Allianz Hurling League Roinn 1B 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
allstar2010
All Star

Re: Allianz Hurling League Roinn 1B 2016

Post by allstar2010 »

sam88885a wrote:i dont blame birr at all i think the birr issue is an excuse for fair weather supporters . last sunday the crowd mainly limerick were on the ref back from the start .he was very poor but offaly have no home advantage if only 400 hundred supporters turn up .
To me offaly are trying and deserve support
They do deserve support absolutely and all clubs should be promoting Offaly teams. But they're not and Birr can't be blamed for that! Look at Tullamore GAA, what have they done to promote hurling? Do they even field an u21 team? They've won little to nothing in underage this last 20years. They only field 2 mediocre adult teams and their neighbours Ballinamere can field 3 adult teams. No adult team in the edenderry area either, sure is it any wonder there's no one going to offaly matches.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

.i rather they games were in birr because it nearer to me but there were 2000 people watching a walsh cup game against kilkenny u21 s on a shite day and yet only 500 go to see limerick in a big league match 25 minutes down the road .
that not about hurling promotion its an excuse
i think tullamore club have won 1 county senior hurling title and 4 senior football titles in the last 15 years . they did something right .

next week is important i think because we really nead to see how we measure up to the big teams in the group clare limerick and wexford . if we are making progress we will be ahead of both laois and kerry .
i cant understand how people will go to birr to see us hurling kerry and not have watched any of the other league games , its the one game in the league that i wouldnt be pushed about see , i expect that offaly hurilng are still ahead of kerry no matter how much improved kerry are this year .

i love e kelly to bring more hurling to midfield by moving c doughan there and c mc donald because wexford are strong in midfield . start a team like this and have a go at it .
j demsey
n wynne
d shortt
p rigney
p camon
d kelliher
s gardner
c mc donald
c doughan
s ryan
s kinsella
p murphy
j bergin
c egan
s dooley
a draw in wexford would be massive , wexford need point too .

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Team name for sunday.

James Dempsey.
Niall Wynne
Chris Mc Donald.
Paddy Rigney
Pat Camon
Conor Doughan
Dermot Shortt
Shane Kinsella
Sean Ryan
Paddy Murphy
Colin Egan
James Mulrooney.
Shane Dooley
Joseph Bergin
James Gorman.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Sharp Eye
All Star

Post by Sharp Eye »

Great to see James Gorman getting the start. Disappointed that Cillian Kiely is not starting at wing forward. We need more naturally scoring forwards, hard working players with a limited return from their work will not win many games.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

If you look closely at the County Board's release, you will note that a 'panel' is named.This goes for the footballers as well as the hurlers.

It merely allocates jersey members and offers no indication as to the fifteen who will start or how the team will line out.

Which is fine. It doesn't offer Wexford any unnecessary information (the panel would have to have been supplied to Wexford in midweek for publication in the match programme), and clubs can plan challenge matches etc.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:If you look closely at the County Board's release, you will note that a 'panel' is named.This goes for the footballers as well as the hurlers.

It merely allocates jersey members and offers no indication as to the fifteen who will start or how the team will line out.

Which is fine. It doesn't offer Wexford any unnecessary information (the panel would have to have been supplied to Wexford in midweek for publication in the match programme), and clubs can plan challenge matches etc.
Unfortunately while your theory is sound in it's ideology it isn't the reality. Eamonn Kelly will not release anyone on the extended Offaly panel to play challenge matches with their clubs regardless if they are on the 26 or not. Which is totally wrong in my opinion.

Sharp Eye
All Star

Post by Sharp Eye »

frankthetank wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:If you look closely at the County Board's release, you will note that a 'panel' is named.This goes for the footballers as well as the hurlers.

Unfortunately while your theory is sound in it's ideology it isn't the reality. Eamonn Kelly will not release anyone on the extended Offaly panel to play challenge matches with their clubs regardless if they are on the 26 or not. Which is totally wrong in my opinion.
Eamon Kelly is correct in not releasing any member of the 26 to play club challenge matches. If, however, he refuses to release any player to his club, who is not on the 26, it is a matter for the County Board to address with immediate effect. It is also a matter for the County Board if any panel member is not released to their clubs for any club championship game.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

To clarify, players who are not on the 26 are NOT released to their clubs for challenge matches. By GAA rules they must be released for club league games, however no such rule exists for challenge matches.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

does that mean that guys on the extended panel are getting no game time with club or county . To me thats madness .

surely those guys need to go back to their clubs straight away even if its costs them a place on the county panel.

i heard 1 player went to the e kelly and ask to be allowed play with his club to get game time because he was worries he might loose his club place but e kelly refused so he left the panel. i did believe it at the time .

surprise that s gardner is dropped . they full forward line all good hurlers but no real pace , all heading for 30 . i think we could do with s kinsella in there to bring more energy .

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

super display from offaly today well done and in wexford park to. :D

Exiled in Connacht
County player

Post by Exiled in Connacht »

Fantastic win today. Great score put up too.

Nicely set up now for Kerry game in Birr.

At least this result settles the Tullamore/Birr debate. Play all home games in Wexford Park I think !!!!

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Exiled in Connacht wrote:Fantastic win today. Great score put up too.

At least this result settles the Tullamore/Birr debate. Play all home games in Wexford Park I think !!!!
Massive result in a venue we haven't beaten Wexford in since 1995. Well done to all.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

SearingDrive wrote:
Exiled in Connacht wrote:Fantastic win today. Great score put up too.

Massive result in a venue we haven't beaten Wexford in since 1995. Well done to all.
Results and scoring seem to be all over the map for teams this season.

A team that scores as Offaly did today will feel at home anywhere.

Nice job today !!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

great win today especially after a terrible start .
this team has improving each day and the squad is improving too .
looking forward to the kerry match already if e kelly keeps their feet on the ground we can look forward to a quarter final , i think he has a team with real spirit and huge work rate and guys that are not happy just to fullfill fixtures they go to win .
Just wonder did wexford get carried away after beating kerry so handy last week , to be 9 point down before half time after having a 6 point lead is a massive collapse from a wexford point of view .
well done to all and come on offaly supporters get behind these guys .

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Fantastic result, it raised somme cheer when announced in Tullamore.....