2016 National League Div 3

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
NewEra
County player

Re: 2016 National League Div 3

Post by NewEra »

Tough how it finished. We got the draw we needed between Sligo and Tipp. Kildare did the business against Clare. What it came down to was our poor performance last week. Westmeath beat us last week and they beat us today! If they had beat Longford today we woudl have went up. Might be better in the long run as Div 2 does look very tough for next year.

Well done lads on a solid league campaign. Good to see some new lads blooded and the likes of Pender back. All systems go for Longford now and all going well a revenge mission in Cusack Park. Well done Pat and team. Progress is being made.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Ideally I'd prefer Offaly to go up to Div 2 having gotten 10+ league points.
I still reckon next year would have been a year too early for the current team to hit the next division.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Bord na Mona man wrote:Ideally I'd prefer Offaly to go up to Div 2 having gotten 10+ league points.
I still reckon next year would have been a year too early for the current team to hit the next division.
Blame it on Dunnes Stores result!

Exiled in Connacht
County player

Post by Exiled in Connacht »

I didn't want to start a thread yet for the Longford game as its not for a few weeks yet.

But on the subject of football it appears that Brian Connor played a stormer for New York against the Rossies on Sunday scoring four points.

How we could do with him for the Leinster championship. Any aul chance we could shnake him back and play him under a false name ! Tipp would probably object like they did with Tony Keady in 1989 !!

Unfortunately in an interview last week Brian said he has "no short-term plans to return home from America to play for the Faithful County again."

Any news on how training is going ? Any injuries or any results from challenge games played.