Walsh Cup 2016

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
allstar2010
All Star

Re: Walsh Cup 2016

Post by allstar2010 »

Big score line and great result and all that but would we not have won by over 30pts if it was in Birr??

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

While the sweeper system is not always the right solution, it's an advantage to be able to use it. In the past Offaly haven't used it to any great success and have been woeful at playing at against teams employing a sweeper.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

allstar2010 wrote:Big score line and great result and all that but would we not have won by over 30pts if it was in Birr??
50 points at least. How would a keeper be able to move quickly across his goal in Birr this time of year?

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Thanks for telling me lads , I was in Birr today for the game , took the speed boat down got parking right on the pitch and a duck wades by and says the game was moved to OCP , couldn't believe it.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

kingscounty wrote:Thanks for telling me lads , I was in Birr today for the game , took the speed boat down got parking right on the pitch and a duck wades by and says the game was moved to OCP , couldn't believe it.
You didn't catch the game, but you caught 3 trout in the nets of the town end goal.

greenairfield
All Star
Club: birr

Post by greenairfield »

Looking forward to the Killkenny game now in 2 weeks, in the home of hurling as the fella says. There was no point letting a college team that probably hasn't met in 3 weeks to dig it up now was there.
How many was at the game in OCP,
200 people I believe.☺

Bord na Mona man
All Star

greenairfield wrote:Looking forward to the Killkenny game now in 2 weeks, in the home of hurling as the fella says.
Nice of Tipperary to lend Offaly the Thurles pitch for the day!

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

You must be a tipp man because every Offaly person knows where the heart of Offaly hurling is.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

FAO: greenairfield

Google "sarcasm"

allstar2010
All Star

Post by allstar2010 »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
greenairfield wrote:Looking forward to the Killkenny game now in 2 weeks, in the home of hurling as the fella says.
Nice of Tipperary to lend Offaly the Thurles pitch for the day!
Hahahaha knew you'd get in there with that one

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

greenairfield wrote:Looking forward to the Killkenny game now in 2 weeks, in the home of hurling as the fella says. There was no point letting a college team that probably hasn't met in 3 weeks to dig it up now was there.
How many was at the game in OCP,
200 people I believe.☺
Were you there yourself?

greenairfield
All Star

Post by greenairfield »

No but i do go to most Offaly games even when they are in OCP, both football and hurling, and that is from a Birr man.

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

greenairfield wrote:You must be a tipp man because every Offaly person knows where the heart of Offaly hurling is.
kilkenny?? gotta be..

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

By the looks of it, Paudge Guinan played a full game for UCD against Dublin in the Welsh Cup last night.
UCD: Darragh Holohan (Dicksboro); Pat Hannon (Athenry), Seán Murphy (Buffers Alley), James Madden (Ballyboden St Enda's); Conor Devitt (Ballyfad), Cían O’Callaghan (Cuala), Jack O’Connor (St Martin's); Jake Malone (Cuala), Jack Mullaney (Stradbally); James Maher (St Lactain's), Colm Cronin (Cuala), Pádraic Guinan (Drumcullen); Tom Phelan (Conahy Shamrocks), Oisín O’Rorke (Kilmacud Crokes), Cathal Keane (Athenry.
Subs: Cían Mac Gabhann (Kilmacud Crokes) for O’Connor (40), Seán Moran (Cuala) for Devitt (50), Eoin Conroy (Naomh Éanna) for Madden and John Joe Ryan Clonakenny) for Mullaney (52), Ciarán Prendergast (Clara) for Phelan (58), Jack Griffin (Dungourney) for Maher (66).
Scorers for UCD: O O’Rorke 3-2 (1-1f), C Cronin 0-3, J O’Connor 0-2 (1f), C O’Callaghan, J Malone, J Maher, J Griffin, P Guinan 0-1 each.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/ ... 75100.html
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

He is on the Offaly senior and u21 panel this year