at the Hurling meself.
A summary if possible please.
What way did we play, etc.

A good positive display by Offaly today. Players looked sharp, and supported the player on the ball. We did not have 14 men behind the ball, instead forwards stayed in their positions. Cian Johnson scored 1-2 and Jordan Hayes had 2-0. 3 goals in the first half,when did Offaly last score that,and 3-15 in total,

Wexford were poor enough, but a promising start. Paddy Dunican started in goal,tended to solo up the field,almost caught on one occasion, replaced in second period by u-21 goalkeeper, Rohan. Plenty of subs used, more challenging games ahead in the league against better opposition. Anton Sullivan at 11, was today's captain, and did well. No 11could be his position.
Good decision by Stephen Wallace.


Cheers.
Would you have the programme to hand? Just to see the subs.
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby first_touch » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 am

Cian Johnson from Ferbane made his intercounty debut today. I wonder is he the first player to play for Offaly having never started a senior championship game for his club. Or are there others that people know of? By all accounts he played well and is a hugely promising player. Best of luck to him and to other lads starting out on their intercounty career.
first_touch
County player
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby jimbob17 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:46 am

Johnson played a little senior football with Ferbane this year even if he didnt start, he probably should have. Think Luke Kelly (Clara) played county senior a few years ago before he had played senior for his club. Not that uncommon (even if it should be) for talented lads coming out of minor who might be called to a senior panel before a club campaign gets going.
jimbob
jimbob17
All Star
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:40 am

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby SearingDrive » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:15 pm

LooseCannon wrote:
SearingDrive wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:Anyone at the game? Was at the Hurling meself.
A summary if possible please.
What way did we play, etc.

A good positive display by Offaly today. Players looked sharp, and supported the player on the ball. We did not have 14 men behind the ball, instead forwards stayed in their positions. Cian Johnson scored 1-2 and Jordan Hayes had 2-0. 3 goals in the first half,when did Offaly last score that,and 3-15 in total,

Wexford were poor enough, but a promising start. Paddy Dunican started in goal,tended to solo up the field,almost caught on one occasion, replaced in second period by u-21 goalkeeper, Rohan. Plenty of subs used, more challenging games ahead in the league against better opposition. Anton Sullivan at 11, was today's captain, and did well. No 11could be his position.
Good decision by Stephen Wallace.


Cheers.
Would you have the programme to hand? Just to see the subs.

Sorry. I don't have a team list. There were unlimited subs allowed, Shane Tierney, Bobby O'Dea, and Joey O'Connor were 3 second half subs I recall.
The correct score was 3-16 toO-9
SearingDrive
All Star
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Stephen Wallace and his Management Team have announced their side to face Dublin in the 2nd Round of the Bord Na Mona Series O'Byrne Cup on Wednesday night 3rd January at 8pm in Parnell Park.

The Team is a follows

1. Alan Mulhall (Walsh Island)
2. Daithi Brady (Edenderry)
3. James Lalor (Raheen)
4. Sean Pender (Edenderry)
5. David Dempsey (Ballycommon)
6. Cian Donohue (St Brigid's)
7. Declan Hogan (Tullamore)
8. Craig Dunne (Gracefield)
9. Shane Nally (Ferbane)
10. Jordan Hayes (Edenderry)
11. Anton Sullivan (Rhode) (Capt)
12. Michael Brazil (Tullamore)
13. Bernard Allen (Tubber)
14. Cian Johnston (Ferbane)
15. Sean Doyle (Edenderry)

16. Paddy Dunican (Shamrocks)
17. Gerry Spollen (Ballinamere)
18. Nigel Dunne (Shamrocks)
19. Jack Egan (Ferbane)
20. Joey O' Connor (St Rynagh's)
21. Bobby O'Dea (Durrow)
22. Paul McConway (Tullamore)
23. Conor McNamee (Rhode)
24. Shane Tierney (Daingean)
25. Barry Rohan (Shannonbridge)
26. Niall Darby (Rhode)




Thanks SD for that. Only saw it there now.
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby Lone Shark » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:11 pm

team list here - courtesy of a helpful soul who got in touch on twitter!

Image
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
User avatar
Lone Shark
All Star
 
Posts: 5118
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:21 pm
Location: Back Home!

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby llkj » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Is it just me or does Wexford have the most difficult to pronounce club names of all the counties in Ireland? Every time I look at a Wexford team or see their club results I find myself having to stop several times to figure out the names of their clubs.
llkj
All Star
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 am

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Lone Shark wrote:team list here - courtesy of a helpful soul who got in touch on twitter!

Image


Should it not read: Gerry Spollen (Durrow) ?
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby NewEra » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Is Mulhall the only change for tonight's game?

This is essentially Dublin 3rds tonight with the first 30 all on the team holiday.
NewEra
County player
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 pm

NewEra wrote:Is Mulhall the only change for tonight's game?

This is essentially Dublin 3rds tonight with the first 30 all on the team holiday.


I think so, yes
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby greenairfield » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Could someone tell me how many we are missing ? Seems like a lot of lads ?
greenairfield
All Star
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby NewEra » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm

I am possibly missing a few but off the top of my head.. Good to read today that Ken Casey will possibly come back into the fold.

Retired:
Niall Mc
Brian Darby

Travelling/Not returned since last year:
Ruairi Allen
Graham Guilfoyle
Ruairi McNamee

Injured:
John Maloney
Eoin Carroll
Peter Cunningham
Conor McNamee
NewEra
County player
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Re: 2018 Bord na Móna O’Byrne Cup

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:38 pm

OY 0-16 D 1-13

Anyone at it?
Thoughts?
Loose by name, Loose by nature :wink:
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

PreviousNext

Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Killeighman and 13 guests