Offaly v Laois LSHC Quarter-final, Sunday 5th June

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Kevin
All Star

Re: Offaly v Laois LSHC Quarter-final, Sunday 5th June

Post by Kevin »

http://offaly.gaa.ie/2016/06/03/offaly- ... c-v-laois/

Offaly Team LSHC V Laois

June 3rd, 2016 | News
Offaly team has been named for Leinster Senior Hurling Clash v Laois Sunday at 3:30pm in O’Connor Park.

1 GK James Dempsey Kinnitty
2 Paddy Rigney Kinnitty
3 Dermot Shortt St Rynagh’s
4 Chris McDonald Brosna Gaels
5 Dermot Mooney Seir Kieran
6 Sean Gardiner Lusmagh
7 David King Coolderry
8 Sean Ryan Birr
9 Pat Camon St Rynagh’s
10 Paddy Murphy Ballinamere
11 Joe Bergin Seir Kieran
12 Shane Kinsella Kinnitty
13 Kevin Connolly Coolderry
14 James Mulrooney Seir Kieran
15 Shane Dooley Tullamore
Subs
16 GK Oisin Mahon Kilcormac/Killoughey
17 Cillian Kiely Kilcormac Killoughey
18 Sean Cleary Shinrone
19 Paudge Guinan Drumcullen
20 Jason Sampson Shinrone
21 Dan Kelleher Brosna Gaels
22 Niall Wynne St Rynagh’s
23 Colin Egan Belmont
24 Liam Langton Clodiagh Gaels
25 Ben Conneely St Rynagh’s
26 Adrian Cleary Shinrone
Related Stories
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Offaly team from last year
1.J Dempsey; ,...................James Dempsey
2.D King (0-01), .................Paddy Rigney
3.D Shortt, .......................Dermot Shortt
4.N Wynne; ,.....................Chris McDonald
5.C Parlon, ......................Dermot Mooney
6.C Egan,........................Sean Gardiner
7.P Camon; ......................David King
8.S Ryan, .........................Sean Ryan
9.E Nolan (0-01); ................Pat Camon
10.P Murphy,.......................Paddy Murphy
11.D Currams (0-04), ............Joe Bergin
12.J Bergin (0-01);...............Shane Kinsella
13.S Dooley (0-10, 9f, 1 65), ...Kevin Connolly
14.J Mulrooney, .................James Mulrooney
15.B Carroll (0-03)................S Dooley

Comparing the team to last years. the defence is at least full of defenders but physical not as strong.
Midfield is not as good. Camon preforamce the last day was really poor.
The half forward line is better Kinsella is a better half foward than Bergin. So now we have two half fowards in the half forward line.
The full forward line is weaker. Connolly has a lot of speed but not the finishing of Carroll. Connolly spend to much time out of position.
But overall we maybe better than last year.

The other side Laois are a bit behind where they were last year so we have a great chance tomorrow and best of luck to everyone.
“Common sense is not so common.”

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Sharp Eye wrote:Very Strange club representation on the Offaly Senior Team Brosna Gaels have a member on the team, Kinnitty have 3 members on the team, Seir Kieran have 3 members on the team. The strongest club in Offaly Kilcormac/Killoughey have just 2 subs.
Very hard have Kicormac lads on the team when they won't hurl with Offaly. At least the Seir Kieran and Kinnitty lads all decided to hurl with their county when asked.

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

Not going to go into much depth here but just going to wish the lads the best of luck tomorrow. Hopefully the games in the round robin will stand to us.

Offaly by 4
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

frankthetank wrote:
Sharp Eye wrote:Very Strange club representation on the Offaly Senior Team Brosna Gaels have a member on the team, Kinnitty have 3 members on the team, Seir Kieran have 3 members on the team. The strongest club in Offaly Kilcormac/Killoughey have just 2 subs.
Very hard have Kicormac lads on the team when they won't hurl with Offaly. At least the Seir Kieran and Kinnitty lads all decided to hurl with their county when asked.
Very hard to hurl for the county when your given the choice between to job/College or hurling for you county.
That goes for the Lads from Rynagh's, Birr and other club where the commitment there asked to give to hurl for the county is impossible and a manager than is to busy trying to discipline lads instead of working with them.
A manager job is to bring a team together not split them apart.
I think there something sinister going on in the back of Offaly hurling, Every managers treats some players like there ill-disciplined form the time they walk into the dress room. Some high up is feeding the manager shit, Know that the manager will react incorrectly and the players will leave.
Kelly another manager when he joined was lead by the nose for the 1st few months, Word has it now he starting to wise up.
Now if he wants to get players back he need the personal touch. He need to go and sit down with the lads and see if not this year then next. will they help him and how explain how they can make his life easier and listen to there need as well. Some won't be able to commit but some will.
members of the panel have jointed in since January look as fit or fitter than some lads that have been training since November.
“Common sense is not so common.”

