Allianz Hurling League Roinn 1B 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
KeshaWantsTimber
Intermediate

Re: Allianz Hurling League Roinn 1B 2016

Post by KeshaWantsTimber »

Not being harsh on anyone but 16 possessions for Gorman seems incredibly high. If you took 10 off that you might be closer and still too high. Where did those stats come from?

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Counting possession taking from a lad at the match.
He does it all the time.
If he at a match I always look at the sheet at the end.
Yesterday he was having huge problem with yellow helemts and I could hear him fucking when Langton came on to add a 5 yellow to the offaly team.
Honesty it could be high. I keep meanting to ask him how he marks possession stats.

So kc. How would a clareen man like to describe bergin 1st half performance?
Last edited by Toxicity234 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Common sense is not so common.”

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

I question is ability to count. :roll: :roll: :roll:

sorry, just find it hard to believe them stats from Gorman. If you said Kinsella or Sean Ryan id believe ya.

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

lads lets be positive , the team that started on sunday was more balanced that any offaly team in a few years .
we had 6 defenders in the back line , we had 6 forwards and j bergin s dooley in their best positions near the goal .

we had lads playing in there best positions all over the field and sunday showed that there is a good spirit in this panel but sunday is only 1 win ,we need to see a steady improvement every game during the league .
p rigney and c doughan were missing on sunday . c mahon and d mooney will come back in . c kiely might be back in the next few weeks too . those will add to the team which is positive too.

we need offaly hurling supporters to get out and support these guys in their 2 home games ,limerick in tullamore and kerry in birr .

lets stop the bullshite that birr is too far or that tullamore is too far ,ocp and sbp are only 23 mile apart with a decent n52 between them ,25 minutes will bring u from one to the other .
For year we said that we had notting to support , 15 guys with no team spirit and certain lads playing for themselves.
Sunday was different not that offaly played great hurling but they played with real spirit and as a team .
They offaly hurlers show lots of the old do or die spirit on sunday , all 20 players so now it up to the hurling supporters to get out and support them because the crowd in ocp was shamefull ,only 1400 and half them were laois .

it simply not good enough when u hear e kelly talking about young l langton parents collecting him from carlow 4 night a week , bringing him to training and bring him back to carlow and u have Gobshites who refuse to drive down the road to suport the team because the game is not outside their window .
people like that dont care about offaly hurling .
Sunday might be the start of Offalys RECOVERY hopefully .

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

well said sam8885a.

I'd like to see Currams back in their too. gets a lot of criticism but he is very dangerous around the goals also.

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Here here Sam.... No one can question your passion.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Sam and kaiser chief...you guys are so bias to K/K. Dan currams might be dangerous at club level,but has struggled to produce at county level and always has.

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

greenairfield I am no way bias for kk what so ever..

I mentioned in my comment that Currams has his critics and your obviously one. I agree with you that his performances for the county have been poor in the last few years for the county compared to his club but so have joe bergins and others.

I think he has somethin to offer that lads who are their at the moment don't.

MY OPINION :shock: :shock: :shock:

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

Why keep looking at the two guys you mentioned when infact they haven't hurled well in a offaly jersey in around 5 years. Wouldn't happen in any other county.

kaiserchief
All Star

Post by kaiserchief »

i agree with your point, but sometimes its better when the devil you know than the devil you dont.

NewEra
County player

Post by NewEra »

sam88885a wrote:lads lets be positive , the team that started on sunday was more balanced that any offaly team in a few years .
we had 6 defenders in the back line , we had 6 forwards and j bergin s dooley in their best positions near the goal .

we had lads playing in there best positions all over the field and sunday showed that there is a good spirit in this panel but sunday is only 1 win ,we need to see a steady improvement every game during the league .
p rigney and c doughan were missing on sunday . c mahon and d mooney will come back in . c kiely might be back in the next few weeks too . those will add to the team which is positive too.

we need offaly hurling supporters to get out and support these guys in their 2 home games ,limerick in tullamore and kerry in birr .

