Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby greenairfield » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:55 pm

Take down the comment why? I didn't slate anybody just saying these guys didn't go in with the team due to different reasons..work, travelling etc etc.

Who out of the players I mentioned is in there ? I'm pretty confident most of them are not in with the panel.
greenairfield
All Star
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby Toxicity234 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:51 pm

tacmot wrote:
Sharp Eye wrote:
greenairfield wrote:S connolly is the only man on the panel.


Has Winning the Offaly Senior Hurling Club championship become more important to the players from our best clubs than playing for Offaly at Senior Inter-County level???


David king in college in Nottingham until April, Cathal parlon out till summer with cruciate injury, he got PLAYING for Offaly last year, and who is currently in America working. Kevin Connolly teaching in cork and would take over 2 hours to get up to train twice a week , Conor Molloy only 18 and with the county minors.
So sharp eye if you think that any these lads aren't interested in playing for Offaly then you are completely misguided.


Thanks for that. your spot on. Coolderry lads love hurling. They fucking love hurling for there club and they love hurling for there county and if it was at all possible they be there.
“Common sense is not so common.”
Toxicity234
All Star
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby greenairfield » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Exactly tox so for people to have digs at theses lads is disgraceful
greenairfield
All Star
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby tacmot » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Sharp Eye wrote:Has Winning the Offaly Senior Hurling Club championship become more important to the players from our best clubs than playing for Offaly at Senior Inter-County level???


David king in college in Nottingham until April, Cathal parlon out till summer with cruciate injury, he got PLAYING for Offaly last year, and who is currently in America working. Kevin Connolly teaching in cork and would take over 2 hours to get up to train twice a week , Conor Molloy only 18 and with the cout

Coolderry seem to have just one player on the Offaly senior panel this year. Kilcormac/Killoughey had very few last year. They are two of the best club teams in Leinster. The Offaly Senior Hurling championship is hard won. I ask the question has winning the Offaly Club Title become the priority for the players from our best clubs or is it just a coincidence that so many players from our best clubs are not available, when the vast majority of players from all our remaining clubs have made themselves available. Remember "If you want to, you will find a way, If you do not want to you will find an excuse".[/quote]
Sharp eye those were not EXCUSES that I gave re the Coolderry players , they were reasons as to why there was only 1 from the club on the current panel.
Who from the club would you have there ? I feel that over the last couple years KK were slated for not having more on the county panel and now this has been passed onto Coolderry because they are county champs. You just seem to want to have a dig at them for some petty reason.
Just for the record. I was chatting Kevin Connolly and he said he would love to be involved, but he would have a 2 and half hour journey to birr to training and then add another hour to that for the winter training that was taking place in Athlone , I believe. Do you think that would be possible for a lad to be able to do at least TWICE a week ?
Also in case anyone doubts Coolderry lads commitment to Offaly hurling I recall back in 2005 when we are also county champs, there was at least 8 , Joe Brady, Kevin Brady, Brian Carroll, Damien Murray, Barry Teehan, Shane o Connor , Brendan o Meara , Trevor Corcoran all on championship panel v Dublin in semi final.
tacmot
Senior
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby Sharp Eye » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:25 pm

tacmot wrote:l


Also in case anyone doubts Coolderry lads commitment to Offaly hurling I recall back in 2005 when we are also county champs, there was at least 8 , Joe Brady, Kevin Brady, Brian Carroll, Damien Murray, Barry Teehan, Shane o Connor , Brendan o Meara , Trevor Corcoran all on championship panel v Dublin in semi final.


I am not making an attack on any player. It is a free choice of every player whether or not they accept an invitation to become a member of a senior county panel. I am just concerned that due to the severe fall in the standard of the Offaly Senior Inter-County hurling team since 2005 that the players from our best clubs feel they have a chance of greater success at club level (Leinster Club Championship etc) rather than playing round robin games versus Carlow, Westmeath and Kerry.
Sharp Eye
All Star
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby Toxicity234 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Reading the last few pages.
Can someone explain to me what the hell a lesser club is??
all the clubs i see playing in Offaly given a 100% commentment, 100% passion and want the best for the players and everyone involved in the club.
That the make every club in Offaly equal.
There is no lesser clubs in Offaly but there a few clubs that need attitude adjustment about the way they think of other clubs with the county.
The Idea that club one club is better than another is a disappointing attitude.
No wonder we having problems at inter county level when the players from some clubs think there "more" that the lads that came in with because of the clubs they come from.
“Common sense is not so common.”
Toxicity234
All Star
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby private joker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:43 am