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

A lot of the problem is hurling snobbery .
The so called hurling people think you must go to either birr or banagher school to be an offaly hurler. We all heard about the 9 mile circle around birr that is offaly hurling .
Kk are outside that and so are made feel as outsiders .
Joe Dooley dislike for kk and his blind loyalty to Seir Kierans did huge harm to the prospects of those kk lads ever hurling for offaly , and S Dooley has made sure that kk lads are not welcome into the offaly set up. B Carroll also is to blame .
All 3 have had a really damaging effect on offaly hurling off the field .

Kk have beating offaly recently in a challange ,i guess that when the penny dropped with E Kelly that these kk guys are not the Godshites that people say .
The harm is done now and we are where we are , hopefully we can beat laois .
Intrestingly C Kiely got his first 2 starts for offaly against Carlow and Kerry when he had a bad arm injury and now thats its better he is dropped. Who is picking the team S Dooley ?
I am worried about tomorrow

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

sam88885a wrote:A lot of the problem is hurling snobbery .
The so called hurling people think you must go to either birr or banagher school to be an offaly hurler. We all heard about the 9 mile circle around birr that is offaly hurling .
Joe Dooley dislike for kk and his blind loyalty to Seir Kierans did huge harm to the prospects of those kk lads ever hurling for offaly , and S Dooley has made sure that kk lads are not welcome into the offaly set up. B Carroll also is to blame .

Kk have beating offaly recently in a challange ,i guess that when the penny dropped with E Kelly that these kk guys are not the Godshites that people say .
Intrestingly C Kiely got his first 2 starts for offaly against Carlow and Kerry when he had a bad arm injury and now thats its better he is dropped. Who is picking the team S Dooley ?
I was once a frequent enough poster on this site, but for some reason or another I stopped posting a while back, but still follow the forum and read as much as ever. The reason I logged back in tonight, after a good 15 minutes of trying to remember my password was to plead with someone, somewhere, that has the power to remove this fella from the site. The accusations being thrown around here are ridiculous, and not the first time my stomach has been turned by reading a post from this member.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Some awful accusations going on there Sam.

You really love K/K every post is talking up your guys, your even using a sore arm as an excuse now for Kiely not been started.

I'm sure Eamon Kelly goes out to pick his best team every day he goes ou to play much you must realise that.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Hi O2010,
I agree with you that Sam posts awful shyte, and would probably clear a pub in pissing time. And that this latest diatribe takes the biscuit.

But the site here is akin to a public place (like a pub or a workplace) where there is a spectrum of genuine people with a quota of gobshytes who you would ignore. I wouldn't be for banning someone because you don't agree with someone though. And some day we will figure out who Sam is, because they will leave enough clues. I figured out who Townman was because he left enough clues. And then they can face society with their years of idiotic comments. That day will come. For the moment, there is the possibility Sam and Toxicity are the same person. Just a possibility, mind.
Offaly2010 wrote:I was once a frequent enough poster on this site, but for some reason or another I stopped posting a while back, but still follow the forum and read as much as ever. The reason I logged back in tonight, after a good 15 minutes of trying to remember my password was to plead with someone, somewhere, that has the power to remove this fella from the site. The accusations being thrown around here are ridiculous, and not the first time my stomach has been turned by reading a post from this member.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Oh dear Lord!

Sam, some day someone will figure out who you are, and you will be sorry.

