All Ireland Football Final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
fifitrixiebelle
All Star

All Ireland Football Final

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

prob make a nice change to start this one before the game.

id give the boys from the whest a good chance, they seem to have no fear of the dubs

SearingDrive
All Star

Re: All Ireland Football Final

Post by SearingDrive »

[quote="fifitrixiebelle"]prob make a nice change to start this one before the game.

id give the boys from the whest a good chance, they seem to have no fear of the dubs[/quote
Time to show that on Sunday. It' s last chance for some of the Mayo players.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Hard to overstate Dublin's recent track record. Dublin seems to deal just fine carrying the weight of expectation.

That stated, these are 2 top teams and will be well prepared for the big day.

I would be 'shocked' if Mayo was to win it by a wide margin, but other than that, nothing would surprise me.

Hoping for a good game and may the best team win.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Exiled in Connacht
County player

Post by Exiled in Connacht »

I think Gavin really would like to surpass the achievements of the great Dublin team of the 70s who won 3 AI titles including 2 in a row and 6 Leinsters in a row. And we all know who stopped them winning a record 7 Leinsters in a row !

The current team have won 3 AIs and 6 Leinsters in a row but really want 2, if not 3 or more AIs in a row. They are phenomenal when in full flow but of course they are not unbeatable.

Hope its a good game on Sunday. I'd be afraid that Mayo might go very negative and try and stop Dublin which could backfire. Its referee Conor Lane's first final which might make it interesting if it get's a bit tasty.

Head says Dublin, heart says Mayo !