2018 NFL

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
LooseCannon
All Star

Re: 2018 NFL

Post by LooseCannon »

Buttons wrote:Don't know why they always put Gerry Spollen Ballinamere, it is Ballinamere in hurling and Durrow in football.
Do Clara not have anyone involved this year with Guilfoyle gone.

I took it as per Offaly GAA’s social media channels, and to be fair, they’re generally spot on, generally
. I think it is his ‘first club’ akin to Jack Clancy's club being put down as Belmont when he was playing for the u21s last year, or I recall Darragh Corbett hurling with the u21s a few years ago, with his own club (Shannonbridge) down on the programme, as opposed to Belmont, who he was a permission player with.
Good Luck

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

greenairfield wrote:I'd go with Duignan personally
Both of them are nauseating to say the least.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

Duignan and Regan although not everyones favourites have a strong passion for the game, anyone that saw a minor or u21 hurling game involving Ballinamere could see this.
2 minor titles for b/d he has to be doing something right.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Buttons wrote:Duignan and Regan although not everyones favourites have a strong passion for the game, anyone that saw a minor or u21 hurling game involving Ballinamere could see this.
2 minor titles for b/d he has to be doing something right.
And did you ever see anyone to milk managing a team to a county minor championship as much? Embarrassing!

DoingUntold
Senior
Club: St Rynaghs

Post by DoingUntold »

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

https://soundcloud.com/sportsjoe-gaa-ho ... erson-snub

From 27 mins up to around 43, I think.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Stephen Wallace and his Management Team have selected their panel to line out against Armagh in the 4th Round of the Allianz National Football League on Sunday at 2.30pm in Bord na Mona, O'Connor Park.

1. Patrick Dunican (Shamrocks)
2. Declan Hogan (Tullamore)
3. Paul McConway (Tullamore)
4. Sean Pender (Edenderry)
5. David Dempsey (Ballycommon)
6. Shane Nally (Ferbane)
7. Niall Darby (Rhode)
8. Peter Cunningham (Bracknagh)
9. Michael Brazil (Tullamore)
10. Jordan Hayes (Edenderry)
11. Anton Sullivan (Rhode)
12. Cian Donohue (St. Brigid's)
13. Bernard Allen (Tubber)
14. Conor Carroll (Raheen)
15. Nigel Dunne (Shamrocks)

16. Alan Mulhall (Walsh Island)
17. Shane Tierney (Daingean)
18. Cian Johnson (Ferbane)
19. Craig Dunne (Gracefield)
20. David Brady (Edenderry)
21. Conor McNamee (Rhode)
22. James Lalor (Raheen)
23. Sean Doyle (Edenderry)
24. Aaron Hensey (Tullamore)
25. Jack Egan (Ferbane)
26. Eoin Carroll (Cappincur)

Cian Donohue returns.
I’m disappointed that Rohan isn’t in the goals. By all accounts, he had a solid outing in Celtic Park.
Good Luck

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Went to game today hopeful to see some hope to cling to regarding progress. I came away disappointed but not surprised.

We were set up to minimise their scores and showed little ambition to play and or attack Armagh with any purpose. We were never really in the game and winners looked obvious from first ten minutes. They moved with purpose when they had to. We were static, lateral and backwards with our movement and support play.

We set up to contain. On more than one stage we had everybody inside our own 65. This is the only reason we kept score down and Armagh had lot of wides in second half.

Another disappointing thing for me is our obvious lack of physicality. Pat Flanagan for all his faults had embraced modern methods of sport science and had good S&C coach involved. Today we were turned over numerous times in contact by much better conditioned players. Are the players in the gym or who is doing the fitness work because we just look off the pace and had another very slow start.

Would be hopeful down the line that returning senior players can help bolster a bad situation and that younger lads learn from the experience. I just don't see where they are going with what is going on presently.
jimbob

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

[quote="jimbob17"]Went to game today hopeful to see some hope to cling to regarding progress. I came away disappointed but not surprised.

We were set up to minimise their scores and showed little ambition to play and or attack Armagh with any purpose. We were never really in the game and winners looked obvious from first ten minutes. They moved with purpose when they had to. We were static, lateral and backwards with our movement and support play.

We set up to contain. On more than one stage we had everybody inside our own 65. This is the only reason we kept score down and Armagh had lot of wides in second half.

Another disappointing thing for me is our obvious lack of physicality. Pat Flanagan for all his faults had embraced modern methods of sport science and had good S&C coach involved. Today we were turned over numerous times in contact by much better conditioned players. Are the players in the gym or who is doing the fitness work because we just look off the pace and had another very slow start.
Would be hopeful down the line that returning senior players can help bolster a bad situation and that younger lads learn from the experience. I just don't see where they are going with what is going on presently.

I never thought Offaly would beat Armagh yesterday, but seeing most of the team including forwards in their own half for most of the game was disappointing. In the second half we had a strong breeze, but took 16 minutes to raise a white flag in that period. Why Offaly did not press on and attack was hard to grasp Offaly had played reasonably well in the first half, and I thought they would have a go at Armagh in the second period.
Lateral passing, backwards and sideways, and in one case back to the goalkeeper,when 6 points down showed a defensive mentality.

Division 4 beckons.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Slightly alarming.
As luck would have it, I was in bed with the flu.
I reckon that we’ll beat Sligo and Wexford, however it’ll be the Westmeath game that will determine our fate.
I heard that Eoin Carroll got 20 minutes at the end. That has to be a positive.

Who played well?

It’s such a pity that some lads are travelling, others not willing to commit, etc. We’d have a decent chance at promotion if we’d everyone on board.
Unfortunately, that’s not the case.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Offaly will play Wexford at Innovate Wexford Park on Saturday in Division 3 with a 3pm throw-in.
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Saturday's Div 3 Allianz NFL Rd5 game Offaly V Wexford has been changed from Innovate Wexford Park to ST PATRICKS PARK in Enniscorthy at 3pm
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Stephen Wallace and his Management Team have announced the Offaly panel to line out against Wexford on Saturday 10th March at 3pm in St Patrick's Park, Enniscorthy in the 5th Round of the Allianz National Football League.

1. Paddy Dunican - (Shamrocks)
2. Declan Hogan (Tullamore)
3. Paul McConway (Tullamore)
4. Sean Pender (Edenderry)
5. David Dempsey (Ballycommon)
6. Shane Nally (Ferbane)
7. Niall Darby (Rhode)
8. Peter Cunningham (Bracknagh)
9. Michael Brazil (Tullamore)
10. Jordan Hayes (Edenderry)
11. Anton Sullivan (Rhode)
12. Cian Donohue (St. Brigid's)
13. Bernard Allen (Tubber)
14. Conor Carroll (Raheen)
15. Nigel Dunne (Shamrocks)

16. Alan Mulhall (Walsh Island)
17. Shane Tierney (Daingean)
18. Cian Johnson (Ferbane)
19. Craig Dunne (Gracefield)
20. David Brady (Edenderry)
21. Conor McNamee (Rhode)
22. James Lalor (Raheen)
23. Sean Doyle (Edenderry)
24. Aaron Hensey (Tullamore)
25. Jack Egan (Ferbane)
26. Bobby O'Dea (Durrow)
Good Luck

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Radio 3 an absolute disaster, no commentary on the Wexford match
Good Luck

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Is the game even on?

It’s not on the fixtures on hogan stand.
Doon exile....