lets stop the bullshite that birr is too far or that tullamore is too far ,ocp and sbp are only 23 mile apart with a decent n52 between them ,25 minutes will bring u from one to the other .
For year we said that we had notting to support , 15 guys with no team spirit and certain lads playing for themselves.
Sunday was different not that offaly played great hurling but they played with real spirit and as a team .
They offaly hurlers show lots of the old do or die spirit on sunday , all 20 players so now it up to the hurling supporters to get out and support them because the crowd in ocp was shamefull ,only 1400 and half them were laois .

it simply not good enough when u hear e kelly talking about young l langton parents collecting him from carlow 4 night a week , bringing him to training and bring him back to carlow and u have Gobshites who refuse to drive down the road to suport the team because the game is not outside their window .
people like that dont care about offaly hurling .
Sunday might be the start of Offalys RECOVERY hopefully .
Brilliant post

sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Post by sam88885a »

greenairfield wrote:Sam and kaiser chief...you guys are so bias to K/K. Dan currams might be dangerous at club level,but has struggled to produce at county level and always has.
i didnt say anything about d currams so i dont know how im bias . clearly u dont like kk but they have won 3 of the last 4 county titles played in 2 lenster club final and an all ireland final so it normal to look for county player from your top clubs.
d currams has been one of there star players and he has added an all ireland inter firm title with grants to his cv.

It is my opinion but he seemed burnt out last year after three years without a break and two bad injuries .
on his day he is one of the best goal scores in the county but he has not played many games at full forward for offaly especially in 2012 2013 and 2014 when he was flying with his club .

last sunday was a step forward for offaly it just a pity that there are guys for what ever reason are involved , guys like S Coughlan E nolan etc ,who have so much to offer in my opinion

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

No problem with K/K what so ever.
Would love to see the gerathys, and maybe con mahon given a run out.
I also think Brian Leonard has something to offer too it'd pity he left the panel and that's not even mentioning kiely.

But as for currams has not done it for the county and will not either...FACT!!

Well done to the other 14 hurlers who won an interfirms today...presuming currams didn't win it on his own :wink: :wink:

Rodgie
Junior B

Post by Rodgie »

It was heartening to see the effort Offaly put in especially with conditions so poor. My belief is that while there are some tactical issues to sort out regarding a game plan, however the players are putting in a brilliant effort and deserve more support. After all these men make huge sacrifices to play for us with little reward. It would be great to have Cillian Kiely and any other player who has the necessary ability train and play for Offaly but for now lets give the guys that are there more support. If things change regarding other players outside the current panel in the coming weeks and they can commit then great. Offaly needs our best players competing for places. Limerick will be a big test, particularly with Cian Lynch in a roving role but as Kerry showed last week they can be vulnerable if ran at. To that end our Puck-out's will be a key area. A victory here is possible if the same effort is applied but we need to outwit limerick also.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

greenairfield wrote:No problem with K/K what so ever.
Would love to see the gerathys, and maybe con mahon given a run out.
I also think Brian Leonard has something to offer too it'd pity he left the panel and that's not even mentioning kiely.

But as for currams has not done it for the county and will not either...FACT!!

Well done to the other 14 hurlers who won an interfirms today...presuming currams didn't win it on his own :wink: :wink:
I presume for your statement that like a good supporter you went and watch the interfrims final as it was only in Mountbolus and supporters all the 19 players that played. Hell I was able to work for 8 hours, get the train from Dublin Bring the dog for a 10km cycle and still make the match.
Well Done to Grants, it was a tough games and I mean tough. Currams didn't play well but them no one played well.
Currams has played, trained and done his best for Offaly. He been played wing forward, Midfield, in a 5 man forward line.
Your right he may never do it for Offaly but isn't that a reflection on just how badly he has been managed. Just like Joe Bergin playing wing back, Midfield or wing forward. I watch Bergin try his best but not preform.
There a possibility he may never preform again for Offaly.
I can remember Currams hurling Cork to a stand still in Cork, Ran the game score 5 points from play.
I can't remember the last time Bergin has put in a full half let alone a full match.
Two good players that should be put in direct competition for the full forward position and let them push each other to keep the position.
“Common sense is not so common.”