At the time I myself was critical of some of Joe Dooley's decisions during his management, but I freely admit he (and Benny and Pat Moloughney) did more good than harm during that time. I retain massive respect for Shane Dooley's contribution to Offaly and I completely disagree "Brian Carroll is also to blame". Completely and totally. You absolutely couldn't argue that Joe Dooley had a dislike for Kilcormac-Killoughey (or maybe you mean Kilkenny, it's hard to distinguish when you lazily abbreviate to "kk"), for Joe, Benny and Pat gave several K-K hurlers game time during the 2008 league campaign and one by one they were correctly discarded when summertime conditions proved they were not up to the pace of summertime hurling. I would also vehemently argue your point that Joe showed a "blind loyalty" to Clareen men. Janey, it'd be great if Eóin Coughlan, Éanna Murphy and Seán Coughlan were in a position to commit to Offaly currently, but unfortunately they can't.

Sam, from your posts you are a bit like someone with a dangerous addiction, everyone sees you are in a bad place but no-one is going to tell you you've got a problem. I'm not going to advise you to stop posting. Rather, keep posting, it's probably therapy for you and you will leave an embarrassing (for you) trail somewhere along the line.

To conclude, I'm backing Éamonn Kelly, and I salute the contributions Joe Dooley, Shane Dooley and Brian Carroll have made to Offaly hurling.

Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

its 50 50 hard to know who will win it, if you look back on offalys displays since they beat wexford in the league they went down hill fast, at home to limerick, kerry in birr, the no turn up in nowlan park, the worse display in that i can remember in mullinger, carlow best forgot about, and the last day again kerry, we might have won by 9 points but theres no way we were 9 points the better side.

which leads us to today leix wont be simple like last yera this is there all ireland always has been, they always raise for offaly all down the years look at the 80's they would do there best to beat offaly but wouldn't be up for anyother game, last year again galway said as much.

anyway 70 minutes for this offaly team to right a few wrongs from last year and the westmeath game if offaly start like they have all year back in the dressing room this game will be over for them because i think laois are better than what we have hurl in the round robin, yes kerry beat them twice, but they beat westmeath in a play off who hammer offaly so toss of a coin . :wink: :wink:

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

sam88885a wrote:SearingDrive

Team was named last night and the only change is K Connolly is in for C Kiely
Thanks, I found it later on the Offaly GAA website.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

Lovely day for hurling hope we get revenge on laois for last year .Offaly hurling needs these young lads to beat laois.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Oh dear Lord!

Sam, some day someone will figure out who you are, and you will be sorry.

At the time I myself was critical of some of Joe Dooley's decisions during his management, but I freely admit he (and Benny and Pat Moloughney) did more good than harm during that time. I retain massive respect for Shane Dooley's contribution to Offaly and I completely disagree "Brian Carroll is also to blame". Completely and totally. You absolutely couldn't argue that Joe Dooley had a dislike for Kilcormac-Killoughey (or maybe you mean Kilkenny, it's hard to distinguish when you lazily abbreviate to "kk"), for Joe, Benny and Pat gave several K-K hurlers game time during the 2008 league campaign and one by one they were correctly discarded when summertime conditions proved they were not up to the pace of summertime hurling. I would also vehemently argue your point that Joe showed a "blind loyalty" to Clareen men. Janey, it'd be great if Eóin Coughlan, Éanna Murphy and Seán Coughlan were in a position to commit to Offaly currently, but unfortunately they can't.

Sam, from your posts you are a bit like someone with a dangerous addiction, everyone sees you are in a bad place but no-one is going to tell you you've got a problem. I'm not going to advise you to stop posting. Rather, keep posting, it's probably therapy for you and you will leave an embarrassing (for you) trail somewhere along the line.

To conclude, I'm backing Éamonn Kelly, and I salute the contributions Joe Dooley, Shane Dooley and Brian Carroll have made to Offaly hurling.

Sorry i put it incorrectly club rivalry has been a problem in galway for years as it was in offaly during Drumcullen Coolderry hay days in offaly . it wasnt a problem during the 80 or 90s.
i have no affilation to kk but its my opinion that the have the best hurlers in offaly over the last 5 years and it was clear from u12 this bunch were special . this is kk s time it wont last forever but offaly have not took advantage of it.
i think hurling snobbery was a factor . IT fine if u think differently but your suggestion that kk lads were found out as the year went on is untrue and u know that .

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

great win revenge is sweet didn't see that winning margin coming, great displays from the backs sean Ryan in midfield and Connolly, Kinsella, in the forwards worked hard, Kiely coming on for the second half was a big lift and hurl well, also great to see Emmett Nolan back in the squad. fcuk what a differents from the westmeath defeat. well done to all :D :D :D :D :D