Offaly v Carlow, Leinster round robin Saturday 7th May

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
offalyinterested
Junior C

Re: Offaly v Carlow, Leinster round robin Saturday 7th May

Post by offalyinterested »

A far bigger embarrassment than any losses we have endured in the past couple of years are the revelations of the past 24 hours. We had a plan to try and improve our terrible situation but our so called leaders chose not only not to implement it but to keep it a secret. I cant understand any possible reason why this would be done and the chairmans attempt of an excuse tonight was merely mocking and belittling the work of the review committee in my opinion. To think the cure was there for this cancer that is currently spreading through Offaly hurling but it was not administered is extremely frustrating. Equally frustrating was the county secretary's ignorant remarks today about how he couldn't explain why Offaly lost to Westmeath, does he think the people of Offaly are stupid? Furthermore what came out of tonights meeting is nothing short of farcical. Having given a poor attempt at an excuse for hiding the findings of the review committee, the chairman wasnt made to answer any of the questions he should have been and when one did come he was allowed to brush it off. This is not only a testament to the weak county board we have but to the weak delegates who are supposed to ensure that the county board are functioning correctly but who in reality let the a county board who clearly arent fit for purpose,continue with the idea that they have done nothing wrong as they keep Offaly hurling in the dark ages.

Attaboy
Junior C
Club: Offaly

Post by Attaboy »

It shows how weak the delegates are that the delay in releasing the review wasn't even questioned, not to mention the fact that they don't seem to have enquired about the status of the report any time in the last year? But come convention, will anybody be willing to take a stand for change or will it be the same again? Even if folk aren't willing to take the positions, we can at least make an effort to appoint club delegates that challenge and ask questions when they're needed.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

What can be done...can Offaly supporters call a meeting, I think a group needs to be set up to go up against the CB and get rid of them.
We can all sit here and talk about it..or delegates don't seem to care enough....we need to do something quick, or as Boland knows all this will be forgot about and they will all still keep the positons they are in.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Attaboy wrote: Even if folk aren't willing to take the positions, we can at least make an effort to appoint club delegates that challenge and ask questions when they're needed.
Yes, it should be every clubs duty now to put forward strong progressive thinking delegates that can try implement change and oust the dinosaurs that currently occupy these positions.

shamlads
Junior A

Post by shamlads »

Offaly gaa is rotten to the core.It need's a total clean out.Until that's sorted Offaly hurling will sink further.It is the laughing stock of the country at the moment of how low we have actually gone.We need another performance of "98.not from hurler's but from the supporter's.but this time go out in anger against our own CB.And make it known to the rest of the country that Offaly people take no shit.(even from our own).

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

more of the same horse shite from the cb .
to be told by the cb that guys had an off day against westmeath and we back on track after beat a 13 man carlow team and e kelly has there full backing even as offaly hurling plunges deeper in crisis each week.
it a wonder he didnt reappoint e kelly tonight .
we may as well let cow out on the new training facility in kilcormac because with those clowns in charge we soon wont have any club player that commit to our senior county teams . There are really good lads that have opted out because of these godshites .

what do we need now , sit back till the next leak comes out or may a sit down in ocp at half time of the kerry game would shame them out .
the cb have no intention of doing anything of any value.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

I cannot believe what I read on twitter. Only one delegate questioned the CB. Such absolute bollux. I am embarrassed by my own club delegates albeit not from a hurling club. How can Boland, Byrne and co get away with this? Our club delegates are a complete bunch of Yes men and it is the reason we are where we are. Nobody wants to rock the boat. They all look after their own patch and more concerned about the success of their individual club. Does nobody give a fuck about our county and more concerned with keeping the Board on side to call in a few favours down the line for fixtures or get to host a few championship games. An absolute joke.

And Midlands 103 who are one of the only outlets to challenge convention and question are basically ignored, silenced and ridiculed. No responses to their questions. Is this a dictatorship? Calling foul play on Off the Ball and then refusing to cone on air because they know they hAve no leg to stand on. My god I am livid tonight.

Tommy Byrne and co get uppity over anything that goes against the holy grail of the county board. Conflict with Club Faithful, county management over them looking to plan an overnight trip for their Wexford league match and then as the audacity to come out with a complete load of s**t in the paper.

