2018 NFL

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby Doon Exile » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Is the game even on?

It’s not on the fixtures on hogan stand.
Doon exile....
Doon Exile
Junior A
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:03 pm
Location: up in the air

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Doon Exile wrote:Is the game even on?

It’s not on the fixtures on hogan stand.

Yes, currently winning 1-11 to 9 points.
10 mins left. Not on Wexford radio either. :cry:
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby Bord na Mona man » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Good win. They last 3 games were always going to be cup finals!
User avatar
Bord na Mona man
All Star
 
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 am

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby SearingDrive » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:38 pm

I heard two results given today.
Offaly 1-15 Wexford 1-10 Mids 103

Offaly 1-13. Wexford 1-10 Rte Radio 1

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line
SearingDrive
All Star
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:19 pm

SearingDrive wrote:I heard two results given today.
Offaly 1-15 Wexford 1-10 Mids 103

Offaly 1-13. Wexford 1-10 Rte Radio 1

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line


Offaly GAA Twitter:
@AllianzIreland
Full Time
@Offaly 1-13
@OfficialWexGAA 1-10

Radio 3 weren’t even covering the game, to my anger. Very disappointing. I guarantee you that they’ll have someone in Ruislip tomorrow for Leix’s game.
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby SearingDrive » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:57 pm

LooseCannon wrote:
SearingDrive wrote:I heard two results given today.
Offaly 1-15 Wexford 1-10 Mids 103

Offaly 1-13. Wexford 1-10 Rte Radio 1

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line


Offaly GAA Twitter:
@AllianzIreland
Full Time
@Offaly 1-13
@OfficialWexGAA 1-10

Radio 3 weren’t even covering the game, to my anger. Very disappointing. I guarantee you that they’ll have someone in Ruislip tomorrow for Leix’s game.

They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.
SearingDrive
All Star
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 pm

SearingDrive wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:
SearingDrive wrote:I heard two results given today.
Offaly 1-15 Wexford 1-10 Mids 103

Offaly 1-13. Wexford 1-10 Rte Radio 1

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line


Offaly GAA Twitter:
@AllianzIreland
Full Time
@Offaly 1-13
@OfficialWexGAA 1-10

Radio 3 weren’t even covering the game, to my anger. Very disappointing. I guarantee you that they’ll have someone in Ruislip tomorrow for Leix’s game.

They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.


I listened for 5-10 mins in the second half and nothing was mentioned about the game. Just atrocious music.
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby Plain of the Herbs » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:11 pm

RTE TV news at 6pm had 1-13 to 1-11. So there's a third scoreline!

The Irish Times has a report on the match online, listing the scorers, and states 1-13 to 1-10.
SearingDrive wrote:I heard two results given today.
Offaly 1-15 Wexford 1-10 Mids 103

Offaly 1-13. Wexford 1-10 Rte Radio 1

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
 
Posts: 2960
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:47 pm

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Plain of the Herbs wrote:RTE TV news at 6pm had 1-13 to 1-11. So there's a third scoreline!

The Irish Times has a report on the match online, listing the scorers, and states 1-13 to 1-10.
SearingDrive wrote:I heard two results given today.
Offaly 1-15 Wexford 1-10 Mids 103

Offaly 1-13. Wexford 1-10 Rte Radio 1

Match report Hogan Stand
Offaly 1-11 Wexford 1-9 ' 10 minutes left. Offaly added 4 points, to 1for Wexford confirms Mids 103 score line

A win is a win, although it may go down to score difference, in which case, we’re more than likely goosed.
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby Lone Shark » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:28 am

LooseCannon wrote:
SearingDrive wrote:They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.


I listened for 5-10 mins in the second half and nothing was mentioned about the game. Just atrocious music.


I'm neither defending nor criticising, merely pointing out the facts, when I say that there was a reporter at the game, and they couldn't seem to get through to him. I was working myself at the Marist Leinster colleges final and I know that they were scheduled to take a series of updates from the Offaly game, as they did from yours truly earlier. However I agree it didn't happen, because I was in the car looking for updates myself.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.
User avatar
Lone Shark
All Star
 
Posts: 5143
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:21 pm
Location: Back Home!

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby bracknaghboy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:03 am

Can confirm today's scoreline was
1-13 to 1-10
bracknaghboy
All Star
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:33 am

Lone Shark wrote:
LooseCannon wrote:
SearingDrive wrote:They had a reporter at the game. I heard the result on the afternoon show, 2-5 pm. Tweeted by Mary Dunne.


I listened for 5-10 mins in the second half and nothing was mentioned about the game. Just atrocious music.


I'm neither defending nor criticising, merely pointing out the facts, when I say that there was a reporter at the game, and they couldn't seem to get through to him. I was working myself at the Marist Leinster colleges final and I know that they were scheduled to take a series of updates from the Offaly game, as they did from yours truly earlier. However I agree it didn't happen, because I was in the car looking for updates myself.


If they couldn’t get through fair enough. I just prefer listening to action than frantically swiping up and down on a phone.
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby feirmeoir » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Sligo drew today and now have 3 points, who else have Sligo to play (other than Offaly),
feirmeoir
Junior A
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:49 am

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:33 am

feirmeoir wrote:Sligo drew today and now have 3 points, who else have Sligo to play (other than Offaly),

Derry.
At home.
User avatar
LooseCannon
All Star
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Probably at a match

Re: 2018 NFL

Postby Bord na Mona man » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Longford and Sligo drawing adds a slight complication.

Offaly still have to draw with, or beat Sligo to avoid relegation. Derry play Wexford next weekend and would be expected to win.
That would leave the table:

Derry - 4
Offaly – 4
Sligo – 3
Wexford -0

Offaly’s head to head against Derry puts them at a disadvantage. Derry are happy to finish level with Offaly in two-way tie scenario. Even in a 3 way tie situation, Offaly’s points difference is weak.

Sligo play Derry on the last day. If Derry believed they were already safe, they could phone it in and let Sligo move to 5 points with a win. Offaly would then have to get a result (draw or better) in Dunnes Stores Park. Luckily Derry can’t be certain that Offaly won’t get a result in Mullingar. So they will feel they need to perform against Sligo. Derry winning here would be the cleanest way for Offaly to stay up.

A few scenarios:
    - If Offaly lose to Sligo, Offaly are relegated
    - Offaly beat Sligo and Westmeath, Offaly are safe
    - If Offaly beat Sligo and lose to Westmeath, the following possibilities occur.

1) If Wexford suddenly resurge and win their last 2 games against Derry and Armagh. Offaly would be in inferior points difference bother in the scenario of Derry, Offaly Wexford finishing on 4 points - Offaly relegated
2) Sligo beat Derry, after Derry beating Wexford. - Offaly relegated
3) Derry beat or draw with Sligo - Sligo relegated

There are the possibilities of Offaly draws, but that would take another couple of pages to work out.
User avatar
Bord na Mona man
All Star
 
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests