Offaly hurling manager??

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kevin
All Star

Re: Offaly hurling manager??

Post by Kevin »

kaiserchief wrote:i agree with all your comments.. the only thing i will highlight is that things can't get any worse
Cringe whenever I see or hear this. I hope to God you are right, of course - but it is far from given.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Hurleyman36
Junior B
Club: Kilcormac Killoughey

Post by Hurleyman36 »

Any update on senior hurling manager

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I somehow doubt it.

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

people on here mentioning liam sheedy anthony daly or anthony cunningham..i think thats not realistic.would you expect mourinho or klopp to take over oldham athletic or wigan? it wont happen. any good unemployed manager will want to go somewhere that has a good minor or under 21 team coming up..

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

biffinbanner wrote:people on here mentioning liam sheedy anthony daly or anthony cunningham..i think thats not realistic.would you expect mourinho or klopp to take over oldham athletic or wigan? it wont happen. any good unemployed manager will want to go somewhere that has a good minor or under 21 team coming up..
Michael Bond :D :D :D
Good Luck

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

biffinbanner wrote:people on here mentioning liam sheedy anthony daly or anthony cunningham..i think thats not realistic.would you expect mourinho or klopp to take over oldham athletic or wigan? it wont happen. any good unemployed manager will want to go somewhere that has a good minor or under 21 team coming up..
Very true. Has Danny Owens expressed any interest in taking the job?

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

Club championship up to semi finals stage ,is there any word on a manager ??? have we a short list yet???

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Playing Dublin 27th of January in national league. No manager.
What going on?

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

timber wrote:What is happening with the hurling? this should be all sorted.

Is it true K Martin was/is the preferred candidate but talks may have broken down and its between D Owens and P Kirwan? I am hoping this holds no substance.
Doesn't matter who they appoint, The county board won't back them. They promise the earth, moon and star but as per normal no one will get paid.
“Common sense is not so common.”

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Toxicity234 wrote:
timber wrote:What is happening with the hurling? this should be all sorted.

Is it true K Martin was/is the preferred candidate but talks may have broken down and its between D Owens and P Kirwan? I am hoping this holds no substance.
Doesn't matter who they appoint, The county board won't back them. They promise the earth, moon and star but as per normal no one will get paid.
There are no candidates rushing to take the job, that is the reality. it looks like an internal appointment, I don't know what happened to Kevin Martin, he seemed to be the man up to last week.

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Good Luck

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

K Martin is set to be appointed Offaly hurling manager , i think he is ideal
The last 3 managers were terrible and didnt call in enough to have A verses B games .
That may have been the CB fault trying to save money .
Hopefully the CB wont tie his hand and will back him and i hope he get the support of the hurling clubs in south Offaly especially KK and Rynagh who are the 2 top club in Offaly for the last 6 years.

Hopefully he can develop young lads like O Kelly B Connelly C Doughan C Kiely R Hughes E Nolan etc into senior county hurlers and he can retain S Dooley J Bergin J Dempsey and S Ryan for another season at least and get Gary Connelly G Kelly C Egan E Murphy J Gorman C Mahon and D Currams to come back on board for 2018 .

In 2013 O Baker has us competing ,the last 3 managers did huge harm hopefully K Martin can get us back to 2013 level during his term but he will need proper support from every club manager in Offaly .
He is highly regarded and i have heard that a number of those guys that walked away from Offaly would consider going back under K Martin if asked.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I was liking your comment until you got to the calling lads back in area.

Some of these guys have left for every manager because they wern't been givin a fair go or fell out with the CB. To get these lads you named back the first thing Kevin will have to do is put measures in to ensure players are fairly treated by the county board.

I agree we need the likes of Mahon Currams Chris McDonald, Thomas Gerathy, Dermot Mooney, Colin Egan back on the panel.

Apparantly Martin is contacting and meeting players over the last week. Hopefully he is getting a good response.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Just want to pick up on Searing Drive point about not a lot of manager wanting the job.
There good reason for that. The County Board are impossible to work with.
There is still professional people involved last year that still haven't been paid.
If you agree a fee and do the job you should expect to be paid.
And lets face facts If there telling me, there telling everyone.

Kevin Martin could be a good appointment. If he has the Balls to do what need to be done.
The Dead wood around the Squad that turn up to training but don't put in the effort on the field, need to be felled.
Changing the meaning of commitment. from lifting weights to lifting your teammate with your commitment in the middle of a battle.
For a team that trying to play the game to a team that impose there game Physical 1st.
For a team of show ponies to a team of work horses.
We had Bad years, Trying the same thing year after year. And year and year we got worse.

