Offaly hurling manager??

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Killeighman
All Star

Re: Offaly hurling manager??

Post by Killeighman »

In terms of new lads in Eoghan Cahill, Daniel Maloney, Enda Grogan, Aidan Treacy are in just to name a few. I'd imagine there is a few more on top of that. Looking forward to the games coming thick and fast from now to see what we have.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

It's okay Jimbob. The key part if the sentence was that Sam 'heard'. As in, the Holy Ghost or other spiritual being came to Drumcullen and told sam these things in a vision.
If I came on here with everything I heard in a pub, I'd be the laughing stock of the site very long.

Happy 2017, y'all. Hope to meet some of you at a match that I haven't met in person before.
jimbob17 wrote:Is there a bit of problem if he is "hoping to get them back"!
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

Plain of the Herbs I hear G Cahill has join Johnny Dooley as selector which look positive, Kevin Ryan has two good hurlers on board. Neither were involved in picking the panel but from what I hear the panel isn't complete yet .There are a few guys to come back in a few weeks .
Maybe ur ask ur friends in Drumcullen to ask the Holy Ghost to bring us some decent performance in 2017.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Yet again on this site you are incorrect. Last year's U21 management, while consulted, absolutely did not pick the Senior squad.

Up to yourself, of course, but perhaps you shouldn't throw up misleading information here which, when eventually proven incorrect, only serves to make a show of yourself. And probably best if information of the "how true that is either, I don't know" is clarified to some degree. Unless your plan is to mislead people.
sam88885a wrote:Im told 36 guys were called in ,most are really young lads,lots of u 21 and that last years u21 managment picked the squad , how true that is either i dont know.
It early days we dont have selectors in place yet.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

Plain of the Herbs its u that is trying to mislead ,Kevin Ryan said on the radio that u21 managment picked the panel as he had not found selectors at that time.
We are in a new year now and we have a win under our belt. Johnny Dooley and Gary Cahill are now on board so lets look forward .

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Official attendance 584 for today's game in Birr! Bring hurling back to O'connor park quick!!!!! :D

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

There wouldnt have been 84 people at it if it was on in Tullamore.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

Offaly were lucky in my opinion. Struggled especially in the half forward line but C Doughan struggled too at centre back.
O Kelly stared again

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

Being on the beer @ the offaly awards could be the reason for C Doughan's poor display.

Good to see Oisin Kelly starting where he left off last year and Sean Cleary finally stepping up to the plate.

Half forward has always will be our problem. We need the big men like Conor Mahon, Joe Bergin, Shane Kinsella, Emeet Nolan, Cialain Kiely and Collie Egan.
Sean Ryan @ 10 isnt goin to win puckouts.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

I've listened back to Radio 3's interview with Kevin Ryan which was recorded shortly after his appointment, and Kevin Ryan said no such thing. Unless you'd like to produce Kevin Ryan's quote your fantasy is relying on. Otherwise it sounds very much like you are making it up yourself.

Significantly, your initial assertion was qualified with the words "how true that is either i dont know" (November 29th) and now you're telling us Kevin Ryan said it on the radio, when in actual fact that isn't true. Walter Mitty stuff.
sam88885a wrote:Plain of the Herbs its u that is trying to mislead ,Kevin Ryan said on the radio that u21 managment picked the panel as he had not found selectors at that time.
We are in a new year now and we have a win under our belt. Johnny Dooley and Gary Cahill are now on board so lets look forward .

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

Fair enough i must have misunderstood what Kevin Ryan was saying on the radio but that was back in November ,things have move on now he has a panel there now and 2 good selectors and a lot of work to be done .Look forward and cheer up Plain Of the Herbs

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Been on the beer is not really an issue..ridiculous statement he's entitled to so what he wants specially after winning such an award.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

greenairfield wrote:Been on the beer is not really an issue..ridiculous statement he's entitled to so what he wants specially after winning such an award.
I Agree the lad is entitled to enjoy winning his award ,he earned it

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/ke ... ng-manager

Here the interview.
Ryan states that he watch the County Final Video and Rynagh's vs the Wexford Champions.
At 12.14 in the interview he states that the U21 mangement had a large input into picking the Panel.

So last Sunday the list of players that Ryan had seen hurler for there club in 2016 was Ben Connelly, Aidan Treacy and Pat Camon.
Unless Ryan picking name out of a hat the rest HAD(unless there someone else pick the panel and Ryan forgot to state it ) to be pick by the u21 management cause Ryan hadn't seen them play. Flynn and Lockwell Knowledge of Offaly Club hurling would be Short I believe.
Sean Ryan he seen on video, that it.

I don't know much about the Drumcullen Holy Ghost. But it look like Mystic Meg is still working in Lusmagh.

Congrats to Conor It's January lads and congrats to Joachim Kelly on the Hall of Fame, everyone know he a legend.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Ah, here.

The U21 management did not select the Senior panel, and Kevin Ryan’s interview does not back up your claim. For the avoidance of doubt, Kevin Ryan in the radio interview said “. . . had a serious input from the U21 management in the picking a panel”. This is correct.

It is a matter of fact that the U21 management were consulted regarding hurlers who were on 2016’s U21 panel. I should also point out that there is nothing wrong with the U21 management being consulted. But following that consultation with the U21 management, the Senior management selected the Senior panel.

I see you are continuing to make it up as you go along, and this time unashamedly so. Up to yourself, you have no credibility here anyway. But I would also point out that you are causing offence to some individuals (not me, I hasten to add) who do not post here, with your incorrect assertion that the U21 management selected the Senior panel. This is why I am being steadfast with this key point.
Toxicity234 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/ke ... ng-manager
Here the interview.
Ryan states that he watch the County Final Video and Rynagh's vs the Wexford Champions.
At 12.14 in the interview he states that the U21 mangement had a large input into picking the Panel.

So last Sunday the list of players that Ryan had seen hurler for there club in 2016 was Ben Connelly, Aidan Treacy and Pat Camon.
Unless Ryan picking name out of a hat the rest HAD(unless there someone else pick the panel and Ryan forgot to state it ) to be pick by the u21 management cause Ryan hadn't seen them play. Flynn and Lockwell Knowledge of Offaly Club hurling would be Short I believe.
Sean Ryan he seen on video, that it.

I don't know much about the Drumcullen Holy Ghost. But it look like Mystic Meg is still working in Lusmagh.

Congrats to Conor It's January lads and congrats to Joachim Kelly on the Hall of Fame, everyone know he a legend.