Just reading the post about every club giving 100% commitment and passion. This statement is simple not true. 100 % means everything is given to the cause. The club,all players, row in behind the team and mgt for the betterment of the collective. My experience of teams in offaly outside of kilcormac and maybe cool derry is that most teams/clubs are not committed. I would say that all intermediate teams have no real clue to what it means to truly be a senior team. I saw a lot of games last year at this grade and I would say that only one team looked, from 1 to 15 physically in shape, at senior maybe 4 teams look in real proper fit shape to hurl at a constant high level. What cuala did to cool derry, the best offaly have to offer and lusmagh vs Glenmore, lusmagh been a senior team playing junior championship says a lot. Like I said, kk are the most professional, St rynaghs and coolderry very good as well. The rest, seem to put in a huge effort , but only for a relatively short period of time. Ie, 3-4 months before first championship games. I'm sure clubs/players feel like they are putting in massive effort, but it's short lived.
private joker
County player
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby Sharp Eye » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 am

Toxicity234 wrote:Reading the last few pages.
Can someone explain to me what the hell a lesser club is??
all the clubs i see playing in Offaly given a 100% commentment, 100% passion and want the best for the players and everyone involved in the club.
That the make every club in Offaly equal.
There is no lesser clubs in Offaly but there a few clubs that need attitude adjustment about the way they think of other clubs with the county.
The Idea that club one club is better than another is a disappointing attitude.
No wonder we having problems at inter county level when the players from some clubs think there "more" that the lads that came in with because of the clubs they come from.


I would regard our "lesser clubs" as any club that has not won an Offaly Senior County Hurling Title in the past 10 years.
Sharp Eye
All Star
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby allstar2010 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:47 am

Sharp Eye wrote:
Toxicity234 wrote:Reading the last few pages.
Can someone explain to me what the hell a lesser club is??
all the clubs i see playing in Offaly given a 100% commentment, 100% passion and want the best for the players and everyone involved in the club.
That the make every club in Offaly equal.
There is no lesser clubs in Offaly but there a few clubs that need attitude adjustment about the way they think of other clubs with the county.
The Idea that club one club is better than another is a disappointing attitude.
No wonder we having problems at inter county level when the players from some clubs think there "more" that the lads that came in with because of the clubs they come from.


I would regard our "lesser clubs" as any club that has not won an Offaly Senior County Hurling Title in the past 10 years.


So you'd put Rynaghs in the "lesser clubs" bracket???
allstar2010
All Star
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby greenairfield » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:56 am

Private joker you comment is quite ridiclious you say one thing then 2 lines later you say something totally different. The fact is we are all falling behind at county level cos the hurlers are not there, the sooner we realise that the better. It's noting about commitment as 90% of these guys but in enough commitment, we just don't have the hurlers that we once did.
greenairfield
All Star
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby allstar2010 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:56 am

Inter county hurling these days is a massive commitment and unless you're a single student or local teacher (no disrespect to teachers, they have a tough job but the hours give them a better chance of being able to commit if teaching locally) it's very hard to make the commitment required now at this level. Fair play to Brian Carroll for giving so many years of service but would he have been able to do so if not teaching?

I'm not saying it's a chore to play at this level but compared to years ago it's nearly a full time job and your going to see a lot of lads pull out of the panel because of this. Not because they have no interest but because financially and otherwise it just can't be done. It's a lot easier for the likes of Donaghy to commit for another year with Kerry when there's a good chance of playing in Croker on the 3rd Sunday in September than someone from offaly who realistically the best they can hope for is maybe a Leinster final appearance and all Ireland q/f. So really everyone should just get behind the lads that are good enough and able to commit and give them our support and let them know we appreciate the hard work they are putting in.
allstar2010
All Star
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby private joker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:27 pm

greenairfield wrote:Private joker you comment is quite ridiclious you say one thing then 2 lines later you say something totally different. The fact is we are all falling behind at county level cos the hurlers are not there, the sooner we realise that the better. It's noting about commitment as 90% of these guys but in enough commitment, we just don't have the hurlers that we once did.

Where did I say different? And I'll try and explain myself better. You also say that 90% of players put in an enough effort.what would you regard as "enough?
private joker
County player
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby greenairfield » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Firstly you say kk and Coolderry are the only teams who were flying fit then u add Banagher too that later in your post.

I think that is unfair on Birr and Shinrone Kinnity, and Clareen most years as they all put in big effort for club teams but just don't have the hurlers to win a county final at the minute.
greenairfield
All Star
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby private joker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:32 pm

I dont think adding a third team to a list of two can be taken as saying something "totally different" or "as ridiculous".
In my opinion, how you can judge a club as been, lesser or bigger would have to be based on more than a county title.
80 % or more have foundation course done.
60% or more have award 1
40% or more have award 2.
How many players on intercounty squads from under 13 to senior.
private joker
County player
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Offaly Hurling Championships 2015

Postby kaiserchief » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:58 am

I have read back the last few posts and private joker is just contradicting comments every post.

Not only do I find the word "lesser" as ignorant and foolish but it is also disrespectful to every club in Offaly you put in this category. Can you list all these lesser club's private joker? I just assume you are from the so called "superior" clubs in Offaly.
kaiserchief
All Star
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Offaly GAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 9 guests