Can we as supporters not organise a protest? Petitions, protest at next CB meeting, anything....I am so disillusioned tonight at how the CB waddle in, scamper over one question ns carry on as if nothing happened. IN ANY ORGANISATION THESE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE RESIGNED OR BEEN SACKED

I listened to Liam Hogan interview this evening. I would give that man the reins in the morning.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

After what Tommy Byrne said he should have done the decent thing tonight and resigned . There has to be a better way of electing and running things for the good of Offaly hurling and football . Not only do we need funding and support for our underage , it now looks like we need help to sort out how we run our day to day busy as the bunch that are there now are a disgrace, sitting on a report for two year what in the name of God is that about. Croke park gave €45000 to help develop underage hurling , how much of that actually went into underage ? I think at this stage we need an outsider as a manager of the county board who would run things right and demand reports on progress and development of the game , something else has to be done if all the delegates just weighted in and towed the line behind the county board what use is that !!

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3lBDpmGM3I

The hurling review/report/plan seemed to be the main focus of the day back then. It seemed urgent and it seemed like it was going to be moved a long as quick as possible. Boland is a complete Joke.

There have been other issues but even back then it was glaringly obvious that the growth/promotion and the improvement in coaching standards was what needed to be the long term project and needed most attention for hurling in the county.

They are a pack of ostriches.
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

This is why offaly won't get any more funding from croke park, the Irish sports council or leinster council other than what is due to them. they can't simply not be trusted to do the right thing. There should be no more talk about the the current Senior manager, senior players as reasons for offaly seniors failures. You don't give out about the roof of a house when the foundation is slipping into a river!!!
The meeting last night was like something that would happen in a 3rd world dictatorship. Media been blamed for highlighting the problem. Forcing the report to be brought to light!!! Should be praised for bringing it to the fore.

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

private joker wrote:This is why offaly won't get any more funding from croke park, the Irish sports council or leinster council other than what is due to them. they can't simply not be trusted to do the right thing. There should be no more talk about the current Senior manager, senior players as reasons for offaly seniors failures. You don't give out about the roof of a house when the foundation is slipping into a river!!!
The meeting last night was like something that would happen in a 3rd world dictatorship. Media been blamed for highlighting the problem. Forcing the report to be brought to light!!! Should be praised for bringing it to the fore.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

well done to Will o Callaghan , pat nolan and the local media for exposing those clowns . it up to the club delegated and offaly hurling to remove them now . if that means sit down protests so be it . get them out . former player need to come out now and back pat and will before the cb savage them.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Holy lord lads but is the level of apathy from County Board delegate's not frightening?

What is going on in there at all?
The executive of the County Board are admittedly floundering but when no one with the exception of Brian Gavin has the balls to even ask a question is it a sign that Gaelic Games in this county is on a precipice?
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

A meeting needs to be called these idiots need to be got rid of...you could easily get someone to go in and take the chair till the end of the year.

I have looked at Bolands decisions and actions since in charge he can worm his way out of anything he has neck like I don't know what..quite the politician to be honest...Byrne is a lap dog for him and there isn't much brains in him I think his report on the paper suggest how stupid he really is.

Our delegates are scared to say anyting as they are looking after their own club, as they know not to "mess" with these cowboys cos they will let your club feel the wrath of standing up against them.

worrying times will anything be done I don't know.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

greenairfield wrote:A meeting needs to be called these idiots need to be got rid of...you could easily get someone to go in and take the chair till the end of the year.
I'm afraid last night proved that our club delegates are all weak and spineless and no attempt whatsoever will be made to oust anyone from the top table.

It's embarrassment after embarrassment with Offaly GAA these days, even the national newspapers were reporting yesterday the CB are in for a "heated" reception from delegates looking for answers from the CB for the failure the implement review committees findings. Not at all, shur let them at it. Boland, Byrne and Co have driven this county into a bigger mess and they should be ran. Their actions or in this case their non actions is destroying us.

He wants to wait til we're knocked out of all Ireland to carry on with implementing findings, what difference does it make??? Pile of dung.