It time a change of approach.
Let priority Commitment and Hard work on the field (that not saying you can get away with murder off it).
Let treat the players like adults, Not kids. And understand that adults have to be trusted, to eat right and look after themselves.
Let's protect our young players. Let's pick a Physical big team.

Let's get back to been Loved and Hated for Been B.I.F.F.O.
This year I don't care about system. I care about commitment on the field.
I want to see our players lay oppentant with hard shoulders and anything else we can get away with.
Enough of this nice stuff.
It's time to MAN THE FUCK UP and as Brian Cody, Jackie Tyrell, Tommy Walsh and The Rock said.
"It's not about dying on the field it about killing on the field."
We seen Galway improve then they added a Hard man to the Centre back position.
It's time Offaly hurling went back to pick Mean, Hard, Bog Oak tough Men.
If your not will to pull we're not willing to pick you.
If your not willing to Work and Hit and fight and annoy then we're not willing to pick you.

It's time to forgot our history, we may not be All Ireland contenders(but we not the crap we seen for the last 15 years as well) but we can made life miserable for an team that crosses our path. I want to hear other team say an AAAWWWW not the Fucking Biffo, They fucking kills us.

The one thing that ALL BIFFO have going for us is that we're mental Tough as nails. When we are in a Battle/War. We don't lose. THIS IS OUR GREATEST ASSET.
We got to use this asset at all levels.
This year when it come to trying to block/hook someone or hitting with everything you got. If a player pick the 1st thing he should be off the team.
If you in the Dressing Room and you look around. you should see 30 Men focused not on a match but on the Battle that lays ahead.
The Last said before Leaving the Dressing Room
"This is a battle, Dead men don't win Battle. They don't calls us Big Ignorant Fucker for nothing. let go make them hurt."
“Common sense is not so common.”

LooseCannon
All Star

Post by LooseCannon »

Toxicity234 wrote:Just want to pick up on Searing Drive point about not a lot of manager wanting the job.
There good reason for that. The County Board are impossible to work with.
There is still professional people involved last year that still haven't been paid.
If you agree a fee and do the job you should expect to be paid.
And lets face facts If there telling me, there telling everyone.

Kevin Martin could be a good appointment. If he has the Balls to do what need to be done.
The Dead wood around the Squad that turn up to training but don't put in the effort on the field, need to be felled.
Changing the meaning of commitment. from lifting weights to lifting your teammate with your commitment in the middle of a battle.
For a team that trying to play the game to a team that impose there game Physical 1st.
For a team of show ponies to a team of work horses.
We had Bad years, Trying the same thing year after year. And year and year we got worse.

It time a change of approach.
Let priority Commitment and Hard work on the field (that not saying you can get away with murder off it).
Let treat the players like adults, Not kids. And understand that adults have to be trusted, to eat right and look after themselves.
Let's protect our young players. Let's pick a Physical big team.

Let's get back to been Loved and Hated for Been B.I.F.F.O.
This year I don't care about system. I care about commitment on the field.
I want to see our players lay oppentant with hard shoulders and anything else we can get away with.
Enough of this nice stuff.
It's time to MAN THE FUCK UP and as Brian Cody, Jackie Tyrell, Tommy Walsh and The Rock said.
"It's not about dying on the field it about killing on the field."
We seen Galway improve then they added a Hard man to the Centre back position.
It's time Offaly hurling went back to pick Mean, Hard, Bog Oak tough Men.
If your not will to pull we're not willing to pick you.
If your not willing to Work and Hit and fight and annoy then we're not willing to pick you.

It's time to forgot our history, we may not be All Ireland contenders(but we not the crap we seen for the last 15 years as well) but we can made life miserable for an team that crosses our path. I want to hear other team say an AAAWWWW not the Fucking Biffo, They fucking kills us.

The one thing that ALL BIFFO have going for us is that we're mental Tough as nails. When we are in a Battle/War. We don't lose. THIS IS OUR GREATEST ASSET.
We got to use this asset at all levels.
This year when it come to trying to block/hook someone or hitting with everything you got. If a player pick the 1st thing he should be off the team.
If you in the Dressing Room and you look around. you should see 30 Men focused not on a match but on the Battle that lays ahead.
The Last said before Leaving the Dressing Room
"This is a battle, Dead men don't win Battle. They don't calls us Big Ignorant Fucker for nothing. let go make them hurt."

Firstly, where are the big hard as oak men going to come out of?
That's challenge number one. I’m not deliberately trying to be pessimistic, but that’s just the way it is. Until we put some plan in place to increase playing numbers. Anything east of Clodiagh Gaels, need to form a few amalgamated underage and adult teams. Eg. Vincent’s, Broughan’s, etc
Until playing numbers are increased, there’s no realistic chance of competing for a Leinster.
Good Luck