Allianz Hurling League Roinn 1B 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Keiap
Intermediate

Re: Allianz Hurling League Roinn 1B 2016

Post by Keiap »

Kaiserchief your talking nonsense again..good man..the Offaly manager wanted the field the it was so get your facts before you talk.what are you on about the dressing rooms lots of room for lads to tog out in,the second one is there for physio..they do the same thing in Nolan park if you ever togged out in it as I suspect you didn't..the pitch was fine and the maximum crowd allowed in is 3,300 that s never goin to happen I wud say it was close to 2,500 yesterday

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

kilkenny in 2 weeks , i wonder is c mahon soon coming back?
i like to see a team like this
j demsey
c mc donald
d shortt
p rigney
s gardner
c egan
p camon
c doughan
c kiely
p murphy
c mahon {if fit}
s kinsela
s dooley
j bergin
j gorman

Superstar
Junior B
Club: Shamrocks

Post by Superstar »

Keiap only 900 paying customers in Birr yesterday!

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Keiap wrote:What are you on about the dressing rooms lots of room for lads to tog out in,the second one is there for physio..they do the same thing in Nolan park if you ever togged out in it as I suspect you didn't..
Lots of room for a 7 a side team maybe!
Birr dressing room facilities are brutal, I could name at least ten other pitches in the county that has better dressing rooms.

Sharp Eye
All Star

Post by Sharp Eye »

sam88885a wrote:kilkenny in 2 weeks , i wonder is c mahon soon coming back?
i like to see a team like this
j demsey
c mc donald
d shortt
p rigney
s gardner
c egan
p camon
c doughan
c kiely
p murphy
c mahon {if fit}
s kinsela
s dooley
j bergin
j gorman

I have not heard that Conor Mahon has actually re-joined the panel. Surely it would not be fair on him to hurl against Kilkenny following his serious injury and lack of match fitness. While we do need to introduce forwards with scoring ability, the game against Kilkenny is not suitable for experimentation. Offaly will however, have to use an effective sweeper system in order to reduce the risk of Kilkenny scoring goals.

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

Keiap wrote:Kaiserchief your talking nonsense again..good man..the Offaly manager wanted the field the it was so get your facts before you talk.what are you on about the dressing rooms lots of room for lads to tog out in,the second one is there for physio..they do the same thing in Nolan park if you ever togged out in it as I suspect you didn't..the pitch was fine and the maximum crowd allowed in is 3,300 that s never goin to happen I wud say it was close to 2,500 yesterday
Ha.. love this!!

Keiap - I would like to hear that from the horses mouth as I find it hard to believe somehow.

I have togged in Nolan park and it's a lot bigger than Birr. I wasnt saying the physio was in the second, that happens everywhere around the country. Half the team togged in the second dressing room and thats FACT!!

2500... brilliant.. what game where you @.. 900 paid through the turnstiles!!

I heard Conor Mahon played for K/K is the league at the weekend and is back fit.

Sam8885a - C Egan is not a center back, he belongs in the half forward line. And Gorman, ha! Are you serious. He is going to get it hard to make his club team this year. (KK forwards... C Kiely C Mahon C Slevin P Gearethy D Currams T Gearethy)

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

kaiserchief wrote:
Keiap wrote:Sam8885a - C Egan is not a center back, he belongs in the half forward line. And Gorman, ha! Are you serious. He is going to get it hard to make his club team this year. (KK forwards... C Kiely C Mahon C Slevin P Gearethy D Currams T Gearethy)
Its funny I agree with you whole post.
Egan a wing forward. I agree that Gorman will could find it hard to make the KK team as the KK forwards are outstanding. you forgot Dylan Murray, Shane Guinan and Cathal Mahon (who I think will be Conor replacement longterm)
But Gorman against Wexford brought something to the forward line. His unselfish movement meant that there was hole for the other forward to move into while leaving room for Bergin and Dooley. We miss that on Sunday.
Too many hurlers are dismissed for what they can't do without looking at what they bring to the team.
“Common sense is not so common.”

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

900 paying customers everyone has said there was more than the Killkenny game and that was over 2000 so I don't know where the 900 figure came from as the stand was more than half full and that's around 1300, that's not including the big crowd on the terrace.

Anyway it doesn't matter really all it proves is more people travel to Birr than OCP.

Eamon kelly did walk the pitch KC and that is true as I know members of the groundstaff who were there on the Thursday.

