Offaly hurling manager??

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Killeighman
All Star

Re: Offaly hurling manager??

Post by Killeighman »

This years panel is much the same as last year apart from 5 or 6 new faces which had very strong club championship campaigns which is good to see and some faces that posters on this site will be delighted to see because I have seen their names mentioned on other threads.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

[quote="Killeighman"]This years panel is much the same as last year apart from 5 or 6 new faces which had very strong club championship campaigns which is good to see and some faces that posters on this site will be delighted to see because I have seen their names mentioned on other threads.[/quote

I Heard that there are a number of guys that were involved last year that are not going back this year.
The guys i heard that are called in are very young and i assume its was preseason panel with some of the senior guys joining up later .

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

The senior players are back in training and there are a lot of young players in there too. Some players are carrying injuries of course and they will be back later in the year.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

That good to hear , i see S Dooley S Ryan J Demsey and D King all with Leinster team.
Is E Murphy and C Mahon back training???

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

No neither of those two players are back on the panel at this time

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

I hope every efford is made to get both those guys back on board .i think the team should be built around them .E Murphy leading the defence from full back and C Mahon leading the attack from center forward, both are natural leaders.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Johnny Dooley joins Offaly Senior Hurling Management Team

So according to the info from the Offical Offaly Gaa we now have Johnny Dooley as a selector.
and Paul Flynn as Coaches.
And Emmet Egan As S&C
And Gary Longwell for the Focus on the Mental side of the Game.

It a week to Christmas and our management team is really coming together.
“Common sense is not so common.”

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Delighted to see one of the GREATS on board.......

If he can pass on a bit of his skill it will be worth it......

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

sam88885a wrote:I hope every efford is made to get both those guys back on board .i think the team should be built around them .E Murphy leading the defence from full back.
E Murphy was at his peak in the '80s for Beverly Hills Cop when he was quick on his feet and delivered some decent shots. He was carrying a bit of extra conditioning for the Nutty Professor, but you could still have imagined him doing a decent job off the bench and hovering on the edge of the square.
I can't see how he could contribute at this stage of his career.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
sam88885a wrote:I hope every efford is made to get both those guys back on board .i think the team should be built around them .E Murphy leading the defence from full back.
E Murphy was at his peak in the '80s for Beverly Hills Cop when he was quick on his feet and delivered some decent shots. He was carrying a bit of extra conditioning for the Nutty Professor, but you could still have imagined him doing a decent job off the bench and hovering on the edge of the square.
can't be any worse than a few who hurl in the backs this year. even as the Nutty Professor :(

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Bord na Mona man wrote:

Almost sure he meant Eanna Murphy he of Clareen, could be wrong though.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

Murphy or Mahon not with the panel this year.

Mooney, McDonald, Egan, Connolly, Niall Wynne haven't returned to the panel.

Sean Coughlan has dropped himself off the panel

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

kaiserchief wrote:
Sean Coughlan has dropped himself off the panel
Are you saying he's dropped himself already after only a few sessions or just hasn't gone in?? Jesus it's like a badge of honour for some lads to drop themselves off the panel. Sad.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

He went in and has left since.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

kaiserchief wrote:He went in and has left since.
Wow, that must be a record!! Gone before any selectors in place. Nothing in them Clareen lads unlike their predecessors of the 80s and 90s.