Offaly v Westmeath, Mullingar, Sunday 1st May

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: Offaly v Westmeath, Mullingar, Sunday 1st May

Post by sam88885a »

today is a big day from e kelly as offaly manager .
He need to get a big performance and a win today . simple as that no excuses . He has 7 months to be ready for today .In my opinion he has done some good things but has also made lots of mistakes .He seemed to come in to lay down the law and cut out the traditional " HAPPY GO LUCK WAY " of offaly .
it backfired as it did under b whelahan because he has ended up with a very inexperence team , very commited bunch but very few leaders .
A win today will vindicate his stance .
best of luck offaly

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Killeighman wrote:I have heard that there will be changes to that Offaly team before the game starts. I'm sure you will know who they are.
Just as well they don't have the internet in Westmeath, otherwise they might find out about our plans!
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

lots of change ,looks stronger now . s dooley bergin and young connelly in full forward line has potental

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

looks like we are in trouble . game plan not working

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Big trouble

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

A right mess. This has to be rock bottom.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Jaysus lads what has gone wrong with hurling in south Offaly , absolute shambles . What are you's at down there ,

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

2-22 to 1-11 breaking records for all the wrong reasons lately . Christy ring here we come

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

kingscounty wrote:Jaysus lads what has gone wrong with hurling in south Offaly , absolute shambles . What are you's at down there ,
What sort of comment is that you clown? What's being done in Edenderry and surrounding areas?? Nothing!

private joker
All Star

Post by private joker »

Bleak day for offaly. Massive win for Westmeath. Fully expect offaly to beat carlow and then the big one vs kerry.

Don't think anyone can be too shocked about result. I didn't expect it but that was based solely on offaly tradition rather than actual ability.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

allstar2010 wrote:
kingscounty wrote:Jaysus lads what has gone wrong with hurling in south Offaly , absolute shambles . What are you's at down there ,
What sort of comment is that you clown? What's being done in Edenderry and surrounding areas?? Nothing!
Absolutely nothing been done that's the problem , and by the looks of it nothing been done in the whole county .

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

Careful now lads. Absolutely zero talking down Offaly GAA allowed on this site.

The County Board is absolutely magnificent in the promotion of hurling.
Offaly hurling is magnificent.
The promotion of hurling in the county is magnificent.
We'll be winning again in no time I tell you.
Loneshark is magnificent.
uibhfhaili.com is magnificent.
We're all magnificent.
uibhfhaili ABÚ

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

The thing is, it's not even a shock anymore. Some commentators are talking as if this came out of the blue! I don't think anyone went to Mullingar expecting us to waltz around and win without any hassle. If that was the attitude then management has serious questions to ask. I feel for the players, they've busted a gut all year and now are lambs to the slaughter. Serious questions must be asked of the so called better players that turned their back on the team when needed. Clubs also need to prepare players better and as I've said before I think those players needed an extra week away from the county scene after a terrible end to the league. But anyways, two big games to redeem themselves. Let's get behind them.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

uibhfhaili wrote:Careful now lads. Absolutely zero talking down Offaly GAA allowed on this site.

The County Board is absolutely magnificent in the promotion of hurling.
Offaly hurling is magnificent.
The promotion of hurling in the county is magnificent.
We'll be winning again in no time I tell you.
Loneshark is magnificent.
uibhfhaili.com is magnificent.
We're all magnificent.
uibhfhaili ABÚ
Thanks for this really insightful post.

Snippy sarcasm and negativity will definitely make all the difference.

At least you've identified a clear path forward.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

thought i seen it all last year again laois, this was worse Sid got a hard time over it last year well they are as bad if not worse this year. Eamon Kelly is a joke at one time during the first half when we were 7 points down he just look at Connor Glesson and gave a smile he never raise his voice once playing a fcuking sweeper again westmeath god saves us, players have to take some blame to i said friday if they are not up to it or tune in we will be beaten we were after 15 minutes, Kellys team was all wrong Dooley not fit, young Connelly threw into the fullforward line this kid didn't even start in the county final last year and feck all hurling this year and Kelly the clown played him today.

we can't catch a ball we can't pass the ball our striking is junior F, the clowns that are the county board picked this guy Eamon Kelly on what ?? there were a few walking around before the game wasn't to many showing their face at fulltime, offaly are on an all time low but fcuk me we are still a bit better than what we are playing today, why are our better hurlers not in with the county team we have to sort that first, the players today can't blame them most are just average club hurler's

we need someone who knows what they are at, look how mick Ryan had westmeath today fit up for it and could hurl, offaly under Kelly unfit no hurling work done and sorry no heart or pride. but i for one was not shocked at today i seen the kerry and kilkenny displays and i said here on friday that we would be beaten if we were not up to it and so it proved. Christy Ring cup is next for this squad can't see us getting second kerry and westmeath will take them spots.

and please taxi for Eamon Kelly tonight sure to god someone in offaly could do a better job :oops: :oops: