Why do we not have a senior hurling manager appointed?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: Why do we not have a senior hurling manager appointed?

Post by sam88885a »

Danny Owens has been nomanated by the clubs for the offaly job,

is this this third attempt to secure the job??
Will it be third time lucky? he really want the job, he has experience behind him, his a likeable guy but i think we need a management team .
I think we should consider Danny as manager with M Duignan as assistant manager and K Martain E Coughlan J kelly along side .
That give Danny his chance which he has earned but also allows M Duignan and K Martain experence as part of the management team.
Both are potental offaly managers in my view
E Coughlan is highly rate as a hurling coach and J Kelly brings spirit and passion.

I dont think A Daly stepped away from the clare job because he wants the big money job managing offaly , we need guys that know offaly hurling and get them to hurl with a bit of spirit and purpose , which neither B Whelahan or E Kelly managed to do .

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

[quote="sam88885a"]Danny Owens has been nomanated by the clubs for the offaly job,

is this this third attempt to secure the job??
Will it be third time lucky? he really want the job, he has experience behind him, his a likeable guy but i think we need a management team .
I think we should consider Danny as manager with M Duignan as assistant manager and K Martain E Coughlan J kelly along side .
That give Danny his chance which he has earned but also allows M Duignan and K Martain experence as part of the management team.
Both are potental offaly managers in my view
E Coughlan is highly rate as a hurling coach and J Kelly brings spirit and passion.

I dont think A Daly stepped away from the clare job because he wants the big money job managing offaly , we need guys that know offaly hurling and get them to hurl with a bit of spirit and purpose , which neither B Whelahan or E Kelly managed to do .[/quote
Personally I favour an outside manager. How many clubs have nominated Danny Owens, are there other candidates?
Have the other individuals mentioned expressed any interest in being part of the Offaly SH set up.?

Keyser Soze
Intermediate
Club: S Club 7

Post by Keyser Soze »

Is E Coughlan Eugene?

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Éamonn Coghlan, the (retired) athlete. He'd be a great trainer alright.
Kieran Martin is probably still committed to the Westmeath footballers, but you'd never know.
And Johnny Kelly, will he give Coolderry another year? An All-Ireland club winning manager with Portumna though, so can't be discounted.

Considering Adrian Daly and he a former Rhode goalkeeper is going a bit far though. He'd definitely want da hurling in Tullamore. Don't want that.
Keyser Soze wrote:Is E Coughlan Eugene?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

[quote="Keyser Soze"]Is E Coughlan Eugene?[/quote

I meant G Coughlan which is Ger Coughlan from kinnity who is highly rate hurling coach but Eugene Coughlan would be a big addition too,he was a brilliant full back and he would have coached Joe Bergin and most of they current Clareen team at underage level as far as i know.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Éamonn Coghlan, the (retired) athlete. He'd be a great trainer alright.
Pat Hickey to Éamonn Coghlan in 2000:
"Coghlan, you were always a fucking loser. You were a loser in the Olympics, and you fucking voted for a loser [Burrows] and you will never be part of the Olympic movement here in Ireland. Fuck off."

Pat Hickey to Éamonn Coghlan in 2017:
"Coghlan, you were always a fucking loser. You were a loser in the Olympics, and you fucking voted for a loser [Burrows], but Jesus Christ you've turned Offaly's fortunes around and I can't believe they've just won an All Ireland. Fuck off"