Football Club Boundaries

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
hamstrings
Junior A

Football Club Boundaries

Post by hamstrings »

tested myself doing the boundaries for each football club . A few could be wrong but im sure yee can correct me
offaly football map !.gif
offaly football map !.gif (67.43 KiB) Viewed 24855 times

mickey
Senior
Club: ferbane

Re: Football Club Boundaries

Post by mickey »

Who really cares?I can't think of one club in ireland who actually don't have a few outsiders on team.borders count for little it's why hurling is gone so bad in offaly at the moment

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

how much of killeigh did you put in tullamore or more so how much of crinkle did you put in birr.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

kaiserchief wrote:how much of killeigh did you put in tullamore or more so how much of crinkle did you put in birr.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parish maps says tullamore parish ends there with geashil parish underneath it so i presumed thats were killeigh would be and for crinkle they dont have a football club poor whoores

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Thanks for posting the map, H.

I wouldn't be familiar with the territory of the far north, but Rhode - they must be maximising every acre they have.

Is the map online anywhere - or at least the index?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Thanks for posting the map, H.

I wouldn't be familiar with the territory of the far north, but Rhode - they must be maximising every acre they have.

Is the map online anywhere - or at least the index?
Yeah you can access parish maps for each county on the irish times website , just type it into Google should come up. It lists town lands for each parish too !
The north of the county is broken up into tiny parishes so it's hard to distinguish club borders but gave it my best shot
You can do the hurling club map :wink: I'm afraid I'll piss someone off :lol:

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

I logged in to the IT parish info & my home parish. When I clicked on "areas" it skipped to the Civil (CoI) Parishes which are relevant.

I note a number of townlands in "Ballinahown" Parish are listedas being in Clonmacnoise (now normally referred to as Shannonbridge) including the one, Bloomhill, the Ryans, Sean, Mick, Kieran & Michael came from, so I suspect these are not included in the Doon Club area on the above map, as they should be.

I also see that the Townlands in the Westmeath portion of the Parish (including Ballinahown itself) are incorrectly listed by the IT as being in another Parish.

theoutsider
Junior A

Post by theoutsider »

Good map

Been from the North of the county can only comment on that part. Edenderry is too far west. Ballyfore covers from the Canal bridge in edenderry on Tullamore road up as far as the yellow river which is right beside the turn off for Clonbullogue on the Main Edenderry-Daingean road. Ballyfore is all area on the left of this road heading tullamore direction but on the right hand side the boundary is hard to tell as it runs into the rhode and edenderry borders in lots of places. The croghan boundary is too big I think. Its going to far East on that map. The rhode parish is bigger than that and Clonmore is smaller as well. Im open to correction on any of the above

hamstrings
Junior A

Post by hamstrings »

The salmon1 this might help

TheSalmon1
Junior B

Post by TheSalmon1 »

Thanks for that. It could take a while. I imagine the finer details and borders will consume a fair bit of time. PMs welcome from anyone with knowledge on any club's territory.
Should be interesting anyway.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

I just had a quick look at map. Killeigh parish is shown in black and amber, since 2015, Clodiagh Gaels, dual club, light blue/ navy blue, border Tullamore, KK and Shamrocks, and two Lais clubs, St. Man mans and Kilcavan. Ballinagar, blue jerseys, and bordering Daingean, and Cappincur, Clodiagh Gaels. Raheen, orange and black colours, border, Gracefield to the east, Kilcavan in Laois, and Walsh Island.

Good idea for map.