Hurling Plan, Whats the story?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Truth as i see it
All Star

Hurling Plan, Whats the story?

Post by Truth as i see it »

Sooooooooooooooooo did the hurling plan get passed at the county board meeting or what, cause if they tried to bury it again honestly i'm gonna flip my lid and start a petition to get the board out out, seriously i'm a fair guy and i try and give people a chance but after what happened the last time the got zero credit in the bank with me so whats the story, is it passed or not?

Truth as i see it
All Star

Re: Hurling Plan, Whats the story?

Ok maybe i wouldn't go so far as to start a petition, (note to self, never type message on a forum when drunk after a match) :D :oops: :twisted: but seriously what's the story

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Truth as i see it wrote:Ok maybe i wouldn't go so far as to start a petition, (note to self, never type message on a forum when drunk after a match) :D :oops: :twisted: but seriously what's the story
U.K.to leave EU

Truth as i see it
All Star

SearingDrive wrote:
Truth as i see it wrote:Ok maybe i wouldn't go so far as to start a petition, (note to self, never type message on a forum when drunk after a match) :D :oops: :twisted: but seriously what's the story
U.K.to leave EU
We're now nearly a month on from when the hurling plan was meant to be put before the county board and still no sign, i asked the question at the top of the thread if anyone knows whats going on and all i got was a smartass reply, if we don't continue to ask questions and keep on top of this it will be another year before we hear of another leaked report of a plan that was never implemented so if (and looks likely to be when) that happens instead of coming onto this forum to whinge about it ask yourself why didn't you ask these kinds of questions to the county board yourself

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Excuse my ignorance, but I think this was to be addressed at the Board meeting following our exit from the Senior Championship (?).

If that is correct (or if someone can confirm) the next question is: Has there been a Board meeting since this time or are we still waiting on the next one?
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

There was aBoard meeting last Tuiesday week, the 12th. According to media reports, the Plan was approved, has been circulated to clubs and is expected to be posted on the Offaly GAA site in the near future.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Truth as i see it
All Star

Plain of the Herbs wrote:There was aBoard meeting last Tuiesday week, the 12th. According to media reports, the Plan was approved, has been circulated to clubs and is expected to be posted on the Offaly GAA site in the near future.
Yeah i may have been a bit too hasty in writing that post (well both of them really) i had it confirmed by a friend of mine that the plan was indeed passed last Tuesday, i just couldn't find anything online about it until i spoke to my friend, so its good to know that things are finally in motion, the fact that it went through without any objections is very encouraging so well done to the county board and development plan committee. It looks like we're finally moving in the right direction

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Truth as i see it wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:There was aBoard meeting last Tuiesday week, the 12th. According to media reports, the Plan was approved, has been circulated to clubs and is expected to be posted on the Offaly GAA site in the near future.
Yeah i may have been a bit too hasty in writing that post (well both of them really) i had it confirmed by a friend of mine that the plan was indeed passed last Tuesday, i just couldn't find anything online about it until i spoke to my friend, so its good to know that things are finally in motion, the fact that it went through without any objections is very encouraging so well done to the county board and development plan committee. It looks like we're finally moving in the right direction
Thanks for the update POTH!

Truth - no harm in asking. We can't afford for this to sit around another 15 months after all !!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Truth as i see it wrote:
Hello Truth, smart ass here! POTH has confirmed about hurling review plan. I see from TT that the football review committee will present their report to the September Co. Board meeting. Hopefully both games will benefit from the hard work of the respective groups, and Offaly will be serious contenders in Leinster hurling and football.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

No bother at all, T. Best ask the questions anyway. Art of the reason the report lay undisturbed for so long was that no-one asked the questions. Until it was sent to the media in the aftermath of the Westmeath episode.

I suppose with the Board meetings being on Tuesday nights, by which time the local paper has gone to press, kept news from travelling for a week.
Truth as i see it wrote:
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Truth as i see it
All Star

SearingDrive wrote:
Truth as i see it wrote:
Hello Truth, smart ass here! POTH has confirmed about hurling review plan. I see from TT that the football review committee will present their report to the September Co. Board meeting. Hopefully both games will benefit from the hard work of the respective groups, and Offaly will be serious contenders in Leinster hurling and football.
Ok fair point, As i say i was hasty in writing the post and just a tad frustrated at the lack of info coming out as i feared it would be a repeat of the fiasco a few weeks ago and the fact that all i got in reply to a question was (in fairness) a well placed quip :wink: but as i say good to know that things are moving along and being more of a football fan (though i do like my hurling too) i'm delighted to hear that the Football plan will be presented at the September meeting of the county board

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

No problem, every journey starts with a small step. Maybe things are coming together for Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

After the fixtures were annouched for the next round of hurling you can see things aren't coming together nore will they be once old them guys are in charge.

Exiled in Connacht
County player

Post by Exiled in Connacht »

The hurling plan will have to proceed without Eamonn Kelly as the twitter machine says he has resigned - https://twitter.com/IrishMirror/status/ ... 5141373952

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Who will they go for now , I doubt there's a long line looking for the job.