Regarding any of the other bullshit on this forum I just think you folk should call this website northoffaly.com.

By any chance are all of you guys on this working for OCP???

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

greenairfield wrote: Regarding any of the other bullshit on this forum I just think you folk should call this website northoffaly.com.

By any chance are all of you guys on this working for OCP???
Calm down. Most people here are happy for Birr to get some Walsh Cup and League games.

It's the guff from some of the Birr supremacists that people take issue with.
The 'fortress' stuff is comedy gold at this stage. It never was back in the good days, it definitely wasn't on Sunday.
The 'superior surface', that can't take a drop of rain, but should give a decent first cut of silage in May.
The 'move to Tullamore causing Offaly's decline'. A couple of years before this happened, Offaly had already be trounced by 31 points by Kilkenny and had lost to Carlow in the league.

But who am I to argue with 'de rale hurling people' from South of the Mason-Dixon line. :mrgreen:

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

We also get annoyed when people mention 900 knowing damh well that was half the crowd in the SBP on Sunday and that's a fact.

What about the 400 at the limerick game in OCP.

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

Toxicity- that is true, corner forward is a pressure position. always the first player taking off, been that way for years. Gorman just hasn't got constancy for my picking.

The grass being long,apologies to all, It just looked bad I taught!!

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

I agree but if we cut it you would probably say it was too short...how's the development coming along outside of KK?

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

Ha! That is probably true.

*Just to clarify I'm not from KK

It's just a field (holding a lot of water) at present. I heard that it has been scaled back because of funding.

Anyway, do you not pass it when travelling to OCP to support? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wing Back
County player
Club: Coolderry

Post by Wing Back »

I don't mind the length of the grass really. If Eamon Kelly wanted it long then that's fine. But the surface itself needed to be rolled badly. It was extremely bumpy. That should have been done early on in the week ...... and then with the dry weather we had...... it would have set nicely with a level playing surface. In days gone by Birr was always nice and smooth....but last Sunday it was very bumpy and will have to be addressed before Offaly play there again I feel, definitely didn't help us and when you consider how well we played on a nice surface last weekend against Wexford, which was top notch ....it's hard to credit we would have wanted it that way. Everything else about hosting the games was well done I felt. Perhaps another ticket van/booth on the Roscrea side might have been an idea. I don't have an opinion on the dressing rooms except I always did think they were slightly small. But they serve their purpose and I think giving out about them is knit picking. Something for the future perhaps that Birr club can look at. The field needs to be rolled badly though fact.

Now with regard to the match itself. I felt an awful lot of our lads went missing. around the middle of the field as I said in an earlier post. The game passed them by and we need to look at this before the game in Nowlan park. I would like Kiely to start on the wing ahead of Mulrooney. He adds a bit of size and has the hurling to booth. I agree with points made about Gorman....He may struggle to make the KK starting team.....but he has done OK in my opinion for Offaly. He won the game for us against Kilkenny and done well against Wexford last week too. Maybe a good option for the other wing to spring off the bench and move Paddy Murphy into the corner. I can't have Sampson at all.....Sean Cleary has something to offer I feel but not good enough to start possibly either. Without being biased Kevin Connolly is a better option than either of these in my opinion. Not sure how lads will feel about him only coming back into the squad recently though. How much of a difference any of these changes will make against Kilkenny I don't know. Gardner has to start I feel. Stephen Wynne is in the squad now I have heard and should definitely be in the running to get a run aswell. He can hurl and he proved that in the county final I thought. Joey O'Connor can make a difference aswell. We have options in a few positions who I feel are good hurlers and capable of stepping up to the mark. If we can get all or ducks in a row with Dooley and Bergin hitting form again and tweaking around the periphery we can give Kilkenny a game possibly. They could be out for blood though to after what happened in January.
'Babs keating 'resigned' as coach because of illness and fatigue. The players were sick and tired of him'

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

I think at this stage most people couldn't care less about the state of the pitch, state of the dressing rooms or whatever. Last Sunday defeat was disappointing but at the end of the day progress is being made. A top 4 finish was the league goal and that was achieved. I feel we are now going into the championship in a much better place than 12mths and the round robin will be no harm at all. A top 2 finish here and another goal is achieved. We have Joe Bergin back playing super stuff, Dooley is hitting form. Kiely and Connolly are great additions to the squad. The result down in Kilkenny is not important (unless of course we win!!). Management and players are going in the right direction they least we can do is show them our support.