Leinster MHC 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Leinster MHC 2016

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Yes, A.

The winner of Offaly and the winner of Wexford v Dublin both advance to the semi-final stage.

The losers of the above two ties progress to the quarter-final stage a fortnight later, where they will meet one of Leix, Westmeath, Carlow or Meath. The winners progress to the semi-finals, the loser bows out.

Another 'prize' for winning last Saturday is that, if Offaly lose to Kilkenny, they would still avoid Wexford, Dublin and Kilkenny at the quarter-final stage.

Incidentally, the Kilkenny game is a home game for Kilkenny, the last meeting of the sides at this grade having been in Tullamore in 2010.

Full details on the Leinster GAA site here:
http://www.leinstergaa.ie/leinster-gaa- ... 1.265.html
allstar2010 wrote:We still get another game if beat against Kilkenny?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

That's great, two more games at least. Onwards and upwards. Well done to all involved and keep it going.

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

Leinster MHC Kilkenny 3-25 Offaly 1-13 (FT)

Cant fault them for effort But the reality is they wouldn't win the club championship in KK.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Ah, go on Dingle, tell us more.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star

Double header confirmed for Sunday. Minors at 1pm, Senior at 3pm.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

uibhfhaili wrote:Leinster MHC Kilkenny 3-25 Offaly 1-13 (FT)

Cant fault them for effort But the reality is they wouldn't win the club championship in KK.
Great support. Just what you want 17 year old to read.

Kilkenny minor is a excellent team. The Offaly team lack a bit of physical present at this stage of development but that will sort itself out over the next few years natural as the Offaly grow up.
Last year minor I felt that we may get 2 players stepping up.
From what I've seen so far there maybe 4 or 5 of this team.

Sunday vs Westmeath. I a tough one for young lads to pick themselves up from.
But best of luck to the team and management.
“Common sense is not so common.”

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Tox if a 17 year old is getting beat that bad by KK it doesn't matter what we say on this they know themselves where they are at.

When are Boldand and co going to be gone from the CB so we can put the right structures in place for the future?

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

greenairfield wrote:Tox if a 17 year old is getting beat that bad by KK it doesn't matter what we say on this they know themselves where they are at.

When are Boldand and co going to be gone from the CB so we can put the right structures in place for the future?
What might those structures be? Is there a possibility that 'structures' are being worked on/put in place as we speak? I don't know myself, but its worth asking.

Boland and Company, as you call them, will certainly continue to be there if their names go forward again and nobody opposes them. As it is an election process, they may get elected even if there is opposition..
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I don't think they are in place to be honest results are still poor at underage by all accounts.

Nobody will go up against them as there is so many to get rid of I don't know where do u start.

If they all stood down im sure we would get a decent set up going.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

greenairfield wrote:If they all stood down im sure we would get a decent set up going.
Really? So the fixtures would just make themselves up? The referees would know what games to turn up to? The huge administration involved in preparing and putting our county teams out on the pitch over the next 6 weeks would just all happen by itself? Injured players paperwork and welfare would take care of itself? The massive operation of hosting 3 (probably 4) intercounty games in OCP over the next 6 weeks would be undertaken by who exactly? Don't tell me theres all these lads waiting in the wings to take on all these glamorous tasks because I can tell you for a fact there is not.
I've nothing but absolute respect for all our county board volunteers who keep the ship afloat, Its because of them and the players that the true Offaly supporters have so many games to enjoy over May and hopefully beyond. If only some people knew the extent of whats involved in running all this......

Slieve Bloom Man
County player

Post by Slieve Bloom Man »

greenairfield wrote:I don't think they are in place to be honest results are still poor at underage by all accounts.

Nobody will go up against them as there is so many to get rid of I don't know where do u start.

Why don't you put yourself forward for a position so you can actually do something about it?

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Firstly I have just got involve in my own club and would love to get involved at county level but I am in Dublin during the week so couldn't comit at this time.

Secondly people would fill the positions if all these guys left, better people who could do all them jobs ye listed.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

I too would like to thank all the VOLUNTEERS who give so much to run the GAA in our county. We all may pick out things we would like to see done differently, but these men and women really do a thankless job.

With regard to the right structures being in place, I do believe some progress is now being made in that regard, but you won't change results overnight. As I have stated elsewhere, even with the right structures in place, due to numbers, we will struggle to win silverware at underage level. However, if we could produce two or three top class players each year for the senior set up then that would be progress.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

theoutsider
Junior A

Post by theoutsider »

greenairfield wrote:I don't think they are in place to be honest results are still poor at underage by all accounts.

Why do people give this man air time? He is the typical old school GAA Club man - Complain about everything but do nothing about it.

Sort of guy that would be the first one on the field to congratulate a lad but would call him every name under the Sun the next day for scoring 0-15 but missing one free and losing by a point! :roll:

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Well said lads, can't be typing shite and getting away with it.

There are a number of issues to be addressed by the co board and sure there are better people out there, but cant/wont commit.
But in fairness there are efforts being made to change and hopefully more people will row in behind them!